Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi there to you all!

I ve just had my lumia 920 yesterday. I downloaded much of reasonable programs from WP8 store. However i can not find whatsapp app. in store. Could anyone tell me if whatsapp is not in use for WP 8 or is this a problem with ma phone i am facing?

Appreciate for answers!
    Banned

It's there I use it every day. Lumia 920

EDIT: It has been taken off the WP Store for some reason
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyGitz View Post
    It's there I use it every day. Lumia 920

EDIT: It has been taken off the WP Store for some reason
    Yeah its perfectly fine!! i bought my phone and they've taken if off already! Gonna wait then, hope will relase asap, thanks for reply!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Ugh! I use whatsapp all the time, but I did a hard reset last night to try to improve battery... And now I can't download whatsapp. What terrible timing.

Also googled for a link to it, used it, and it says "this app is unavailable for your device."
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mammaldood View Post
    Ugh! I use whatsapp all the time, but I did a hard reset last night to try to improve battery... And now I can't download whatsapp. What terrible timing.

Also googled for a link to it, used it, and it says "this app is unavailable for your device."
    I read your post a hour ago. I also googled for a link and the same notification i faced with :) lol , just terrible timig. No thing to do, just we cut the bush sort and wait , lol
    Banned

I emailed whatsapp but they are on holiday for some stupid thing called Thanksgiving? I'm UK, we don't have that here
  7.    #7  
    I emailed whatsapp but they are on holiday for some stupid thing called Thanksgiving? I'm UK, we don't have that here
    Also posted m8 since they have thanksgiving holiday. Waiting for a reply after Monday.

As I mentioned in another thread you can install whatsapp by going into phone account on windowsphone.com and finding it in your purchase history. After that choose the reinstall option and make sure that you have push installation enabled under the "find my phone" settings. I am guessing they might be coming out with a new version soon but for now this is the best workaround I could find.
    Last edited by volk1332; 11-21-2012 at 10:06 AM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by volk1332 View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread you can install whatsapp by going into phone account on windowsphone.com and finding it in your purchase history. After that choose then reinstall option and make sure that you can push installation enabled under the "find my phone" settings. I am guessing they might be coming out with a new version soon but for now this is the best workaround I could find.
    I tried but i there is no whatsapp in my purchase history :(
    Banned

Mine is there, it says (pasted):
    WhatsApp
    Apps
    This app requires location services
    10/11/2012
    Purchase
    Your version of the Windows Phone software is not supported by this application
    hmmm thats strange, i downloaded whatsapp for free on monday night of this week and installed and am happily using it everyday since then. Lemme check the store again to see if its still there.

Mine is there but it says (pasted):
    WhatsApp
    Apps
    This app requires location services

10/11/2012
    Purchase
    Your version of the Windows Phone software is not supported by this application
    I guess they must have updated the online system. The method was working just yesterday evening after I did a hard reset and couldn't find it in the appstore. Pretty annoying move on their part considering how many people rely on the app...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by volk1332 View Post
    I guess they must have updated the online system. The method was working just yesterday evening. Pretty annoying move on their part considering how many people rely on the app...
    I think they are working on an update..
    Just checked the store, its been removed from the store, my whatsapp app which i downloaded on monday is working fine though. I have no idea why they removed it from the store.

I think a whatsapp representative responded in a different thread on the topic mentioning an update but that's hardly a reason for them to remove the previous version (that despite some problems was actually working fine). Since you can't really switch to a different service they are just stranding a lot of their users.

For what it's worth, I am pretty sure Whatsapp is what has been causing my Lumia920 to lock-up randomly. I've been working with NokiaSupport to figure out what app was causing me (and many others) random lockup problems. I narrowed it down to a factory-hardreset phone with only Google+Microsoft accounts setup and only Whatsapp app installed. It locked up within 23hrs. Uninstalled Whatsapp and running another trial and so far no lockups (too early to tell though - only 16hrs into this trial). Is it a coincidence that Whatsapp is suddenly off the marketplace now and is being revised?

There have also been comments on another thread claiming WhatsApp may have affected battery life.

Makes sense that it is pulled from a PR point of view to make sure customers aren't returning the phones without realizing it's a software glitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by timriley View Post
    For what it's worth, I am pretty sure Whatsapp is what has been causing my Lumia920 to lock-up randomly. I've been working with NokiaSupport to figure out what app was causing me (and many others) random lockup problems. I narrowed it down to a factory-hardreset phone with only Google+Microsoft accounts setup and only Whatsapp app installed. It locked up within 23hrs. Uninstalled Whatsapp and running another trial and so far no lockups (too early to tell though - only 16hrs into this trial). Is it a coincidence that Whatsapp is suddenly off the marketplace now and is being revised?
    I have been running whatsapp on my 920 since Monday with no locks ups.
  19.    #19  
    Hey guys i got a reply from whatsapp official support page! wanna share with you all,

Max, Nov 21 11:15 (PST):
    Hi,

Thanks for your message. Sorry, WhatsApp is not fully supported on Windows Phone 8 and we cannot comment on future timelines.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

Best / Saludos,
    Max

That means we are waiting until they release WhatsApp

D*mn it - even with Whatsapp uninstalled, my phone locked up after 16hours again :( I have no extra apps installed and all I have are accounts setup with Google (Calendar/mail), Microsoft, and Facebook (account, not the app). I've uninstalled Google accountsnow, but not sure what else to do :( I'm worried this isn't just a software issue now. I have a Rogers phone (though unlocked by them)

Quote Originally Posted by timriley View Post

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Anyone that wants Whatsapp, go to IE on your L920 and go to official Whatsapp site then go to download it will redirect you to the Marketplace and you will be able to download Whatsapp!

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafiatounes View Post
    Anyone that wants Whatsapp, go to IE on your L920 and go to official Whatsapp site then go to download it will redirect you to the Marketplace and you will be able to download Whatsapp!

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
    Doesn't work for me.

You can still download it, visit this site on your phone: WhatsApp Messenger (Windows Phone) download for Windows Phone 7 - Softpedia

Only issue with it is it is clearly an outdated version from Windows Phone 7.5, which is probably why it was taken off the marketplace. They will very likely release one that is optimized for WP8, but until then, this works just fine, I downloaded it today.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
  24.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ninnnnnja View Post
    You can still download it, visit this site on your phone: WhatsApp Messenger (Windows Phone) download for Windows Phone 7 - Softpedia

Only issue with it is it is clearly an outdated version from Windows Phone 7.5, which is probably why it was taken off the marketplace. They will very likely release one that is optimized for WP8, but until then, this works just fine, I downloaded it today.
    Yeah, you are the man ! thanks dude
    That's not unusual.

I needed to contact a supplier of the company where I worked once. The supplier was in Germany. They had a two week holiday for Christmas. We only get a holiday on Christmas Day here in the US.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast