Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Sorry folks, but it really isn't the carrier in my case

I cycled between my BB 9900 / Lumia 920 with my micro sim all the time. Same carrier, same sim. And both phones get a full 5 bars, both on H+/3G (not LTE which has crap coverage).
    Blackberry never sent a message twice
    Lumia sent messages twice very, VERY frequently.

I have no idea what it is. I also cycled through three phones (as i had other FCC and body creaking problems) and all of them did the same thing. Pretty annoying when you're typing a larger text and your recipient receives a freaking essay!
    pazces84 likes this.

I've had this issue with WP7 and WP8.

I think I eventually figured it out, the person sending me messages was opening the messaging tab, sending a message and pressing Windows button to home screen, then opening a new messages tab when sending the next message.

Then later on she noticed she had like 20 instances of the messaging tab. . . and I had roughly 20 identical messages.

I have the same issue with my new 920 on Rogers, never experienced it with other phones.
    Multiple messaging app instances theory actually makes sense, I'll try to avoid that in future.

Spoke to an ATT rep and she said this is a known issue with the Lumia 920's. Apparently the phone sends a the text message a second time if the signal strength is poor. I've had a ticket open with support for over a month now and this is an ongoing issue. Hope this gets fixed soon.

what seems to be the problem for me is the wifi. select the wifi always on when screen is locked to off. seems to have fixed it for me. and or turn wifi off works as well. but sucks due to eating up your data.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12