- 02-04-2013, 06:23 PM #26
Sorry folks, but it really isn't the carrier in my case
I cycled between my BB 9900 / Lumia 920 with my micro sim all the time. Same carrier, same sim. And both phones get a full 5 bars, both on H+/3G (not LTE which has crap coverage).
Blackberry never sent a message twice
Lumia sent messages twice very, VERY frequently.
I have no idea what it is. I also cycled through three phones (as i had other FCC and body creaking problems) and all of them did the same thing. Pretty annoying when you're typing a larger text and your recipient receives a freaking essay!
- 02-05-2013, 04:05 AM #27
I've had this issue with WP7 and WP8.
I think I eventually figured it out, the person sending me messages was opening the messaging tab, sending a message and pressing Windows button to home screen, then opening a new messages tab when sending the next message.
Then later on she noticed she had like 20 instances of the messaging tab. . . and I had roughly 20 identical messages.
03-28-2013, 02:29 PM #29
- 16 Posts
Spoke to an ATT rep and she said this is a known issue with the Lumia 920's. Apparently the phone sends a the text message a second time if the signal strength is poor. I've had a ticket open with support for over a month now and this is an ongoing issue. Hope this gets fixed soon.
- By Commander Data in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 20Last Post: 10-18-2013, 07:10 AM
- By PaulSancheezzee in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 11-15-2012, 09:44 AM
- By frageelay in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 11-14-2012, 08:29 PM
- By mammaldood in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 11-12-2012, 08:33 PM
- By nixican in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 11-09-2012, 03:28 PM