Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    it looks like it is amateur hour over in the Nokia promotions department. The website said the 16th....then it gets changed to the 20th. Well pretty sure the form I sent in said the 16th on it too so we'll see how this **** goes down.
    eallan likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSOgymrat View Post
    I am curious whether the earbuds being offered are the same as the ones described on the Purity website. It looks like the earbuds on this website are not out yet.

Nokia Purity by Monster
    I think the info is simply outdated. Here they are on Amazon.

I'm gonna submit for this even though i bought the phone on the 10th. I want these purity's so bad! I was bummed when i realized regular "made for iphone" headphone/mics don't work with the 920(the mic part). I'd been going back and forth about coughing up another 100 for a good set that i knew would work with the phone. Here's to crossing my fingers and toes!

-Luke

Really? That's a lot of hoops to jump through for a lousy set of earbuds. And being the skeptic that I am, I refuse to supply my name, address, and IMEI on some random website that could have been created by anybody. I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by kcaneiro View Post
    I'm am guessing that the pop up store thing is a joke....
    Terms and conditions on headphone site still say att, tmo, Verizon stores qualify
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    I bought my 920 on 11/15 but I exchanged it for the same model on 11/20 and the receipt looks like I made a separate purchase. I am going to submit it and see what happens.
    ealexand#CB likes this.

Wow lol this is not cool, not cool at all.

Thanks for sharing! Too bad I was a launch-day buyer. Lame that they aren't supporting the hardcore fans that waited in line for the release.
    Here is a quote explaining the confusion. I take no credit, it was actually edited into the wpcentral article after the fact.

"We are very pleased by the positive response to our Lumia range in the US. And I agree, there are some great holiday deals to be had. However, this particular promotion is an exclusive offer available only through our 8 pop-up stores in the US. We apologize for the confusion."Doug Dawson
    VP, Media Relations, Nokia

I am interested to see how many of these deals actually get fulfilled. I sent mine out when the date still read the 16th, and my purchase date falls into that slot. That said, it sounds like the limitation is going to be that you must have purchased the phone at the "pop up store". I am guessing they are not offering the charging plate anymore. I could be wrong though! We will see!

Part of me hopes that they only fulfill those who purchased at said store. As nice as it would be to get something for free, I feel like this would make early adopters (who am I kidding, they shouldn't be called early adopters, they should just be called launch week adopters lol)feel a little better. I hope Nokia and AT&T learn some valuable lessons here though. People want something for nothing when they hear someone else got a freebie. Pick a promotion that YOU CAN STICK TO and stick to it. Why on earth they are changing promotions based on which US state you live in, when you bought the phone, etc. is beyond me. This is another place Apple shines. "Buy our phone. It's $199, $299, or $399 based on model. It will be that price until the next one comes out about a year later". Nobody feels gyped because they bought their phone two weeks later than another guy. Win, win.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    Here is a quote explaining the confusion. I take no credit, it was actually edited into the wpcentral article after the fact.

I am interested to see how many of these deals actually get fulfilled. I sent mine out when the date still read the 16th, and my purchase date falls into that slot. That said, it sounds like the limitation is going to be that you must have purchased the phone at the "pop up store". I am guessing they are not offering the charging plate anymore. I could be wrong though! We will see!

Part of me hopes that they only fulfill those who purchased at said store. As nice as it would be to get something for free, I feel like this would make early adopters (who am I kidding, they shouldn't be called early adopters, they should just be called launch week adopters lol)feel a little better. I hope Nokia and AT&T learn some valuable lessons here though. People want something for nothing when they hear someone else got a freebie. Pick a promotion that YOU CAN STICK TO and stick to it. Why on earth they are changing promotions based on which US state you live in, when you bought the phone, etc. is beyond me. This is another place Apple shines. "Buy our phone. It's $199, $299, or $399 based on model. It will be that price until the next one comes out about a year later". Nobody feels gyped because they bought their phone two weeks later than another guy. Win, win.
    Agreed, I think that's the main problem. It was too many promotions and BS going on. You have AT&T offering Free Charging plates to new (upgrading) customers. You have this "pop up only" stores deal with the headphones, Black Friday deals for the phone cheaper than people who just bought the phone a week prior. You have the free plates for those in the UK. There is no unity and someone is bound to get left out.
    lordofthereef likes this.

