Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By autumnride
  • 1 Post By Reflexx

I know the 920 doesn't need a cover as its durable, but I don't want any scuff marks on it. Anyone bought a cover for it yet? if so what did you get? I'm thinking of a gell/skin type cover as light as possible.

The $3.99 Fosmon Dura S Series tpu case (with free shipping) in multiple colors is a perfect fit and adds 24 empty grams and no discernible thickness. Get it from Amazon.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    There is no reason to buy a cover.. Watch that video, he really gives his best to destroy the Lumia... :)

I love my new Lumia, but I won't buy a cover for it!! :)
    Thanked by:
    holyxiaoxin likes this.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    It takes away the beauty.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Or it can add color to a white or black phone...

Quote Originally Posted by rellimllc View Post
    The $3.99 Fosmon Dura S Series tpu case (with free shipping) in multiple colors is a perfect fit and adds 24 empty grams and no discernible thickness. Get it from Amazon.
    Thanks, will check it out

I would definitely consider one if it was thin enough. I am not sure what the difference is but my 900 felt like it had more grip. The 920 is slippery and I know its just a matter of time before I drop it. Maybe its the rounded glass or something but its definitely more slippery than the 900

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I ordered some grip strips from "eGrips" and they are perfect for the 920. Doesn't slip out of my hand at all and adds no weight.

While I'm confident in the 920's ability to take damage and keep going, that doesn't mean it won't get scuff marks or signs of wear and tear.

My wife has been looking for a transparent case.
    CapnPauly likes this.

I was not going to get a case but decided to try a Zagg shield. I have always wanted to try their products. Overall it is just ok. The front protector went on fine but was scratched by the applicator :/ The back protector is great. It has a mat finish and adds a good bit a grip. I accidentally touched the back protector with a cloth I was using to clean the phone so it has a bit of fuzz under it (being a white phone does not help that).

Would I buy one of their shields again? Prob not. $30 is just too much of what you get.

I think am going to order a few of these for mine and my wife's 920's. They look promising..

Amazon.com: Worldshopping® Black Matte Quicksand Skin Slim Fit Hard Back Case Cover For Nokia Lumia 920 + Free Accessories, Gifts from Worldshopping®: Cell Phones & Accessories

Got to be honest, slight disappointed in the protection of the 920.

Every gets a hard on for Gorilla Glass, but after stupidly dropping my phone from about an inch onto some gravel, and i have a couple of small scratches on the screen.

Even worse, i'm really an#l about looking after my phones, never goes in a pocket with keys or change, yet i already have a couple of tiny scratches on the back.

I've only had the phone about a week, it looks lovely, but at this rate it'll look like a 2 year old phone by the end of the month.

Brought a shocksock as quick solution, but will defintely be watching what cases come out.

I second the Fosman TPU case. I picked on up from Ebay, but I see Amazon is a little cheaper.It does add a little more bulk, but I know the TPU case I used on my Samsung Focus protected it form lots of drops. I debated getting a cover, but since I like keeping my phones looking like they are brand new, I decided to give one a try. It also gives a much better grip, and you can remove it very easily when you do not want to use it. The quality is top notch, and I am very impressed on the precision of the fit. I am going to pick up a lightweight cloth pouch as well for my pocket to protect the screen. I know it is overkill. And again, I can easily remove the cover when I wanto use it as a bare phone. I also like idea of being able to change the color, so I may pick up another color or two for some variety. If you do not want a cover like this, at least a lightweight cloth pouch will keep it clean and protected in your pocket.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I currently have the black Speck (plastic shell, silicon lining) case which I purchased at the AT&T store when I got my Lumia, which brought the weight up to 219 grams (7.725 ounces). I bought it because I knew I would be dropping this phone eventually, and because of it's weight, a thin, light, gel case will most likely not prevent dents. I've gotten used to the weight pretty quickly. When I first bought it, yeah, it felt heavy, but now, it feels "substantial".

Judging from the amount of microscratches on the case, I think it was a good purchase. The screen is naked, though, and still immaculate. Gorilla glass does the trick.

Ugly Black Otter Box Defender for around the house and when I'm not styling. I love it. I've seen too many iPhones dropped in bars to question the Otter's construction and replacement policies. I tried the Speck Grip at the ATT store. Liked it but I wanted the screen protector. Might buy the Spec later

accessories-4316a-450x350.png

I purchased the black Skullcandy Speck candyshell case from my AT&T store, and it manages to provide both silicon protection and a hardshell (like the Incipio case I loved for my HTC Trophy) without adding much at all to the phone. Also, inductive charging still works with the case on (verified with both the $299.99 Nokia/JBL speaker and the charging plate). Based on my measurements, it adds 3.7mm to the length, 4.2mm to the width, and 2.3mm to the depth (at its widest point). ~2mm per side isn't too shabby given the level of protection.
    I normally do get a case for my phones, but for the Lumia I decided not to - and just get the Zagg skins for the front and back. I was hesitant about this, since I really like the phone and don't want issues, but then I saw the video posted above... I don't feel so bad about it now! Between the case of the phone being very durable, and the Zagg shields protecting them from scratches, I feel pretty covered.

It just seems like a shame to put this phone in a case if you don't have to...