Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I saw an article on eBay and the guy is selling an Unlocked AT&T Lumia 920. He wrote this:

"I only opened the box to make sure everything was in it, and to plug it into my Windows 8 Developer acct to unlock the phone. I am an amateur app developer for Android, Google, and Windows 8. Windows 8 charges $100 for this ability. With my acct I can have three Windows 8 phones unlocked. This is one of the three."

I went to the Developers website and read this:

"Registering the phone requires an active developer account on Windows Phone Dev Center. Each developer account lets you register three devices for app development. After you create a developer account and register your phone, you can install, run, and debug apps on the phone."

MY QUESTION IS: if I pay $100 for a developer account, will I be able to unlock three AT&T Lumia 920 devices?

It sounds like it. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it only works for applications that YOU build.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    A developer unlock is not a sim unlock, but you can sideload three different apps from any developer. However, you won't be able to install apps that require root access