I purchased my 822 on the 22nd of nov on a website called wirefly will they accept it or no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Simaan5 View Post
    I purchased my 822 on the 22nd of nov on a website called wirefly will they accept it or no?
    Read my post above (#34)

...This is another place Apple shines. "Buy our phone. It's $199, $299, or $399 based on model. It will be that price until the next one comes out about a year later". Nobody feels gyped because they bought their phone two weeks later than another guy. Win, win.
    Except for the time when the iphone came out and they dropped the price and early adopters complained so they got refunds.

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post
    Except for the time when the iphone came out and they dropped the price and early adopters complained so they got refunds.
    yep, that one time in 2007.

Dont over look the fact that they wont honor online orders.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    yep, that one time in 2007.
    Or that one time they came out with a new iPad 6 months after the last one.

That's how the tech world works. Not everyone will get the best price. You shop around and get a good one, and you understand that something better will come out soon.
    Photoshopping my receipt. See what happens. Worst they can say is not

Looks like they finally updated the list of participating stores and where these pop-up stores are located:

• Mall of Georgia (Atlanta, GA)
    • Northridge Fashion Center (Los Angeles, CA)
    • Queens Center Mall (New York, NY)
    • South Shore Plaza (Boston, MA)
    • Stonebriar Center (Dallas, TX)
    • Stoneridge Shopping Center (San Francisco, CA)
    • Westfield Southcenter (Seattle, WA)
    • Woodfield Mall (Chicago, IL)

I just spoke with someone from Nokia on another matter and she said that this is an exclusive offer for those who purchased from the pop-up stores. Anyone know how much they sell them for at the pop-up stores (including off-contract price?)

I promised any updates available that I have been able to get:
    *After repeated calls to the number on the Holiday Offer form, 1-877-906-6542, I get either a message advising me to call back during business hours or to stay on the line or leave a message with a call back number then giving me the opportunity to leave that message and then hangs up on me. I'm thinking for whatever reason we can just forget the phone buds.
    *As for the Mall of GA pop-up...there is no pop-up store in the Mall of GA. There two ATT company kioses that have been there forever along with a BestBuy phone store that just relocated from another area of the Mall and several other phone company stores. I'll go by them on Tuesday if possible just to see what they are offering since I am looking for another 920 upgrade from the 900.
    I think the info is simply outdated. Here they are on Amazon.
    Does anyone know if there are different models for the Purity in-ear headphones? I'm new to this, and I can't tell if the ones that say "Available Soon" on the Purity by Monster website are a new version of the ones available on amazon.com or not. They have the new colors (yellow, red) listed, so maybe they've updated the headphones to newer versions?

edited: to say "purity by monster website" instead of "nokia website"

Thank you for your interest in the Nokia Holiday Headset Offer.

We received and processed your submission today.
    Unfortunately, your Nokia Lumia purchase does not qualify for this Offer as it was not purchased from an AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon Retail Store that is participating in this Offer.

This Offer is limited in scope and is only being offered, advertised and promoted within select retail sales locations.

The complete list of Participating Retail Stores may be found by CLICKING HERE, or by copying and pasting the link below into your browser:
    http://www.nokiaholidayheadset.com/s..._Locations.pdf

We apologize that we are unable to fulfill your request, however we sincerely hope that you continue to enjoy owning your Nokia Lumia phone.

Sincerely,
    The Nokia Holiday Headset Offer Team
    Thanked by:
    Anyone have a copy of a receipt email that you have received purchasing from a pop up store?! Please send me a message!

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eurovisionacts View Post
    Photoshopping my receipt. See what happens. Worst they can say is not
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    lol
    Actually worst they could do is bring a case against you for mail-fraud - "Fraudulent submissions could result in federal prosecution under U.S. mail-fraud statutes."

Quote Originally Posted by kebnt View Post
    Looks like they finally updated the list of participating stores and where these pop-up stores are located:

• Mall of Georgia (Atlanta, GA)
    • Northridge Fashion Center (Los Angeles, CA)
    • Queens Center Mall (New York, NY)
    • South Shore Plaza (Boston, MA)
    • Stonebriar Center (Dallas, TX)
    • Stoneridge Shopping Center (San Francisco, CA)
    • Westfield Southcenter (Seattle, WA)
    • Woodfield Mall (Chicago, IL)

I just spoke with someone from Nokia on another matter and she said that this is an exclusive offer for those who purchased from the pop-up stores. Anyone know how much they sell them for at the pop-up stores (including off-contract price?)
    I went to Westfield Southcenter (Seattle, WA) on black Friday and talked to them. They told me that they were not selling the phone, they were just introducing the Lumia. So, there was no way that I could buy the phone from the pop up store. And, they also gave me a card about the free headset and telling me that I could get the headset for free if I purchase the Lumia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12