11-23-2012, 04:08 PM #3
- 359 Posts
I and others who had early review units can confirm this...
As to how to remove them I don't believe they can as I think it's part of the polycarbonate mixing process. That's not to say it is on purpose and in fact may be a defect in production. My advice is if it bothers you, perhaps see if you can exchange it for another.
12-04-2012, 07:24 PM #6
- 10 Posts
I think the OP may be talking about something other than just grease stains, as I have these marking on the back of my matte black 920 as well. I was in the store today picking up my wireless charger and brought it up to the sales guy who also has a matte black 920. He has these same markings, but they're in different areas of the phone and they do not wash off, rub off, etc. Daniel seems to have hit it on the head with regards to an issue with the polycarbonate mixing process. The guy at AT&T told me to call the Nokia customer support. Nokia basically told me that if the phone is functioning properly, they can only advise me to take it back to my point of purchase. With that said, "Jason" at Nokia was honest and said that this isn't the first call he's had about this and that any calls related to this issue are escalated up the chain at Nokia.
12-04-2012, 10:01 PM #7
- 432 Posts
there is another thread with similar observations:
In my case, I only see the areas after a while of use. Right after wiping the back with a damp cloth it goes away, but only for a short while. The areas are actually clearly visible when I use a wet cloth. As mentioned in the other thread I also believe that this has to do with inhomogeneous mixing (black and PC) or problems in the injection molding process (flow orientation).
- By mapexvenus in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 9Last Post: 02-12-2013, 03:05 PM
- By HeyCori in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 1Last Post: 03-09-2012, 01:35 PM
- By jrdatrackstar#WP in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 10Last Post: 09-26-2011, 01:22 PM
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 21Last Post: 07-06-2011, 03:00 AM
- By onemadrssn in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 1Last Post: 03-04-2011, 05:54 PM