as title, Thanks

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Obvious question here. Why would you want to?
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Maybe he wants to compare for himself the pictures/videos with and without OIS?

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    OIS isn't a software feature, it's a floating lense. You can't disable it.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I vaguely remember that there's an option to disable it... I could be wrong though...

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertph View Post
    I vaguely remember that there's an option to disable it... I could be wrong though...
    Shake your phone really fast and you can hear the lense rattle.
    Last edited by Chris Parsons; 11-20-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Don't remind me that I don't have a Lumia 920 lol... I'm not denying your statement that it's using a floating lens technology, but I think I saw it in one of the videos posted by some guy here (turning OIS off)... But again, I could just be imagining it...

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertph View Post
    Don't remind me that I don't have a Lumia 920 lol... I'm not denying your statement that it's using a floating lens technology, but I think I saw it in one of the videos posted by some guy here (turning OIS off)... But again, I could just be imagining it...
    I've had my Lumia 920 for 9 days, I haven't seen any setting to disable it. The rattling is nothing to worry about, the only time it makes that noise is if you shake it fast or sometimes when the vibrator goes off it will make the lens rattle.

OIS is not Digital Image Stabilization. You can't disable it like you can on some cameras/phones. OIS is achieved with tiny gyro-sensors inside the lens that quickly shift pieces of the lens glass to off-set your motion. There is nothing you can do to disable it.
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetrii View Post
    OIS is not Digital Image Stabilization. You can't disable it like you can on some cameras/phones. OIS is achieved with tiny gyro-sensors inside the lens that quickly shift pieces of the lens glass to off-set your motion. There is nothing you can do to disable it.
    THANK YOU!! SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS!!

And why would you want to disable it?

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    but in the test videos when the feature was showed off I could have sworn they had it off then tapped the screen and it was on? To show the difference yo event goers unless its off when not recording and when you press record it goes online? I dunno will try it

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetrii View Post
    Actually lens based ois CAN be turned off... Many nikons can turn off the vr features.

now I know that these lenses are way different from little cell phone lenses but if they have same piezo sensors and electromagnets running the show, in theory it could be turned off and the floating lens locked down to a position.

just saying...