11-18-2012, 02:31 AM #1
- 2 Posts
Hi I have come from the android world. I like the look of WP8 so 3 days ago upgraded to a 920. Couple of basic questions if I may. Firstly I notice when I use the power button, it seems that the wireless is logging on. Does that mean when the phone is on standby, the phone is using 3g to check for emails while asleep or does it only check when waking up.
Secondly does anyone know of a 3g meter app that can be used to check on internet usage. I used to use 3g watchdog.
I do like the phone but find that even the basic apps are sadly missing.
- 11-18-2012, 02:49 AM #2
1. Yes sadly the phone doesn't stay connected to WiFi when in standby, this is a bug and will no doubt be fixed in a future update. It will continue to update however just not over WiFi.
2. Windows Phone 8 introduced a new feature called data-sense which looks like a great way to track and limit your data usage over 3g/4g however this feature is currently only available for Verizon but will be coming to other networks likely in the coming months. As far as a third party app that will monitor usage I'm not currently aware of any, but a quick search in the store should provide you with that info. Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
As far as apps I have a feeling that we're going to be seeing a ton of growth over these next few months and hopefully by this time next year Windows Phone will have parity with Android and iOS.
11-18-2012, 03:16 AM #6
- 2 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I am in the UK so guess some of you are having a late night. I hope you are right about a ton of new apps being released. This purchase was an act of faith that microsoft finally got it right. I will take a look at the Nokia counter app.
- 12-05-2012, 06:54 AM #7
I like WP, don't get me wrong. But you know, be realistic. Its your hard earned money you spend.
- By Vitogalaxy in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 05-06-2013, 08:15 AM
- By saintforlife in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 60Last Post: 02-27-2013, 02:48 PM
- By Kevin Michaluk in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 26Last Post: 11-19-2012, 06:39 PM
- By geekmaster in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 9Last Post: 09-19-2012, 03:32 PM
- By saintforlife in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 16Last Post: 09-03-2012, 07:57 PM