Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    every background task off, except for CNN which crashes if you block it. Every location option on the phone off. 7 hour average.
    Quote Originally Posted by downhillrider View Post
    every background task off, except for CNN which crashes if you block it. Every location option on the phone off. 7 hour average.
    This is my screenshot I just took of my battery power a few mins ago.

wp_ss_20121121_0001.jpg

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    2 email accounts syncing every hour (Gmail and Live)
    Weather Channel live tile
    Bing lockscreen
    Nokia Drive blocked
    WiFi always on (even when I'm not near a hotspot)
    Auto brightness
    Bluetooth off
    Tap+Send off
    Location on
    Battery Saver on (when low)
    All backups off
    Phone updates on
    Feedback off
    High sensitivity touch off

I'm getting between 2-3 days of battery life.

Edit: Also forgot to mention, I get better battery life when I use my wireless charger. For whatever reason...

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Last week, not so good: It would be at 25% when I got home. Today, same usage, 74%.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    My battery log, copied over from another battery thread:

New user here, I was getting pretty poor life out of my 920 the first couple days I had it. But I've made some changes, first of all I just performed a hard reset on it and I've additionally shut off GPS for now. This is the first day since the fresh reset with a full charge. Here are my other relevant information:

Lumia 920 on Rogers LTE Network
    Apps allowed to run: Battery meter, AccuWeather
    Wifi On but not set to scan for networks
    Screen brightness normal, 1 min time out
    NFC and Bluetooth off
    Coverage: My work building has very poor reception (I'm there from 8:30 to 4 except for lunch), alternating between EDGE and 3G but often just one bar, this occurs to most phones in this part of the building so not the Lumia's fault. Outside of work I get at least 3 bars LTE everywhere else I go. And at my apartment I use my personal Wi-Fi to access the internet rather than the LTE.

I will now provide updates on my battery life and what kind of activities I performed on the device. This is currently in progress:

8AM off charger

20 mins music, 5 texts

10:30 - 100%

12 PM - 99%

A few texts

12:40 - 98%

40 mins music, 10 or so texts, 5 mins LTE browsing, pull a spreadsheet off Skydrive

1:45 - 92%

5 or 6 more texts, briefly messed around in Calendar and People.

2:50 - 89%

More texting

3:50 - 85%

25 mins music, 12 app updates on marketplace, couple texts

4:40 - 80%

45 mins music, another 12-15 texts, set some alarms, played with livetile setup, grabbed a couple more files off Skydrive

10PM - Bed 64%

5AM - Alarm woke me up - 54%

Normally I'd push that to keep testing but I had a couple important errands to run today so didn't want to chance having my phone die. So with my typical usage I'd say I should be able to get by with charging every second night if I chose.
    (still in progress) Hope this isn't too much detail or annoying.
    On average so far I can go 2-3 days between a charge if I'm pushing the battery. I've been reading up on how to keep the batteries lasting longer over time so I tend to keep it topped up and only really ever let the phone get as low as 30-40% at the lowest before I top it up again. Having said all that, the 920 outlasts my old phone by a long way.
    Banned

24 hours with 20% left at the end of the night and that's with games and lots of texting, some music played through bluetooth, internet browsing as well. I took my phone off charge and 2am this morning and have 72% left - 13h:25m remaining

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Mine isn't getting very good life, I exchanged my first 920 thinking something was wrong with the battery, I went to work from @ 11:00am and before my shift was over my battery completely died around 7pm. I'm not even allowed to use my phone at work, I had a convo for less than an hour during my lunch break and sent a few text messages. Thats it... only live tile i have is wpcentral, everything else is off, i uninstalled nokia drive thinking that would help but it didn't make much of a difference. when i got home to charge my phone it took about 30 minutes for it to even come back on im not sure whats going on but as of right now im on my 2nd Lumia 920 and im not happy with the battery life at all
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jen35 View Post
    Here's mine as of now

Location service on
    bluetooth off
    nfc off
    wifi off
    Nokia drive off
    2 gmail , both set to "as items arrive"
    1 outlook , set to sync every 30 mins
    backgrnd task - only Accuweather, all others are blocked
    Browsed for about 45 mins, sent couple of emails, about 20 mins on phone, downloaded couple of apps

Took out the phone with full charge around 8 am and now it's 4pm and has only 25 % :(

Turn off the background services for Accuweather and your location services and see what happens, just for the sake of science...
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdjward View Post
    I will now provide updates on my battery life and what kind of activities I performed on the device. This is currently in progress:

8AM off charger

20 mins music, 5 texts

10:30 - 100%

12 PM - 99%

A few texts

12:40 - 98%

40 mins music, 10 or so texts, 5 mins LTE browsing, pull a spreadsheet off Skydrive

1:45 - 92%

5 or 6 more texts, briefly messed around in Calendar and People.

2:50 - 89%

More texting

3:50 - 85%

25 mins music, 12 app updates on marketplace, couple texts

4:40 - 80%

45 mins music, another 12-15 texts, set some alarms, played with livetile setup, grabbed a couple more files off Skydrive

10PM - Bed 64%

5AM - Alarm woke me up - 54%

Normally I'd push that to keep testing but I had a couple important errands to run today so didn't want to chance having my phone die. So with my typical usage I'd say I should be able to get by with charging every second night if I chose.
    (still in progress) Hope this isn't too much detail or annoying.
    This is pretty much on point with my results.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    mine is 12 to 13 hours (with heavy use) i have a yellow one and i turned off my NFC and bluetooth
    70% of the time i'm texting.. 10% Camera and browsing pictures and other 20% (phone emails news youtube n i rarely play any games)

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    When I first got the phone, it seemed to be dying very quickly (<12 hours). I turned off the NFC functionality (not something I can use anyway) and blocked Nokia Drive Beta, which seemed to add a bit to the life. Following this I discharged it fully, making sure that when it turned itself off, it couldn't be restarted. I then charged it overnight and the result is stellar.

My general use is 1-2 hours of web use over 4G, 3G and Wi-Fi, limited use of the location and Bluetooth functionality (on all previous phones I've only ever turned these on when I need them so no change to my behaviour on this one) and bits and piece of Sports Tracker, Kindle, etc. Mail is set-up on Hotmail once per day (only because I needed it for my Microsoft stuff) and Gmail every hour.

The result is that I'm taking it off charge at roughly 5.30am and when going to bed at around 11pm, there's roughly 40% charge left. I'd be comfortable leaving it overnight. I've been very impressed with the effect of running it down and allowing the Battery monitoring software to reset itself. Seems to make a huge difference.

My battery on my Nokia Lumia 920 has been average - it's not terrible but it's not great.

Here's my settings:

Email: one downloading emails as they arrive
    Internet Sharing: off
    WiFi: on but not automatically searching
    Lock screen: Bing, 1 minute time out
    Tap+Send: off
    Battery saver: on under 20%
    Brightness: auto
    Background tasks turned on: battery tile, Nokia Reading, Weather - everything else blocked, including Nokia Drive+ Beta

Today I monitored the battery whilst at work - it seems to lose about 3% per hour when idle, that isn't too bad. All I did today was send a couple of texts, a few emails, add something to my calendar, look at a few web pages, look at the people app what's new for a minute or so and play a round of words with friends. After doing this and it being idle the rest of the time, after 10 hours it was down to 73%.

I think that's alright but then I was hardly using it ... I've noticed that whenever I do anything with the phone it starts draining the battery rapidly. I'd be concerned about using the phone on a long drive trying to use Nokia Drive or going somewhere and taking a lot of photos. Would it last? I'm not convinced!

The phone is stunning and I love the interface and features. I hope the battery life issue doesn't persist!

wp_ss_20121122_0001.jpg

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_brum2 View Post
    My battery on my Nokia Lumia 920 has been average - it's not terrible but it's not great.

Here's my settings:

Email: one downloading emails as they arrive
    Internet Sharing: off
    WiFi: on but not automatically searching
    Lock screen: Bing, 1 minute time out
    Tap+Send: off
    Battery saver: on under 20%
    Brightness: auto
    Background tasks turned on: battery tile, Nokia Reading, Weather - everything else blocked, including Nokia Drive+ Beta

Today I monitored the battery whilst at work - it seems to lose about 3% per hour when idle, that isn't too bad. All I did today was send a couple of texts, a few emails, add something to my calendar, look at a few web pages, look at the people app what's new for a minute or so and play a round of words with friends. After doing this and it being idle the rest of the time, after 10 hours it was down to 73%.

I think that's alright but then I was hardly using it ... I've noticed that whenever I do anything with the phone it starts draining the battery rapidly. I'd be concerned about using the phone on a long drive trying to use Nokia Drive or going somewhere and taking a lot of photos. Would it last? I'm not convinced!

The phone is stunning and I love the interface and features. I hope the battery life issue doesn't persist!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20121122_0001.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	23432

Seems like we're on the same boat. I just unplugged mine three hours ago, and used it to browse some pages and send some texts while using Nokia music. It's been idle for the most part, but still the battery has gone to 88%. Not a big deal, but definitely not amazing. I'll be testing the whole discharge thing tonight, and see if that makes any difference. There's too many odd fixes floating around right now, it's getting tough to keep testing each one individually xD

Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    This is my screenshot I just took of my battery power a few mins ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20121121_0001.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	23414
    Your experiences are kind of moot for most of the people having issues because you have no LTE I assume?

I got my Yellow Lumia 920 on Monday, and have charged it twice every day since. :( The time between charges is usually less than 12 hours. Very disappointing so far.

Today I am trying an experiment with some new settings:
    2 email accounts syncing every hour or 2
    1 email account using push as items arrive
    Weather Channel live tile
    Facebook lockscreen
    Nokia Drive blocked
    WiFi off
    Auto brightness
    Bluetooth off
    Tap+Send off
    Location on
    Battery Saver on (below 20%)
    All backups on
    Phone updates on
    Feedback on
    High sensitivity touch off
    Connect with Xbox off
    Connect with Xbox music on

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I really like my phone, but I'm on avg. at about 8 hours a charge. It stinks that we have to do so much work just to get our phones to work.

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    When I am at home, in Tucson AZ, I get great battery life with high usage. Can't seem to leave the phone alone. Lasts easily the whole day. HSPA+.
    However, I traveled to an area with LTE and that changed big time. I was getting about 6 to 8 hours then unless I turned off the data for the phone in settings.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Well I'm a happy camper, my phone's battery life was stellar today! Took it off the charger at six, and it's still chugging along twelve hours later with 54% battery life left! That's with moderate internet usage, probably a couple hours worth (including music streaming), and very light gaming, along with a couple of texts.

GPS off
    NFC off
    Wifi search off
    Brightness on LOW
    E-mail set to daily

I know a lot of folks here won't believe me when I say it, but discharging the battery does wonders. Obviously I'm not talking about draining the battery everyday, but if you just received the phone it helps a lot with the battery. Especially idle drain!!

This morning after playing about 20 minutes of music and using the Weave news reader for about 10 minutes, and the rest of the time being idle I checked my battery status and I was rather surprised to see it saying I had over 5 days left!

wp_ss_20121126_0001.jpg

Needless to say after a few minutes of using the phone it had dropped to a more reasonable level (it certainly doesn't last even that long either).

wp_ss_20121126_0002.jpg

Observations on battery life recently:

- 40 minutes of using Nokia Drive drained it by 22% (expected it to use a lot, and I can plug it into charge in my car whilst using it anyway)
    - 1 hour 15 minute phone call drained it by 12%

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muessig View Post
    On average so far I can go 2-3 days between a charge if I'm pushing the battery. I've been reading up on how to keep the batteries lasting longer over time so I tend to keep it topped up and only really ever let the phone get as low as 30-40% at the lowest before I top it up again. Having said all that, the 920 outlasts my old phone by a long way.
    they do get better over time but what your doing is going to give yours bad battery memory, you shuoldnt keep topping it off.. let it die down to 5-10% 1-2 times a week..

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    I think alot of people dont know that it takes a few days for batt life to get better and that from the start you need to condition the battery.. out of the box you should use the phone till it almost dies 5% or so.. then charge it fully, do this around 2 times a week.. if you do alot of short charges to "top it off" you gonna develop a bad battery memory..it could take a week or 2 before you start seeing better batt life..

heres a screenshot of mine last night, everything is pretty much default.. mild use mostly on wifi..
    66069_10151355537754388_340622313_n.jpg

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dramer77 View Post
    they do get better over time but what your doing is going to give yours bad battery memory, you shuoldnt keep topping it off.. let it die down to 5-10% 1-2 times a week..
    Sorry, but lithium ion batteries don't have any memory characteristics. I never let my 900 get below 25-30% before topping it off, and usually have it connected to a USB portable charger when it hits around 40-50%. If anything, battery life is probably better than it was in April. But that's because AT&T recently boosted up the LTE network in the Orlando area. So now I am draining about 2% per hour/idle instead of 3.5-4%, with everything on. Full discharges won't have any immediate negative effect on your battery, but may shorten the overall life. So if you plan to keep the phone for 2-3 years, not a good idea. But if it makes some feel better, go ahead and and do it.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    Just a quick addition. Sometimes after your phone is dead, it shuts off but you can turn it back on and continue playing with it...I'm currently listening to music on zero... >_>

Global Posts
    868 Global Posts
    my phone went from 100% to 96% from 5am to 11am, which is good. then after 30 min of wordament, some browsing, texting and emailing, i hit 32% by around 7pm. at 8Pm i found my phone dead, wouldnt power on as it drained completely. Disappointing as i turned off most of the "culprits" that were displayed. I refuse to turn battery saver on as i bought a SMARTPHONE not something that requires me to manually check my mail.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast