Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does anyone have any recommendations for good in-ear headphones that are compatible with the Lumia 920 in the U.S.? I read on Nokia's web site that the Lumia 920 has a universal audio connector, so does that mean any headphones with a 3.5 mm jack are compatible? Nokia doesn't list any in-ear headphones on their Lumia 920 accessories page, so I was trying to figure out what to buy.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I use my JVC XX Earphones w/mic and single button control.
    Model is the HA-FR201.
    Last edited by xcharles718; 11-23-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    WPCentral's Resident Elitist :D
    Thanked by:
    EBynum 

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Any 3.5mm headphones should be compatible. I use the Nokia Purity In-Ear Headphones by Monster with my 900, and they work great. They have in-line controls and a mic, although sometimes the in-line controls don't always work when the screen is locked. In happy with them though, but they are a little pricey.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts
    Nokia purity in ears. Three button controller. Works perfectly with the 920. Didn't always work with the 900 but that was a device issue.
    Thanked by:
    EBynum 

Thanks for the suggestions. I was actually considering the Nokia Purity In-ear Headphones, so it's nice to know they work with the 920. I wonder if Nokia will release them in colors to match the 920. I would love yellow ones to match my yellow phone. The only yellow headset so far is the new Purity Pro Wireless Headset, which I'm sure will be an outrageous price. Does anybody know if those are even available for sale in the U.S. yet? AT&T and Amazon don't sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by EBynum View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I was actually considering the Nokia Purity In-ear Headphones, so it's nice to know they work with the 920. I wonder if Nokia will release them in colors to match the 920. I would love yellow ones to match my yellow phone. The only yellow headset so far is the new Purity Pro Wireless Headset, which I'm sure will be an outrageous price. Does anybody know if those are even available for sale in the U.S. yet? AT&T and Amazon don't sell them.
    i have the yellow and would also like the earbuds in yellow =)
    I know there are some Lumia kiosks at malls supposedly handing at $100 off vouchers for some of the purity lines. I was thinking of picking up one of the over the ears myself, if the price it right. If I udnerstand correctly, original retail is $200. With a voucher that makes it $100. Would be a **** of a deal.

Ultimate Ears 350vm, has on-cord mic/call answer/volume controls.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yellow in ear is coming soon. Check puritybymonster.com for an update.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    I know there are some Lumia kiosks at malls supposedly handing at $100 off vouchers for some of the purity lines. I was thinking of picking up one of the over the ears myself, if the price it right. If I udnerstand correctly, original retail is $200. With a voucher that makes it $100. Would be a **** of a deal.
    lumia kiosks exist? Like where to be exact? I'm not questioning you at all, just would really like to know where i can find one =)

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray E. View Post
    Ultimate Ears 350vm, has on-cord mic/call answer/volume controls.
    I really like those earbuds and they worked perfectly on my Lumia 900 when using Spotify. Volume control and track changing worked perfectly with Spotify but not with Zune. I have not tried them on the 920 yet.

Any word on when the Nokia Purity Pro wireless headsets are coming out? Last I heard was fourth quarter 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk22 View Post
    Yellow in ear is coming soon. Check puritybymonster.com for an update.
    Thanks for the info. Just checked their web site and I do see the in-ear headphones in yellow (also in red for all you red Lumia 920 owners), though it only shows they're "coming soon". I wonder when that will be. Their FB Twitter pages haven't been updated in ages.

---------- Post Merged at 01:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pjeung View Post
    lumia kiosks exist? Like where to be exact? I'm not questioning you at all, just would really like to know where i can find one =)
    Yeah, where?
    There is one in Boston's Southshore mall. They are calling it the Nokia experience. They seem to be at high-end high-traffic malls.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
    There is one in Boston's Southshore mall. They are calling it the Nokia experience. They seem to be at high-end high-traffic malls.
    just like randomly in the mall? or in front of a particular store? (microsoft maybe?)

Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    I want these. Where can I buy it?

Photo by karnkzkn • Instagram

sadly i think the european ones come with color matching headphones.. i guess that's the price we pay (literally) for the 99 dollar at&t deal lol
    sadly i think the european ones come with color matching headphones.. i guess that's the price we pay (literally) for the 99 dollar at&t deal lol
    but where and when can I buy it?

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I'm using the headphones from my GS III. They work well (including the volume and play/pause controls on the mic).

Global Posts
    2,733 Global Posts
    Apple earpods

Sent from something uhmayzing using my pinkie
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

Here in the UK, I got ear phones included in the box with my upgrade to the L920

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulm187 View Post
    Here in the UK, I got ear phones included in the box with my upgrade to the L920
    are they single button or three button? I've seen a few unboxing videos and caught a glimpse of the included set, they look interesting but I can't see any details

I purchased these from Best Buy: Sony - Hands-Free Headset - DREX14VP/BLK

They're not audiophile-grade by any stretch, but they work and they're cheap, and the microphone quality is actually pretty good. I just needed something for handsfree calling while driving to replace my Apple earbuds (which don't work with the L920, BTW), and I've yet to try a bluetooth headset that didn't royally suck when it comes to call quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulm187 View Post
    Can I buy them from you?

If you do decide to get over the ear headphones, especially in the cold weather I would suggest Ultrasone Pro 900.
    I usually need to AMP them but with my 920 I do not even need to amp, direct plug and the 920 drives them perfectly, amazing audiophile level sound and your ears are warm =p

I use the iPhone 5 ear buds. They rock.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast