Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    My buddy with a 920 sent me a few messages, and once in a while it would send double messages.

Only his 920.

Today a buddy says that I keep sending his Iphone double text messages. (I have a 920).

I have to assume there is a 920 bug or Windows Phone 8 bug where text messages are being sent out twice.

Can anyone confirm this happens to them as well. (I am on AT&T).

Thanks

On a side note - I saw my first Lumia 920 in someone's hands today at the mall that wasn't anybody I knew. I smiled.

Global Posts
    2,353 Global Posts
    What color 920 did the other person have? Just curious.

I haven't experienced any double text messages, sending/receiving to android and iOS. I don't know anone else with a Lumia right now so I can't test that.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    The person in the mall? White.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    No double messages here, text or otherwise.

Your friend on AT&T as well?

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    i'm guessing it's a carrier/coverage problem. i've never had double messages with my lumia 920 or any other device i've had on at&t, however, i regularly had issues (as did my wife and most of my friends) with VZW devices.

Global Posts
    2,353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m0unds View Post
    i'm guessing it's a carrier/coverage problem. i've never had double messages with my lumia 920 or any other device i've had on at&t, however, i regularly had issues (as did my wife and most of my friends) with VZW devices.
    Good call. I do remember having this issue a few years ago with Verizon. It was what you said: poor coverage led to double text messages.

This happened to me however it was Facebook messages....for every one that was sent to me by a buddy I received two on my phone....not sure what happened, but it fixed itself eventually
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,780 Global Posts
    I've seen the issue on both my 900 & now my 920... It's only every once in a while, but I think it is more of a carrier issue...

Just so happened, a text to a friend (not something they wanted to hear) went through 2x and said friend replied snidely that that they got the text the first time. Anyhow, went round with him asking how often he gets 2x texts from me and he said not very often... Grilled him a little more and he said he sometimes gets double texts from everyone, be it android, WP or other... Only people he doesn't get 2x from are other iPhone users, I assume because ios to ios uses imessage instead of actual SMS.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

Only time I've had double messages is when carrier reception was spotty.. and that was on my Lumia 800.

My wife just commented that her phone (iPhone 4s) was occasionally receiving my messages twice since I've switched to the Lumia 920, however I also think that this is carrier-related and SMS. I have a friend on Sprint using an Android phone and I frequently receive double message from her.
    I have a yellow 920 and when I text a friend on Verizon, she has been getting the messages twice. This didn't happen when I was on my Focus. I'm on AT&T.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have a cyan Lumia 920 on AT&T and my wife has been saying she gets double texts from me on her S3 as well.

Happens to me a lot since i got the 920.

I'm having this problem too. People are saying my texts are being sent twice. Does anyone know of there's a fix for it?

I'm on AT&T and my friend told me a couple days ago that I was sending him doubles occasionally.

Same issue for me as well..
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I think this is carrier and phone related.

My 2 pennies.

I have the EXACT same sim card which I had in my Galaxy Nexus and never had this issue until trimming it down and putting it in the 920
    I often get the failed message when the phone is connected to WiFi as well as data.

I honestly don't know what to make of it at the moment..
    Regards
    SpencerUk

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    It's not limited to the 920/wp8. I text a lot with someone on a 900 and we both receive duplicate messages on occasion. I used to get dropped messages on Verizon.... I'll take the problem of duplicates over dropped messages any day of the week!

It's a carrier/coverage issue. Happens all the time with friends I know with Android SG3, iPhone 4,4s,5, and WP7. Doesn't matter if it's T-Mobile, AT&T, or Verizon.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Then forgive me for being Naive then it has to be a Windows Phone bug. I didn't have this issue on WebOS or Android with the same sim card. Coverage hasn't changed in my area and I'm on the same network. Literally the only thing thats changed for me is the phone :/
    Regards
    SpencerUk

My wife have a Iphone 4s and sometime she send me a double text messages. I am using the NL900, I thought that there is something wrong with her phone. So I believe it a carier issue.

Global Posts
    7,951 Global Posts
    I didn't have this issue on my Lumia 900. I currently use the same SIM card, with the same plan, in the same locations, using my Lumia 920. I'm told constantly that my messages are sending twice. I suspect there really is something not quite working perfectly in Windows Phone 8.

Got this issue on HTC 8S. On UK Orange network. Two other phones in house (1 Android and 1 old Nokia) on same network don't do it. According to network activity log multiple messages are sent. Feels like shorter the message, the more repeats. Often 5 duplicates. Once had as many as 8. Texting another number stops it - but can send multiple copies to that instead.

Definitely appears to be associated with Windows Phone 8 - even if network conditions can influence the occurance.

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    920 on AT&T here and I have not recieved any complaints of double txts.

Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts
    Its carrier. My house and neighborhood has terrible coverage. Happens on all phones all different operating systems (ios, wp8, wp7, blackberry, android, even dumbphones) only when coverage is poor.
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast