Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    That doesn't make sense because you can just return it, and get ti again for 50 bucks less. Did you try explaining it from that point of view?

Just keep calling until you find a rep that will give you the credit.
    Sure did, but her reply was....you can return it but you'll have to wait 2-3 weeks for another because they're all out of stock. No help
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    That doesn't make sense because you can just return it, and get ti again for 50 bucks less. Did you try explaining it from that point of view?

Just keep calling until you find a rep that will give you the credit.
    That's why I just did the online chat option. Sometimes calling into Customer Service is like pulling teeth. As I suspected when I posted this, not all of the reps are going to be aware of the promotion and since it doesn't start until Friday the 23rd there may be some out into giving you the credit now versus two days from now. Once again, your mileage may vary. Don't argue the point with the AT&T rep, they only do what they are told.

For those that have had success with the chat interface - which 'department' did you link up with to get this done? I keep getting folks that 'don't have access' to my account even though I've been required to give them at least the last four digits of the SSN on that account...
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    I logged in and went to the contact us page, chose chat option, then selected billing and payments dept.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whoaty55 View Post
    Sure did, but her reply was....you can return it but you'll have to wait 2-3 weeks for another because they're all out of stock. No help
    Oh, so they are holding stock until this Friday to help with the demand. Yeah, you aren't waiting 2-3 weeks, more like 72 hours. Your counter to her counter could have been...

OK, so I could still go to an AT&T store and add another line to my account and purchase the Lumia 920 (again) and get it for $49.99 on a two-year with the wireless charging plate. That same day I can return my previously purchased device since I'm within the 14-day exchange window, effectively getting the price correction credit I should have been entitled to.

Quote Originally Posted by ncxcstud View Post
    For those that have had success with the chat interface - which 'department' did you link up with to get this done? I keep getting folks that 'don't have access' to my account even though I've been required to give them at least the last four digits of the SSN on that account...
    I recommend you call. The chat thing was a pain in the ****. I went through two reps before I got frustrated and called. The lady I got on the phone fixed it in 5 mins. I didn't even have to provide the link. She told me within a few mins that the call would end with a smile on my face. Also she said that by federal law now you may request an operator that's native language is english. (I think that helped that she knew what I was trying to do as opposed to it getting lost in translation when you have a foreign operator.) Hope this helps you.

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I did the online chat, $50 credit to my account. Earlier I had to call to get my charging plate they offered for free, although it's on back order. This is one heck of a deal for this phone.
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ace182 View Post
    Also she said that by federal law now you may request an operator that's native language is english. (I think that helped that she knew what I was trying to do as opposed to it getting lost in translation when you have a foreign operator.) Hope this helps you.
    I'm not going to jump on English-only band wagon calling into Customer Service. Some of the best reps I've dealt with spoke English as a second language and provided me with service and support second to none. I will, however, say that women tend to offer me better Customer Service than men.

i just got of chat with them. They told me that i have to bring my phone to the ATT store where i bought them for credit. strange but will do, anything to get $50. lol

I went to online chat, explained the situation and provided the link to the special, she gave me 2 options, to return the device or to get a credit on my current bill. I picked the credit. She took care if it. im very happy :) now i gotta go to the store and see if i can order my charging pad.

Quote Originally Posted by wamsille View Post
    I will, however, say that women tend to offer me better Customer Service than men.
    Absolutely true. And not surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncxcstud View Post
    I do notice that the deal is only valid for certain states only.. Arizona, Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming... Which is weird that it (according to that email) is only for the Pacific Time Zone...

I'll just try again and talk to another person...
    I'm in Florida and got my credit with no questions asked.
    Thanked by:
    WPenvy 

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    For those having trouble getting the $50, just call and ask to speak to a supervisor. If not, just be pushy and slightly upset.

I recently got on chat with AT&T because apparently I was paying for insurance on my line for 9 months. After 5 minutes of me being frustrated and slightly rude, they immediately reimbursed my 9-months worth of cash.

I understand why some people won't get it --- they're trying to drive sales of the undecided voters to come over to the Nokia. This is good and hopefully gets people on the Lumia. Here is a short piece of the chat I had:
    __
    Maria: I was browsing at the order details you paid $99.99 for that correct? the link that you have provided to me has an offer of $49.99 from 11/23-11/25 in the Company-owned-retail locations.
    Guppy: That is correct
    Maria: The offer hasn't started and this is on a limited stock at a limited time. I understand you will not be able to take advantage of it.
    Guppy: Alright
    Guppy: I figured I would check anyways
    Maria: Here's what I am going to do, you are a valued customer of AT&T, I will go ahead and give you a one time adjustment of $30.00 on your wireless account.
    __

Super helpful and she spent ~7 minutes looking for the deal since their browsers are blocked from visiting the link I gave her. I didn't get the full credit but I got more than I expected. Best service so far.
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erzhik View Post
    For those having trouble getting the $50, just call and ask to speak to a supervisor. If not, just be pushy and slightly upset.
    To be honest you can accomplish the same task without being pushy or a little upset. AT&T lowered the price of the phone within 30 days of releasing it and within the 14 days of the return period. AT&T isn't going to advertise that they will give the credit because they want people to call and ask for it. You will then have people on the Sales and Customer Service side either operate under the direction of or take the reigns themselves and try to find/create an out from offering the credit. Sometimes they only need to drop a banana peel, other times it is a brick wall. Don't argue with the rep, because they may have been told to push back on giving the credit. Someone else might have been direction to offer the credit.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Just got credited $100 on my account for the two Lumias on my family plan purchased last weekend. First CS representative I talked to refused to do it. He said he spoke to his manager and then she told him that we would have to go into the store we bought it from and it was up tot he manager's discretion whether or not to offer the refund. I asked to speak to that manager, told her my story, and also included the fact that I am a customer of over a decade, and could just refund the two lines and leave AT&T as my contracts were up in October without any ETF. Also mentioned that other people were speaking with CS representatives and were getting their bill credited. She extended the $100 as a 'one-time courtesy', but again reiterated that it should have be an in-store process and that any other CS representatives who offered the credit were 'wrong and shouldn't have done that'.
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuppyMFJ View Post
    I understand why some people won't get it --- they're trying to drive sales of the undecided voters to come over to the Nokia. This is good and hopefully gets people on the Lumia. Here is a short piece of the chat I had:
    __
    Maria: I was browsing at the order details you paid $99.99 for that correct? the link that you have provided to me has an offer of $49.99 from 11/23-11/25 in the Company-owned-retail locations.
    Guppy: That is correct
    Maria: The offer hasn't started and this is on a limited stock at a limited time. I understand you will not be able to take advantage of it.
    Guppy: Alright
    Guppy: I figured I would check anyways
    Maria: Here's what I am going to do, you are a valued customer of AT&T, I will go ahead and give you a one time adjustment of $30.00 on your wireless account.
    __

Super helpful and she spent ~7 minutes looking for the deal since their browsers are blocked from visiting the link I gave her. I didn't get the full credit but I got more than I expected. Best service so far.
    Basically sales of the Lumia 920 will be limited to inventory on hand and no rainchecks will be offered. That's typical Black Friday sales legalese that is provided to keep the vendor from having to take a $50 hit on hundreds or thousands of devices post-Black Friday. Still, it's a price reduction that happened within the 14 day return window of purchasing the Lumia 920. They can say you would have purchased the device whether it was $49.99 or $99.99. They would be correct, but you would have possibly waited as well and for that you shouldn't be penalized for being an early adopter. Get your $50 credit.

Once again AT&T shows just how inconsistent they can be. I tried chatting with 2 different reps, the first I selected sales/orders as my chat issue. The second time I tried billing. The first told me they don't do price matching at all. The second told me she couldn't access the link and that my only option would be to return the phones and repurchase them when the promotion starts. I'll try calling customer service later.

Like most things AT&T this chat is not going well.

I chatted with an agent and got nada. She said I would have to return to the point of sale, and I explained I would be out of town for the holidays. I guess I'll have to try again in a few minutes.

Is it confirmed that the sale price includes the wireless charger? On another charger note, my store has still received none of those devices.
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon.dowling View Post
    Also mentioned that other people were speaking with CS representatives and were getting their bill credited. She extended the $100 as a 'one-time courtesy', but again reiterated that it should have be an in-store process and that any other CS representatives who offered the credit were 'wrong and shouldn't have done that'.
    I'm all about taking the time to educate consumers but why should anyone have to be audience to comments like this? The problem is on the other side of the coin if the credits should not have been offered. I'm telling you, if a customer calls in and asks for the credit they will get it. Whether it is the first call, the second call or the third call - they will get it. You have to act on it now, though. Would you want to be the Customer Service Supervisor or Manager that received 5% or more of the calls requesting the $50 credit and your group handed them out? I'm sure they don't want to do it for everyone otherwise that adjustment would already be on our accounts.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wamsille View Post
    I'm all about taking the time to educate consumers but why should anyone have to be audience to comments like this? The problem is on the other side of the coin if the credits should not have been offered. I'm telling you, if a customer calls in and asks for the credit they will get it. Whether it is the first call, the second call or the third call - they will get it. You have to act on it now, though. Would you want to be the Customer Service Supervisor or Manager that received 5% or more of the calls requesting the $50 credit and your group handed them out? I'm sure they don't want to do it for everyone otherwise that adjustment would already be on our accounts.
    I completely agree, but this is AT&T we're talking about. When have they ever done anything that makes sense.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Now if only AT&T made it $350 off contract-would save some of us $100.

Quote Originally Posted by GuppyMFJ View Post
    Which option should I choose? Technical or Data Support?
    Previous Portable Windows Devices: Compaq iPAQ 3630, HP iPAQ 4700, HTC Tilt, Samsung Focus

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamilo1 View Post
    Which option should I choose? Technical or Data Support?
    I went through billing.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast