Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    OP saved me $50. Let's thank the **** out of him.
    Thanked by:
    n3rfh3rd3r likes this.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Rep told me that it only applies if I purchased it in a Company owned store. I ordered mine online.

Online from AT&T? Don't they own that store?

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Got the credit via online chat, and then some, since I complained about my first bill being $150(!!!) so he credited me an extra $50 (includes a waived activation fee). Feels good man.

Guy still couldn't find any information on my wireless charging pad order though :/

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caikems View Post
    Online from AT&T? Don't they own that store?
    I don't know. The deal is for a company owned retail locations, but I guess that excludes an online order, even though that is a retailer located on the internet. Ah well, would have been nice.

On the plus side, my wireless charger finally shipped!

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    After calls to 3 separate reps I finally got my credit. Sheesh!

Ugh. Three different chat reps- two live chat and one phone- and no luck. The phone rep claimed that the ad was actually from Microsoft and wasn't official. The last live chat rep claims that the email isn't "verified" and isn't an "official at&t offer."

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Got my credit but took 2 chat sessions and 3 phone calls to CS until I found someone who would give me the credit

I am getting nowhere at all on chat...3 tries and no dice. I don't see how it was so easy for you guys.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I was told absolutely not on the price match. Didn't get lucky for the Walmart deal and didn't get lucky on this one either. I have seven lines with AT&T.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Don't let AT&T tell you they can't do the $50 credit on your account. I spoke to a rep who said they do not give credits for hardware price changes - he instead offered me a $20 credit. I politely said, "That is incorrect, I know plenty of people who were given the $50 discount today and I would like to remain an AT&T customer rather than go to another carrier." He put me on hold for a few minutes and came back with the $50 credit on my bill. Side note, when I initially ordered my Lumia 920 over the phone the rep wouldn't give me a free Wireless Charging Pad. The guy I spoke to on the phone today wouldn't give me the pad either saying it was an online promotion only, but I called back immediately when we hung up and another rep is sending it to me with 2 day shipping for free.

Bottomline: Don't hang up without getting what you want.

Keep trying. You just have to get the right rep.
    I got mine on the first try and mentioned the following on the "what can we help you with today:" before you enter a live chat session:

"I purchased a Lumia 920 on launch day. Apparently, there is a new Black Friday sale going on and I'd like to be credited the difference. I'm still in my 14-day return period as well."
    Her first message to me was : I'd be happy to give you the credit for this sale.

(California, bought direct from AT&T store on launch day)

Quote Originally Posted by Dession View Post
    Don't let AT&T tell you they can't do the $50 credit on your account. I spoke to a rep who said they do not give credits for hardware price changes - he instead offered me a $20 credit. I politely said, "That is incorrect, I know plenty of people who were given the $50 discount today and I would like to remain an AT&T customer rather than go to another carrier." He put me on hold for a few minutes and came back with the $50 credit on my bill. Side note, when I initially ordered my Lumia 920 over the phone the rep wouldn't give me a free Wireless Charging Pad. The guy I spoke to on the phone today wouldn't give me the pad either saying it was an online promotion only, but I called back immediately when we hung up and another rep is sending it to me with 2 day shipping for free.

Bottomline: Don't hang up without getting what you want.
    I had two reps say they were shipping me a wireless charger with 2 day shipping and I still come up empty handed. I was never sent an email notification too
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigJMoney View Post
    After calls to 3 separate reps I finally got my credit. Sheesh!
    Representin' the STL.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I wonder if I'm going to get the infamous PITA field on my customer record checked with AT&T now.

I got $160 in credits because of this phone. I wonder if I can get another $50 to pay off a whole months bill 😂

I got mine first try as well. I had purchased two upgrades so they credited my account twice. The CSR was very helpful and was a smooth phone call.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DKDogz54 View Post
    I had two reps say they were shipping me a wireless charger with 2 day shipping and I still come up empty handed. I was never sent an email notification too
    Hmm very strange. I recieved an e-mail and text confirmation before I even hung up the phone with AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by Dession View Post
    Hmm very strange. I recieved an e-mail and text confirmation before I even hung up the phone with AT&T.
    I'll probably call them again today about this and actually make sure an email is sent before I hang up. Thanks!

hmm.. worked for me on the first try. I said i read that at&t was price matching for those who bought the phone early. Said the phone being on sale, even if it is black friday is ridiculous considering it has only been out for a week. Kinda gave my story that i ordered my phone on the 7th, and got it on the 16th and was still waiting for my wireless charging pad. She gave me a $50 to my account for my next bill. No hassle, no fuss, for those who aren't having any luck, keep trying. You probably just need to get the right rep =)
    Developer

They made me call customer service because of work, I am listed as an Enterprise Customer, but in the end, it was easy enough to get the credit on my bill. :D

Thanks all!
    Talderon
    [HR][/HR]
    Device: Black Nokia Lumia 1520 (32GB Edition)
    Network: AT&T (LTE)

I called up an ATT owned retail store and asked if they would honor the blackfriday price early, but it did not work. Anyone tried this option. I want to make sure I get the color I want now rather than come back with empty hands on blackfriday.

;) HELLZYEAH BABY!!
    1st question involving where my charging plate is..
    ATT is trying to replenish both our device and charge plate stock in all colors and will provide new delivery dates as quickly as possible to all customers awaiting delivery.
    BLACK FRIDAY DEAL..
    You: http://ebm.e.att-mail.com/c/tag/hBQq...i76jH/doc.html Here is the link
    to the 50$ credit per phone which is my 1st question..Instead of returning the ones i got a credit for 3 would
    be sufficient...

Kimberly Comeau: For confirmation of what we have discussed today, you can email or print the chat (link in the corner). Your time is very valuable and I want to ensure all of your questions and concerns are addressed to save you time from having to contact us back again in the near future. Is there anything else I can assist you with today

Kimberly Comeau: Your balance on the account is now $90.92.
    Worked..without a hitch..oh well thanks a $$$$$$$$$

Cool....Thanks to this thread...i just got a credit of $55.45 on my account for my next bill

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Called ATT last week about free charging pad - order was placed but didn't get a email. Called them today to check on it and they told me its still on back order and will ship soon as they get stock. Asked a few times for something more specific but said they dont really know when exactly. (happy I bought one on ebay and got that over a week ago)

Did a live chat with ATT regarding the price match today - the rep was very helpful and gave me $50 credit right away.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast