Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Not having that problem on my Red 920

If its like the Lumia 900 the screen is held down by a long pin to the left of the sim card, so I would imagine that would give a bit of give if you pressed down hard in the middle top edge of the screen.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tumaykilinc View Post
    Mine doesn't have the issue, but if someone else has it, he has the right to complain. We paid the same price, so he/she would expect it to be good quality.
    I don't understand people that say stop whining. If none of us complained, you would never be getting high build-quality phones.

Anyways, i would exchange it with a new one if it's possible.
    Complain to Nokia and exchange the phone then. Not here. This isn't the complaints department, though you would think it was based upon the threads you see every time a new phone is introduced.

Yellow 920...not so much as a freak.

My phone doesn't seem to have this issue, but could this be possibly related to the reports of dust leaking into the front facing camera?

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    My 2 cents...

Had this issue (clicking when pressing the top next to the SIM door) with my first phone (no dust however)...

I returned my first unit due to heat issues, battery, etc. The heat actually caused the top of the phone to discolor.

My new unit has been "perfect" (knock on wood) - no clicks, no discoloration, and while the unit gets warm at times its nowhere near as hot as my first unit.

Only complaint on this one is that the power button is a little loose compared to my first one but I can live with that. :D

My yellow 920 is solid as a brick. No problems here.

I have examined my phone more carefully, and it appears the top of the phone (where the headphone jack is) can be pressed down with noticeable travel. And when the top is pressed down, you can hear the clicking sound and you can also see the plastic gets closer to the glass. Now, if you press the bottom of the phone, then it's rock solid. You don't see any movement, and you don't hear any sound. When I get some spare time today, I'll do a video to show and hopefully hear what's going on.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Complain to Nokia and exchange the phone then. Not here. This isn't the complaints department, though you would think it was based upon the threads you see every time a new phone is introduced.
    The tone of the OP, myself, and others who experiencing this behavior with our phones are merely querying other WPCentral users if they are having the same issues. By doing so, we have a better idea if it's isolated to myself and that we can use this post as an informal reference in our conversation with the carrier or Nokia. Your tone so far has been condescending to the OP and others who are having the same issue. We don't expect a perfect phone, but we do expect that a $500-700 phone unibody polycarbonate phone should not click or physically move when the top is pressed. In fact, we confirmed this by other members who are NOT experiencing this issue at all. This implies that there's a potential issue with our phones. This is the intention of this post; to find out if anyone else is having the same issue.

I suppose all the posts about battery issue, bricking, freezing, dust, etc... are complaints, and by your logic, shouldn't be posted here in this Lumia 920 forum. If not, then I ask you, what's the purpose of this forum? So we should only share good stories? Maybe we should get rid of all the stickied posts to battery and bricking issues?
    Thanked by:
    Made in flanders likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinn206 View Post
    The tone of the OP, myself, and others who experiencing this behavior with our phones are merely querying other WPCentral users if they are having the same issues. By doing so, we have a better idea if it's isolated to myself and that we can use this post as an informal reference in our conversation with the carrier or Nokia. Your tone so far has been condescending to the OP and others who are having the same issue. We don't expect a perfect phone, but we do expect that a $500-700 phone unibody polycarbonate phone should not click or physically move when the top is pressed. In fact, we confirmed this by other members who are NOT experiencing this issue at all. This implies that there's a potential issue with our phones. This is the intention of this post; to find out if anyone else is having the same issue.

I suppose all the posts about battery issue, bricking, freezing, dust, etc... are complaints, and by your logic, shouldn't be posted here in this Lumia 920 forum. If not, then I ask you, what's the purpose of this forum? So we should only share good stories? Maybe we should get rid of all the stickied posts to battery and bricking issues?

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    as long as it doesn't let the dust coming inside the display , it is fine for me ,so any idea ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetegra View Post
    Here's the pics. In the first pic you can easily identify the gap between the frame and the upper screen. In the 2nd pic is me pressing the top of the phone, you could see no gap at all in this pic.
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...MPWNy2AO0OmgM4
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...J95bkMp1xef4SA
    I need some arrows or something. Are the first 2 pics the same? I don't see much difference in the 3rd pic.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I had this issue with my first black 920. It clicked and squeaked pretty badly from the top of the phone. Even worst when I connected an audio cable to the 3.5mm jack. I did noticed that by slightly pressing and holding the screen in the top area, then pressing the top of the phone would not make it squeak or click. Reading other people reporting it makes me believe it is a manufacturing consistency or variation issue. I exchanged it for a red 920 (which I love!!), and it does not have this problem.

I would recommend anyone with the issue to have it replaced if it bothers you. I had no issue since I was still within the 14 day period. But even after that the build quality issues should still be covered by the 1yr manufacturer warranty.
    Owned Smartphones:
    HTC PPC-6700 > HTC Touch Diamond > Samsung Moment > iPhone 4 32GB > HTC HD7S > Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 920

Global Posts
    10,361 Global Posts
    No issues here.. Black Lumia 920. Bought at the same time as Kevin's.. likely even the same batch.

I have to say that I have this exact same issue. The top part of the phone can definitely be pushed down, and makes a noticeable clicking sound upon doing so. It doesn't appear to affect the use of the phone in any way, but it is rather annoying for something that is supposed to be a solid piece of polycarbonate.

Too late to switch it out for a new one sadly.

While I don't particularly mind it, I do wonder if it will get worse in the long run. Is it coming apart slowly? I don't remember this when I first got the phone, but then I also don't remember specifically pushing in the top of my phone either. Will it affect the touch screen performance one day? I certainly hope not.
    prjkthack
    Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 928, Droid DNA
    Surface Pro 128GB

I bought a White Lumia920 2 weeks ago and I definitely have this issue. I can even get my fingernail between the screen rim and polycarbonate body.... I've been mad about this all day after I noticed it yesterday .... Glad others are having same problem and bothered by it like me! I am a huge windows phone fan and Nokia supporter/stock holder so I do find this unacceptable... I show my phone off to anyone who asks about it (tons of compliments and questions in last 2 weeks)... the last thing I want to have to do is explain a defect.... even if I am the only one who knows about it.

I might have this device for 2 years so having this issue out of the box is not a good sign... dust can definitely get in there and cause other issues. The phone should be air lock tight... or at least feel that way.

I am going to write Nokia tonight.

I had this issue from the first day I got the phone which was Nov 10th. The clicking went away, and then it started again a week later and stopped again. It's as if something snaps in and out of it's socket. Thankfully, I have not noticed dust in the camera. There is also a bit of give and creaking when I put pressure on the side of my 920 where the power, camera, and volume buttons are. Has anyone else noticed this?

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Yeah this happens on mine too (red AT&T). Either complain to ATT 100 times or just live with it. The same thing happens on my HTC One X. It creaks everywhere, I cant even pick it up without it creaking. But everyone does have a right to complain, no matter how small the problem.

If you paid for it, you can complain about it. If its free, shut up and live with it.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    "I see noTHING... I here noTHING" Sgt. Schultz. Same here, no issues and I do not intend to press hard enough to make it happen.

My Red L920 that I got on 11/9 is as solid as a rock, no hint of flexing in the case... Just another data point...

Here is a pic from my 1 day old Lumia. The lens is ~30x and the screen gap doesnt seem large in the pic because of the angle (hard to shoot) but you can see there is a large collection of dust. This is a day old and been in my pocket maybe 3 times.
    phone.png

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    No problems on my red 920. The top seems really sturdy.
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    My black Lumia had this real bad, I have a red one now and is having the same issue at the top left and bottom left although not as bad. If I push in on the glass at those points then it stops, its as if the glass is not fully secure.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    Here is a pic from my 1 day old Lumia. The lens is ~30x and the screen gap doesnt seem large in the pic because of the angle (hard to shoot) but you can see there is a large collection of dust. This is a day old and been in my pocket maybe 3 times.
    phone.png
    I dunno man..... I don't think 1000x zoom is enough. Better check it at 2500x and call Stephen Elop on his direct line, let him know about the crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalWarrior View Post
    I dunno man..... I don't think 1000x zoom is enough. Better check it at 2500x and call Stephen Elop on his direct line, let him know about the crisis.
    I was just curious and had a 30x handy. After looking at it with my own eyes regardless of any noises, i'd be worried of dust getting in. I have no idea the design of the case so maybe there are other ridges inside to block a direct path to the camera lens.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast