(1) Can I create a tile for a song? How?
    (2) Can I put a picture on a tile that's normally just a color block, such as a name in speed dial memory? How?

thanx

1) Yes. Go to your music library, pan over to songs. Hold down the song you want and then select "pin to start".
    2) I am assuming to want to create a tile for a person? If so, open the People hub, hold down the name of the person you want to pin and then select "pin to start".

You can pin almost anything of interest on your start screen and it is mostly achieved by the long-press action. It is the right-click for Windows Phone. In some cases, the long press doesn't work and you will need to look for the "pin" command on the app bar.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Marcus View Post
    (2) Can I put a picture on a tile that's normally just a color block, such as a name in speed dial memory? How?

thanx
    Yes, the pic just needs to be stored locally on your phone. Example, I have several contacts that I don't have a pic of the person, but of something that represents them. The owner of the dive shop I frequent has a photo of the Diver Down flag.
  4. BCH

You can pin a contact, but not a specific phone #. If the contact has a photo, that photo will appear on the tile. Clicking the tile will open the contact from which you need to hit the phone #, email address, etc.

You can add a contact photo. When in the contact, hit edit button, then hit the contact photo. If there are multiple linked contacts for a single person, e.g. Gmail, Hotmail, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc., you can select from among those photos already associated with each account. You can also choose a photo to be associated with some of them, e.g. Hotmail, but not Facebook.