Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

I wouldn't bee too hard on anyone that has tried to charge upside down. It's a bit of a design issue if that many people are doing it.

Anyone else have their phone freeze whilst charging it on the wireless charger?

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Yes mine will do it as well.

I've been talking with Nokia and MS over twitter and they advised to turn off Bluetooth and make sure no apps are running in the background when wireless charging. There should be an update released sometime this month to fix.
    Red Lumia 920
    Thanked by:

Mybee it's more battery drain then the charger can charge
    Have that issue running Spotify.on my crap phone.HTC XL and charging from my computer at work (but I get a alarm about it)

Soon I'm going to get me a 920

Skickat frn min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2

Yes, upside down won't work. Also, I noticed that if your battery or phone rather is on battery saver, the phone wouldn't charge (in that case I plug it into the regular plug). So, the wireless charging only works if the battery is around 10% or more left. My toothbrush does the same sometimes (it has wireless charging too). Oh yes, I did try charging my toothbrush on this flat pad and for a moment it flashed but no cigar...ha, had to try it.

Charger worked for four days then stopped working. Got replacement one hour ago, brought it home, and still doesn't charge phone. Concluded it was phone, and did soft reset (hold volume down + power button down for ten seconds). Still doesn't work. Was going to do hard reset, but don't wanna because I'm thinking that won't solve problem. Are there any other things I can try (testing, etc) before replacing phone? TIA for help here.

set instant response flag for this forum. Sorry for extraneous message.

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts
    I had to get a replacement because the inductive charging coil wasn't even connected... It was just kinda sitting in there.

Off the topic: I was told long ago that is it best in general to discharge battery fully before charging it again, with wireless charger constantly on and off, wouldn't it slowly make battery last less?

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanT1ne32 View Post
    Off the topic: I was told long ago that is it best in general to discharge battery fully before charging it again, with wireless charger constantly on and off, wouldn't it slowly make battery last less?
    The new batteries have no memory unit in them so are not sensitive to that in the same extend.

Skickat frn min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cooper View Post
    Charger worked for four days then stopped working. Got replacement one hour ago, brought it home, and still doesn't charge phone. Concluded it was phone, and did soft reset (hold volume down + power button down for ten seconds). Still doesn't work. Was going to do hard reset, but don't wanna because I'm thinking that won't solve problem. Are there any other things I can try (testing, etc) before replacing phone? TIA for help here.
    UPDATE: Went back to store and they agreed it was a PHONE problem. Within warranty, so AT&T is sending new phone. Should have next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Sharpe View Post
    My Lumia 820 previously worked fine on its wireless charger, but today it is refusing to charge. The LED comes on, and the charger can even cause the phone to boot, but it doesn't actually charge.

Have tried rebooting, and power cycling the charger.

Edit: Discovered why - one of the 4 pins that connects the phone to the backplate is stuck in and doesn't spring out, therefore isn't contacting the backplate properly.

Same, worked out how to unstick them?

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cooper View Post
    Sounds weird but slam the two together. When my doesn't charge I do this and you hear the bing and it starts charging.
    I have 3 wireless charging stands and two 920s. They work great, but the light never turns off when its fully charged.

Hey, btw, AT&T came out with PHONE UPDATE TODAY. Haven't tried wireless charger yet, but it supposedly fixed a number of problems, including the bluetooth issue.

UPDATE: 12/20/12 7:48 EST
    Did not fix wireless charger issue. My replacement phone should be here in a day or so.
    Last edited by Tony Cooper; 12-20-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Im having this issue now. iafter the grief i had with sending my first phone back though i might have to live with this.

How do i check the coil on the back? has anyone attempted a repair?

I got my wireless charger yesterday and was dubious last night that it wasn't charging the phone, as the light comes on but the phone doesn't change state or ping at me.
    Low and behold it hadn't charged at-all this morning.

After reading some threads I tried switching the phone off and placing it on the plate, and the phone reacted by switched back on, although it didn't make a difference to it not charging.

I'm putting my bets on a software issue, as I have a feeling there is software control (Or a chip between the coil and phone, and in 2012 you'd expect that to be control-able by software) to switch the wireless charging on and off? since the phone reacted to the plate I would assume the software is just not switching charging on although the hardware is talking fine.

Waiting for this software update before I make an decisions about hardware issues.

Just noticed if i turn the phone off and push down on the phone ever so slightly, The phone switches on and (i believe) begins to charge.

I removed the rubber ring what the phone sits on but this has had no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Lucas View Post
    I got my wireless charger yesterday and was dubious last night that it wasn't charging the phone, as the light comes on but the phone doesn't change state or ping at me.
    Low and behold it hadn't charged at-all this morning.

After reading some threads I tried switching the phone off and placing it on the plate, and the phone reacted by switched back on, although it didn't make a difference to it not charging.

I'm putting my bets on a software issue, as I have a feeling there is software control (Or a chip between the coil and phone, and in 2012 you'd expect that to be control-able by software) to switch the wireless charging on and off? since the phone reacted to the plate I would assume the software is just not switching charging on although the hardware is talking fine.

Waiting for this software update before I make an decisions about hardware issues.

There seems to be quite afew issues like this floating around, such as on the Nokia forums. Here's hoping it is a software issue...
    Same here. I can lay it pretty much anywhere on the pad and it charges. Does get a little warm though. I agree with joeaux, change it... again ;-)

Its a 2 week wait without a phone....

Quote Originally Posted by en0xusa View Post
    I have the same issue. the led never goes off but the phone is charged...
    before i replaced my phone the led was working fine and it turned off after the phone was charged... i guess it has to do with a phone?
    Same exact issue as mine. The led was working as well before I replaced my phone. Don't know what the deal with this.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Hicken View Post
    Just noticed if i turn the phone off and push down on the phone ever so slightly, The phone switches on and (i believe) begins to charge.

I removed the rubber ring what the phone sits on but this has had no effect.
    Sorry just caught this in your reply. What rubber ring are you talking about? If you have the regular plate charger the only rubber piece on mine is the one on the bottom of the charger to rest against your furniture etc. Do you have your's upside down?
    Red Lumia 920

Quote Originally Posted by Sinabu View Post
    Sorry just caught this in your reply. What rubber ring are you talking about? If you have the regular plate charger the only rubber piece on mine is the one on the bottom of the charger to rest against your furniture etc. Do you have your's upside down?
    I have one around the nokia sign....yours not have that then?

Ive lifted it out so you can see what im on about. This is the side the phone sits on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast