Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Has anybody else heard of this? I find it hard to believe it would only release on Nokia though.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    If it does it would just be a 90 day exclusivity.
    Sent from my White Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Instagram is coming to Windows Phone (updated) | The Verge

would not surprise me if they wrote and app with instagram permission.

Global Posts
    1,420 Global Posts
    Do you have a link or an article or something that you're referencing?
    ----
    My Device History circa 2007:

Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Where did you hear this?
    Thanked by:

if you read the article they are guessing that MSFT is making one and that instagram said they aren't. So that's not a good source.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I guess I don't understand the fascination with this app...

It's basically for girls and people who really don't know real photography..

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    That article has already been proven false and no Instagram app is coming any time soon. Instagram will not happen unless WP gains some significant marketshare, and given what a pathetic launch WP8 has been, that's not happening any time soon. Don't get your hopes up.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    All indications are that 920, 820/810/822 and 8X sales have kicked up WP sales volume and retail share (though we'll have to wait to see what the marketshare numbers say for Q4). I'd suggest holding off on predicting "pathetic" sales.

Also, market share is a silly consideration when you're talking about platforms with millions of users. WP has over 30 million users worldwide -- mostly high income people. That's about as many people as the entire country of Canada, a "major market" in its own right. You don't see companies saying "we won't produce a version of our product for the Canadian marketplace until the population increases to 100 million."

Mobile app development is reasonably cheap, and with an audience of millions of users, companies that refuse to access the opportunity are simply leaving money on the table.

(And I still don't see the appeal of this Instagram thingy).

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Ok I'm saying this in bold because I'm really tired of repeating this across various tech sites and forums. Instagram is not just an app to apply crappy filters to photos, in fact thats like .00002% of what its is, Instagram is a SOCIAL NETWORK. Sites like Twitter and Facebook become cluttered with so much useless crap that you don't care about, like what your sister's friend's roommate ate for lunch, or a stupid ad or promotion for this or that. Instagram gets rid of all that and provides you with a clean easy way to keep up with your friends without dealing with all that extra junk you don't care about. Trick is to not apply the filters that way what you're left with is simply a stream of hopefully interesting photos that tell a story, where you've been, what you like, who you like.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, well thats a **** of a lot of Facebook posts.

/end rant

Quote Originally Posted by Tafsern View Post
    Looks like you really don't get the point of the app then. Your letting your own ignorance cloud judgement here.

^^ ColeHarris says it best... it's a social network. Although I disagree with not adding filters, some actually serve a purpose.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    So basically, Instagram is a proprietary, closed and device-specific version of Pinterest with some bad photo filters attached. Why not just use Pinterest and whatever photo filters you'd like to use?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColeHarris View Post
    Ok I'm saying this in bold because I'm really tired of repeating this across various tech sites and forums. Instagram is not just an app to apply crappy filters to photos, in fact thats like .00002% of what its is, Instagram is a SOCIAL NETWORK. Sites like Twitter and Facebook become cluttered with so much useless crap that you don't care about, like what your sister's friend's roommate ate for lunch, or a stupid ad or promotion for this or that. Instagram gets rid of all that and provides you with a clean easy way to keep up with your friends without dealing with all that extra junk you don't care about. Trick is to not apply the filters that way what you're left with is simply a stream of hopefully interesting photos that tell a story, where you've been, what you like, who you like.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, well thats a **** of a lot of Facebook posts.

/end rant
    You do know that Facebook bought Instagram right? It will only be a matter of time before Instagram has ads, and it will be cluttered by useless crap soon as well.

I don't get the fascination with Instagram either... If liking someone's photo is enough for it to be called a "social network," then yeah, Instagram is a "social network."
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Doesn't Flickr offer the same social networking service as Instagram? With Flickr you have friends whom you follow, join groups, people comment, certain photos public or restricted to certain individuals. You can take photos from your Flickr app and directly upload them. Is there an advantage to Instagram other than filters? I'm curious why Instagram has become so popular compared to similar services.

I get your/he's point.

My point is that this program doesn't make you a better photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by ColeHarris View Post

/end rant
    Instagram DOESN'T get rid of all that. Now all you see are photos of people's foods, people's feet, and the incredibly stupid textgram - which then gets sent to twitter. Pictures are worth 1000 words, and if you can't show how you feel on pictures, there should be no reason why you rather have a picture of a text and then have it sent to twitter instead of just tweeting how you feel. The only way instagram is different from other social networks is that it forces you to use 1:1 format (square format), let's you apply filters to your photos quickly, and allows interaction between strangers publicly where everyone can see it. And to this day, facebook is still the best way to keep up with your friends because you can have it only show posts from them and you can also have a group conversation without having to type the entire username of each of them just so they can get a notification. I'm pretty sure that for the most part, instagram isn't really being used by folks the way the developers hoped it would, otherwise there wouldn't be so many people getting their photos deleted or getting their profiles taken down.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Personally, I've always liked Molome better.. I can't wait for it to come to WP!

Global Posts
    3,438 Global Posts
    No it's not. If you dn't know what it is, why comment. Go google it and see what it is before making random statements. Is Facebook just Myspace without HTML coding, no. Is Twitter just Facebook with 140 char limit, no. Is Windows phone central just Macrumors? It's a social network. If you don't like it, don't use it. But millions upon millions of people use it and enjoy using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    So basically, Instagram is a proprietary, closed and device-specific version of Pinterest with some bad photo filters attached. Why not just use Pinterest and whatever photo filters you'd like to use?
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
    minhaferzz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tafsern View Post
    Uhh...its no longer about photography with crappy filters.

Its now a social network....no different than fb, twitter and etc. When u see it as a social network then it has value. If you see it just as an app with filters on it then it has none. There are many many many apps out there that apply filters onto photography yet they are not as popular as Instagram..why? Is it because Instagram filters are 10x better? Nope. A sepia filter is just a sepia filter

When everyone was on My Space...you were cool, trendy, ground breaker, leader of the pack if you were on FB
    When everyone was on FB...you were cool, trendy, ground breaker, leader of the pack if you were on Twitter
    When everyone was on Twitter...you were cool, trendy, ground breaker, leader of the pack if you were on Instagram
    When everyone was on Instagram...you were cool, trendy, ground breaker, leader of the pack if you were on...oh h$#l who can keep up ;)
    brmiller1976 likes this.

"80 million users love Instagram! It's a free, fun, and simple way to make and share gorgeous photos on your iPhone.

Pick from one of several gorgeous filtered effects or tilt-shift blur to breathe a new life into your mobile photos. Transform everyday moments into works of art you'll want to share with friends and family.

Share your photos in a simple photo stream with friends to see - and follow your friends' photos with the click of a single button. Every day you open up Instagram, you'll see new photos from your closest friends, and creative people from around the world."

That is the app description directly from iTunes. The fact that is morphed into a 'social network' is pretty goofy. Really? you want to see mine or anyone else's stupid picture stream?

Hipsters these days.....

Global Posts
    963 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrelamont View Post
    Cut

When everyone was on Instagram...you were cool, trendy, ground breaker, leader of the pack if you were on...oh h$#l who can keep up ;)
    ....Nothing. Now that is trendy.

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts
    I'll never get the point of a filtered Facebook...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast