Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Dmitry D's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
       #1  
    I do not have option in "Settings -> Applications -> Photos + Camera -> Skydrive" to choose upload videos and upload photos on wifi. I only have option to upload photos to skydrive or not to. But i really want to upload photos and vids only via wifi.

    I bought lumia 920 in Russia (WP 8.0.9903), SkyDrive app is installed.

    How can it be fixed?


    Thank you for attention!
  2. #2  
    I just got my phone and I am also missing any settings to change the upload quality. I am in Australia. I don't have my SIM installed yet as I need to get a new one or trim it. I will see if that makes any difference when I do.
  3. Tony Coneybear's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #3  
    Have you had any luck with this. I have the same problem with mine. No option to change photo quality etc.
  4. JSSR's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #4  
    Yep I got my Lumia 920 today and also having the same issue - no control over when it uploads and also the quality is crap. I want full resoltuion upload! Anyone found anything out?
  5. Munkeyphyst's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    84 Posts
    #5  
    Under settings, backup. There are setting for photo and video upload quality. "Good" quality upload will work over cellular, but "best" quality photo will hold the photo upload until you are on wifi. Video upload requires WiFi for "good" and "best"
  6. JSSR's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeyphyst View Post
    Under settings, backup. There are setting for photo and video upload quality. "Good" quality upload will work over cellular, but "best" quality photo will hold the photo upload until you are on wifi. Video upload requires WiFi for "good" and "best"
    Thanks Munkeyphst. I have seen screenshots of what it should look like on the net but for me these options are missing - I only have "Don't upload" or "Upload" and no other settings. Sounds like my other Australian friends have the same problem. Wonder if this is something to do with the Telstra rom we have here. CRAP as that's the main reason I've upgraded to be honest!!!!wp_000120.jpg
  7. pikablu0530's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    #7  
    You need to have a SIM card installed. I had the same problem before when I didn't have a SIM card inserted (was waiting for my micro SIM to arrive). Once the SIM card is in, and you actually have cellular connection, it'll show the full upload options.
  8. cameradork's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    552 Posts
    #8  
    That option is in the SkyDrive app
  9. Munkeyphyst's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    84 Posts
    #9  
    There are three locations for photo related settings. Within the camera app, but that pretty limited and has no settings for uploading pictures. There are two locations in settings. One is under "applications" and "photos+camera" this one has the option to upload to sky drive, but no options. There is a another location in settings under "system" and "backup" and then "photos". Here you have settings to turn on or off the auto upload of pictures and videos. Video always requires WiFi if chosen. Photo will require WiFi if the "best" option is chosen.

    Settings available under "application" "photos+video"
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...JK0ajp32QcjOcc

    Settings available under "system" "backup" "photos"
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...CmA52g96true5o
    cameradork likes this.
  10. Munkeyphyst's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    84 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cameradork View Post
    That option is in the SkyDrive app
    those settings apply to photos you manually upload through SkyDrive directly. Those settings do not impact the photos that are auto uploaded from the phone.
  11. Munkeyphyst's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    84 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by pikablu0530 View Post
    You need to have a SIM card installed. I had the same problem before when I didn't have a SIM card inserted (was waiting for my micro SIM to arrive). Once the SIM card is in, and you actually have cellular connection, it'll show the full upload options.
    I just pulled my SIM and restarted my 920 and I still have all the settings I discussed earlier without the SIM.
  12. JSSR's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeyphyst View Post
    There are three locations for photo related settings. Within the camera app, but that pretty limited and has no settings for uploading pictures. There are two locations in settings. One is under "applications" and "photos+camera" this one has the option to upload to sky drive, but no options. There is a another location in settings under "system" and "backup" and then "photos". Here you have settings to turn on or off the auto upload of pictures and videos. Video always requires WiFi if chosen. Photo will require WiFi if the "best" option is chosen.

    Settings available under "application" "photos+video"
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...JK0ajp32QcjOcc

    Settings available under "system" "backup" "photos"
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...CmA52g96true5o
    Thanks for your help but I think it must be disabled in Australia under telstra. You can see in the image below that I don't even have an option to back up videos - only photos. Looks like we got a gimped version :(

    wp_000121.jpg
  13. Munkeyphyst's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    84 Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by JSSR View Post
    Thanks for your help but I think it must be disabled in Australia under telstra. You can see in the image below that I don't even have an option to back up videos - only photos. Looks like we got a gimped version :(

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000121.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	23680
    what do you see when you tap on the word "photos" in that screen
  14. vlad0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    927 Posts
    #14  
    This is a bit ot but is there an option to auto-upload to skydrive vie mobile internet or only Wi-Fi ?
  15. Munkeyphyst's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    84 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad0 View Post
    This is a bit ot but is there an option to auto-upload to skydrive vie mobile internet or only Wi-Fi ?
    yes, but not in full resolution. Look at the picture in my previous post. It shows the options
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by JSSR View Post
    Thanks for your help but I think it must be disabled in Australia under telstra. You can see in the image below that I don't even have an option to back up videos - only photos. Looks like we got a gimped version :(

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000121.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	23680
    Got mine from Harvey Norman, not sure if its a Telstra specific ROM however it is Aus/NZ model according to the box. Haven't got my SIM sorted yet so not sure if this is resulting in any issues.

    BTW, I can use the Skydrive app to upload the full image however I cant open any photos using the Skydrive app?!? I just get a message saying " The file can't be displayed". The same photo can however be displayed from the Photo Hub no problem.
  17. pikablu0530's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by JSSR View Post
    Thanks for your help but I think it must be disabled in Australia under telstra. You can see in the image below that I don't even have an option to back up videos - only photos. Looks like we got a gimped version :(
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000121.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	23680
    No I don't think so. Make sure you have a SIM card installed and have active mobile data service, then restart your phone.
  18. pikablu0530's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetObsessed View Post
    Got mine from Harvey Norman, not sure if its a Telstra specific ROM however it is Aus/NZ model according to the box. Haven't got my SIM sorted yet so not sure if this is resulting in any issues.
    Easiest way to check whether your Lumia 920 is carrier specific or an "open market" (i.e. "unbranded") phone is go to Settings > extras + info > under "additional info", look at what's below "Mobile Operator Name". If you see "000-AU" or something starting with 000 then it is an "open market" phone. Otherwise it would have an initial corresponding to the carrier it is based on.
  19. N1cks's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #19  
    Questions:

    From the Pictures Hub, if you touch the three dots and share an individual photo to Skydrive, will the photo be uploaded at full resolution?

    Also, with regards to EXIF data, does Windows Phone 8 let you rename a photo?
    Because Skydrive searches ignore captions, tags etc and only show results when there's a match with the file name.
  20. JSSR's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetObsessed View Post
    Got mine from Harvey Norman, not sure if its a Telstra specific ROM however it is Aus/NZ model according to the box. Haven't got my SIM sorted yet so not sure if this is resulting in any issues. .
    I've found out a bit more - if you change your region settings to the US or UK then the option appears (after a reboot). So it looks like microsoft have locked this out for Australian users for some reason and it might not be carrier specific. You could test by changing your region now and seeing if the options appears - if it does then it's not carrier specific.

    SSSOOO annoying - why would they lock that feature out for Australian users? You can't really leave the region as US because the market place shows you US specific apps and reviews. I don't know if any of you used WP7 but it feels like the early launch of windows phone all over again. Australia didn't have local search or even business search in bing and you had to change location to US anytime you wanted to find a business!!
  21. defnz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #21  
    It's the same for New Zealand as well, those settings don't appear.
    Last edited by defnz; 11-27-2012 at 05:56 PM.
  22. Munkeyphyst's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    84 Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by defnz View Post
    It's the same for New Zealand as well, those settings don't appear.

    I'm not sure why adjusting the photo quality is region specific but that is pretty ******ed
    yeah, I changed my region from US to Australia and New Zealand, and both resulted in the loss of options under settings, backup, photos. Pretty lame. I can't imagine what the reasoning for that.
  23. StefEBear's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
    #23  
    What a silly thing to turn off for Australia/New Zealand. Nokia need to fix that on it's next little patch I think.
    Or is it Microsoft having something just for those spoilt Americans that get all the extra stuff that no one else gets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  24. drg
    drg is offline
    drg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    133 Posts
    #24  
    Just to confirm so there's no more posts about how to do it, I got mine from Harvey Norman, unlocked and I don't have the option either. So looks like a pathetic Australia (and by the sounds of it New Zealand) restriction. Wasn't the only reason i upgraded but was really looking forward to it because plan is to take the photo with the phone and then view it on my surface, but no point as resulotion is mud. i think we need to kick up a fuss about this because it's so lame for it to be just turned off for our region. what's up with that. will be speaking to sheeds to see if he can shed any light on it.
  25. drg
    drg is offline
    drg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    133 Posts
    #25  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. It wants to update an app i do not have?
    By jtzako in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2012, 06:50 PM
  2. why in america do you have to be 18 to develop video games?
    By geekmaster in forum The "Off Topic" Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 10:14 PM
  3. WP7 is not an option in Canada!?!
    By bradleyj in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 02:30 PM

Posting Permissions

B