11-21-2012, 05:34 AM #1
- 19 Posts
I am using an HTC HD7S that I bought back in August 2011 from AT&T. Since then, I've been paying $10 a month for their phone insurance that would allow me a replacement device for a deductible. Can someone from AT&T tell me the chances that they'd replace my HD7S with a 920 since my phone was EOL a while ago and its likely out of stock?
- 11-21-2012, 07:57 AM #2
You are likely to get a re-furbed HD7.. Considering that you are paying 10 a month already, you might just buy a dumb phone off ebay, add a line 9$ a month, use the upgrade from the newly added line for your primary line, get Lumia 920 for 49.99 on Friday this week :) - Insurance claim will cost you 50$ anyway you can cancel the 9$ line in Aug 2013 or pay the prorated ETF (20 a month a think)
(I don't work at ATT) just my thoughts from past experience.
11-21-2012, 08:06 AM #3
- 1,376 Posts
Why don't you just call them up and ask for an early upgrade to the 920. They will probably give it to you without the early upgrade fee. AT&T seems very motivated to move these devices. Beats intentionally damaging your phone. I'm sure they are trained to spot that kind of thing. It basically equals insurance fraud.
11-21-2012, 03:27 PM #4
- 19 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions Ebaneeezor and gsquared. Ebaneeezor's suggestion is a lot more work than I'm willing to do, I might do as gsquared suggested and just ask for an early upgrade. The only downside to this method would be 2 more years added to my contact. The price for a 920 is $100 less than my insurance deductible anyway.
- By almard in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 11-19-2012, 05:13 AM
- By almard in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 11-19-2012, 12:22 AM
- By BrownxGoblin in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 25Last Post: 11-17-2012, 08:22 PM
- By phirefly in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 10Last Post: 11-06-2012, 01:29 PM
- By SoloXCRacer in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 8Last Post: 10-04-2012, 11:15 PM