Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Frustrated I've tried about every weather app and none of them have working live tiles. Not sure if this is a Lumia or WP8 issue. I don;t remember this issue on my WP7 phone. Even weather apps with configurable live tiles and selectable update schedules never update the weather.

Does anyone have a confirmed weather app where live tiles update the weather without any intervention?
    My preinstalled weather channel app updates. Seems to be limited to half hour updates though, which is pretty reasonable. That's basically what other devices and OS I have used are limited to.

That said, I have heard other complaints regarding weather tiles. You are not alone.

Microsoft's Weather app works great. No problem with Live Tile updates

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Weather Flow always updates its tile for me.

Weather Master works.

Weather Channel app works
    Microsoft Weather works
    Weather View works

The only one that DOESN'T work that I know of is Amazing Weather...
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Weather Channel works for me, so does Weather View.

I've tried Weather Channel app, Accuview and a couple of more with no luck, I'll try some of the other suggestions here
    I second the MS app. It's not nearly as robust/feature rich as many of the other apps, but the live tile updates regularly and its easy to glance at the tile for temperature and conditions. I have a separate weather radar app installed for when rainy season comes back around.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    The weather channel app stopped working for me after its last update--oh well, I didn't like the ads anyway. Weather Flow is great.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Weatherbug is one of the apps that I miss from Android. Yes, its on Windows Phone as well but the difference between the two apps is night and day. I paid for the premium version to remove ads and support development, and I loved the accuracy and the solid radar map. I would put down a couple of dollars for an add-free version of Weatherbug that was just as feature rich as the Android version but done with the metro style.

I really like Weather View from PDC Sweden, works nice with Live Tile on my 920.

No issues with Weather View here

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    How about a weather app that works on the lock screen? Anything yet?

Amazing weather updates consistently for me.

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjunk30 View Post
    Same. Works great.

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjunk30 View Post
    Another vote for amazing weather.
    Developer

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    AccuWeather also updates

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    You are pinning the livetile to the home screen, right? Swiping over to the apps and holding on the app icon to pin it will not give you live updates. Most weather apps have a "pin" button when you have the app open and running.

Most "metro" style weather apps are really weak on the information side of things. The stock weatherchannel app, as fugly as it is, is the only one I like.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    The german App "Weatherpro" works great and was by the way the most precise weather app for iOS!

Global Posts
    3,817 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    All the weather apps I've tried so far won't give me the weather of wherever I am. They seem to bookmark my location on a list (in Nokia's weather app and MS's too). On android no matter where you are the weather widget will tell you where you are and what the local weather is for that location. I can't find one in WP8 that does this - they will tell me my default (home) location's weather unless I manually add wherever I am to the list of weather locations. Am I doing something wrong or could someone point me in the direction of a good app for this?

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muessig View Post
    All the weather apps I've tried so far won't give me the weather of wherever I am. They seem to bookmark my location on a list (in Nokia's weather app and MS's too). On android no matter where you are the weather widget will tell you where you are and what the local weather is for that location. I can't find one in WP8 that does this - they will tell me my default (home) location's weather unless I manually add wherever I am to the list of weather locations. Am I doing something wrong or could someone point me in the direction of a good app for this?
    I use WeatherMaster & you can set it up to use your present location or add a location. I find it accurate for my locations in the UK. I used Weather Pro a while back but didn't think it was all that good.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weepatc View Post
    I use WeatherMaster & you can set it up to use your present location or add a location. I find it accurate for my locations in the UK. I used Weather Pro a while back but didn't think it was all that good.
    Do you confirm that the live tile changes locations as you do, city/area to city/area, without opening the app? I think that is what Muessig is wanting...

Global Posts
    3,817 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Yeah I'd like the live tile to change location as I do ideally. Even entering the app any app I've tried so far still only displays my current location. I like the way the Nokia variant live tile works but the way it sticks to the default location is a pain.

EDIT: Seems you have to pay for Weather Master - is there not a free weather app that will give me information on my current location? Do I really have to pay for an app to get this functionality?

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muessig View Post
    Yeah I'd like the live tile to change location as I do ideally. Even entering the app any app I've tried so far still only displays my current location. I like the way the Nokia variant live tile works but the way it sticks to the default location is a pain.

EDIT: Seems you have to pay for Weather Master - is there not a free weather app that will give me information on my current location? Do I really have to pay for an app to get this functionality?
    There is a trial...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast