11-19-2012, 10:00 PM #1
- 29 Posts
Today I wasted almost 4 hours for unlocking my Lumia 920. So I think it is better I write a guide, it may save you some time if you are about to unlock your Rogers Lumia 920.
1. A Rogers wireless account (or Fido account, see caution below). The Rogers unlock team can only charge Rogers wireless account, not cable TV account, not internet account.
A Fido account will work as well. But be careful, most of the customer relationship representative don't know Fido account works for unlock team. They may not accept Fido account. Or you have to spend lots of time to explain. To save your word, it is better to have a Rogers wireless account.
If you don't have any Rogers account, either ask your friend who has one, or go grab a pay-as-you-go package and top up $50. Note: when you top up $50, you are actually paying $56.50 (or whatever including tax). So if a Rogers representative ask you to top up extra $10 to the account for the tax purpose, DO NOT DO IT.
2. Write down your IMEI number, or have the Lumia 920 box ready.
3. One non-Rogers/Fido micro-SIM. Any micro-SIM from Bell, Telus, Wind, Mobilicity, even AT&T. Just no Rogers, no Fido. Put the SIM card into your Lumia 920 and boot it up, let it stay at the unlock PIN screen.
1. Call Rogers Customer Support. 1-888-764-3771. Wait for the prompt and press 0, 4.
2. When someone picks up the phone, ask for unlocking device, or customer relationship department. Don't waste time on this step. The representative will give you bull****, like why you pay off your phone instead of sticking with the contract, blah blah blah. If they do say so, just tell them you are going to cancel your service.
3. After got to the customer relationship, they will ask for your IMEI and Rogers wireless account number. Don't let them charge the account. Your account should be charged by the unlock team. After you give them the information, you will be transferred to the unlock team. Be patient, I waited half an hour before actually getting transferred.
4. Just tell the same story to the unlock team. They will give you an unlock code. Just turn on your Lumia 920 screen and input the code. If the cellphone says "PIN accepted", then it is done.
Remember, at this time, your phone is unlocked, but probably you still see "no service" sign, or no data connection. Go to Settings => Cellular and add an APN.
Estimate time to go through all of these: one hour (If your call is not hanged up by one of the representatives)
- 11-19-2012, 10:28 PM #2
Thanks for the great guide. As a Lumia 920 owner on Rogers, I *greatly* appreciate it.
11-23-2012, 10:22 AM #4
- 33 Posts
This is just a side note, but I paid the $50 to unlock my Lumia only to find out (a week later) that my LUmia was a lemon (daily lock-ups, even after a factory reset). I returned the phone to Rogers yesterday and unlocking service was unwilling to refund the $50 fee they had charged citing that I knew about the risks. When I then talked to a different rep to cancel my account at Rogers, she offered to refund the $50 if I kept my account going, which I did. Lesson learned: don't unlock until you've had a chance to fully test out the phone and are sure you won't have to return it.
- 12-03-2012, 12:59 AM #6
Good guide on unlocking a Nokia Lumia 920 locked to rogers network. I would like to share my unlocking experience here. I unlocked my Nokia Lumia 920 locked to Rogers network safer and easier using unlock code.I got the unlock code for my mobile from http://www.wickedunlock.com/nokia-lumia-920/rs16wp9/ at low cost with easy step by step unlocking instructions.
12-05-2012, 02:31 PM #8
- 130 Posts
- 12-09-2012, 03:20 PM #16
I unlocked mine via Rogers, it is a royal pain since mine was a returned unit and Rogers system showed it was on contract, at least I had a helpful retention rep on 2nd call that helped. Quickest way to be on phone for shortest time with rogers is call and go to tech support prompt, they will transfer to retention/customer relations to confirm phone is not on contract and retention will transfer to unlock team, guess Rogers/Robbers want to make sure you are not bolting to another carrier, in my case **** would have to freeze over for me to ever have a Rogers account.
01-09-2013, 09:11 AM #17
- 1 Posts
I am trying to get my nokia lumia 920 to work on wind. Can someone kindly share the steps to test wind SIM on unlocked lumia 920 (rogers).
I tested wind sim on unlocked rogers lumia 920 but it did not pickup wind network.
people who have it working on WIND, does it show WIND Home or WIND away.
thanks in advance :)
- By BIGPADDY in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: 11-19-2012, 12:09 PM
- By 12Danny123 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 11Last Post: 10-12-2012, 10:16 AM
- By Garredow in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 35Last Post: 10-06-2012, 02:20 PM
- By geekmaster in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 9Last Post: 09-19-2012, 03:32 PM
- By saintforlife in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 16Last Post: 09-03-2012, 07:57 PM