Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I did this a week or 2 ago when walmart.com had it for $49.99. I was able to get a $50 credit then. Wondering if I should try my luck for another $50, lol...

I just got 58.97 credit!
    n3rfh3rd3r likes this.

I got denied. Was told I need to go into the store to get the credit and bring my orignal reciept. I challenged nicely and said I am a long time customer--its hard for me to believe I am forced to go to the store and be inconvienced. I will try the online chat again and see what happens. My rep even went as far as calling the retail store and bringing the manger on the phone line with me.

With all the hassle they put everyone through it probably cost att more than 50 dollars... and I am still left being an unhappy customer required to go to the store on black friday. lol

Quote Originally Posted by tehkei View Post
    I went to online chat, explained the situation and provided the link to the special, she gave me 2 options, to return the device or to get a credit on my current bill. I picked the credit. She took care if it. im very happy :) now i gotta go to the store and see if i can order my charging pad.

I got the same 2 options but over the phone. I chose the credit of course ($100 because I bought two 920's).

As a tip, just kindly remind them that you are within the 14 day return period. They would rather give you the credit than have to go thru the dilemma of exchanging/sending phones back etc...

Worked like a charm for me! chatted online with a guy and he gave me $58.65 credit
    Thanks for advice!

PS: I told him that I want to return the phone and get a cheap one. He tried to convince me that I would have to pay 36$ re-stocking fee so giving me a credit would be best...

Got mine, just chatted with rep and told them what the situation was. Had no problems, I had just purchased the phone at an AT&T store 4 days ago though. Good Luck.

Confirmed. Worked for me. Thanks for this! :)

just got off the phone with mike, he didnt know what the sale price was but still hookecd it up. called 611 like the poster said. $56

Quote Originally Posted by sasha055 View Post
    Worked like a charm for me! chatted online with a guy and he gave me $58.65 credit
    Thanks for advice!

PS: I told him that I want to return the phone and get a cheap one. He tried to convince me that I would have to pay 36$ re-stocking fee so giving me a credit would be best...

Yes, the guy I spoke to told me the same thing. The credit is money in your pocket when your next bill comes so it's all good. My total credit was $110 and change (two 920's) so it seems that they are calculating other stuff. Can't complain.

My rep said that I need to go to the store and bring my receipt for the $50 refund. I just called the woman that sold me the phone. She is verifying and will get back to me. Will report back.

Like I said before, my chat rep was Betty Joseph.
    Previous Portable Windows Devices: Compaq iPAQ 3630, HP iPAQ 4700, HTC Tilt, Samsung Focus

I'm guessing no one has had success with an off-contract purchase, since this is a 2-year contract deal?

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Just spoke with at&t and they happily gave me a credit of $54.97. No muss, no fuss.
    I also received a credit (through Chat). Unfortunately I closed my window and all I remember was her first name (Jennifer). I didn't have to work any voodoo magic. As everyone else who gets the credit has said, just be patient, polite and try someone else if they are unwilling. The first rep wanted me to return to the location.

Second rep I spoke to, I made sure to include that I purchaed the phone at an AT&T owned Corporate location (not an authorized retailer). She gave me the credit, and I just checked my account to confirm. Thank you very much OP for the information!

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    It was quick and easy for me

credit.jpg
    I just spoke with them and got credited something like $59. For those still trying, when I got in, I immediately said that there is a promotion and others are being credited, and I was wondering if I could be extended the same courtesy. I linked the promotion and the person asked her supervisor before telling me she could do it.

So, my advice is that you immediately say that there is a promotion and others are getting credited the difference and that you would like to know (don't demand, be polite) if you could be credited as well.

Realize people it's not just the $50.00 credit, but also the taxes that you paid extra..so depending on where you live, its about $52 to $56 (give or take)

I recieved a $50 credit as well using the chat interface. It took only a few moments. Thank you for the great tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    I just spoke with them and got credited something like $59. For those still trying, when I got in, I immediately said that there is a promotion and others are being credited, and I was wondering if I could be extended the same courtesy. I linked the promotion and the person asked her supervisor before telling me she could do it.

So, my advice is that you immediately say that there is a promotion and others are getting credited the difference and that you would like to know (don't demand, be polite) if you could be credited as well.
    thats what I did, the dude had no idea about about the promotion and still credited me. he sounded like a stoner
    n3rfh3rd3r likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sabotagebx View Post
    he sounded like a stoner
    Now that's funny.

Got shot down over the phone (which is bizarre), trying the chat interface now.

Chat worked great, thanks for the heads up!
    Last edited by vedichymn; 11-20-2012 at 12:21 PM.

I got a flat no on the phone. Then I tried chat and after a long wait while they looked into it they told me I had to go to the retail store where I bought it to request a refund.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I was on chat for 45 minutes, but I was able to take advantage of the offer. Immediate $50 credit!

Global Posts
    1,256 Global Posts
    Called ATT, Spent 15 mins to get an approval from her manager, and she gave me $59 (she had no idea about the promotion)
    It worked for me on CHAT. I was able to just ask for the credit and I got it for both phones. $116.92

Just tried chat again, and got "Judy Richardson" who credited me $100 for the two 920s I ordered. Keep trying people!
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast