- 11-21-2012, 05:11 PM #1
Im looking into switching to ATT for Lumia 920 and because Verizon is killing group messaging on Windows phone. I want an individual plan with the 3GB DataPro package.
ATT rep tells me that if i go with 3gb Datapro plan I can't tether/internet share/ I need to use 5gb plan for that. But if i do that it's the same price as a family share plan.
His exact response: "Tethering generally cause heavy data usage and very often can cause overages. AT&T always wants to protect its customers against overages."
Does anyone know of workaround for this on Windows Phone?
I thought the FCC ruled that if customers are paying for limited data buckets, they can use it however they want to.
- 11-22-2012, 06:50 AM #4
That's what's upsetting. The 5gb datapro package on an individual phone plan allows tethering, but it essentially costs the same as the family plan for one person. I don't need 5gb, I only need 3. Heck, I only want tethering capability as a last resort for when I'm traveling. There is no reason why ATT cant offer tethering on the 3gb plan. I'm still paying for 3gb, isn't it my choice how I use it? They just want to force users into this $20-30 price increase they and Verizon have recently instituted. I thought this was precisely what the FCC said they can't do.
im an so upset with both biz and att right now. My plan is going from $85 to $110 per moth and I'm getting less service.
11-26-2012, 01:53 PM #6
- 346 Posts
I had my issues with Verizon, but even with them, I could tether. And I honestly only did it on a very low scale when I was out working and needed certain files from the internet/email.
- By GarethBaleIsEffingAwesome in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 90Last Post: 06-03-2013, 10:51 PM
- By Roy Keren in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 24Last Post: 03-28-2013, 04:11 PM
- By Landsharkk in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 11-14-2012, 02:52 PM
- By tissotti in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 8Last Post: 09-21-2012, 02:59 AM
- By napkatz in forum WPCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, HelpReplies: 4Last Post: 09-08-2012, 07:44 AM