Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Let us know if it puts it back to auto and u can get LTE. But even if that works - is there no way to hardlock the radio to 3g easily? Do changing the APN's work on this phone (only tested doing that on samsung anddroids).

Quote Originally Posted by SofaTester View Post
    Nokia Care told me to try a Hard Reset, currently trying.

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    It is ##3282#

Quote Originally Posted by jreed3000 View Post
    Let us know if it puts it back to auto and u can get LTE. But even if that works - is there no way to hardlock the radio to 3g easily? Do changing the APN's work on this phone (only tested doing that on samsung anddroids).
    Haven't tried that either, but yeah no other way now, automatic only now. May try that after this Hard Reset gets done, taking forever.

Still so pissed Nokia removed that in the update, why remove it? It was something that was very very useful for many people.

I think I may have found a fix. Shut down your phone for a few minutes and remove the SIM card. Then turn your phone back on without the SIM card installed. Of course, you will see the SIM card error message, etc. Now, power off your phone, re-install the SIM and power back on. I got a pop-up message saying "Phone mode changed to GSM" (whatever that meant?) Now, I get the LTE symbol. I'll do some further testing to see if it reverts to 4G symbol when I am not in an LTE area. So, before you guys start doing hard resets, stay tuned.

Well I've already started the hard reset, since Nokia told me to try that, but this is taking forever.

How long does a hard reset take? I'm at 20 minutes now of gears spinning...

---edit---- = they updated it to just ##3282

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieJP View Post
    I think I may have found a fix. Shut down your phone for a few minutes and remove the SIM card. Then turn your phone back on without the SIM card installed. Of course, you will see the SIM card error message, etc. Now, power off your phone, re-install the SIM and power back on. I got a pop-up message saying "Phone mode changed to GSM" (whatever that meant?) Now, I get the LTE symbol. I'll do some further testing to see if it reverts to 4G symbol when I am not in an LTE area. So, before you guys start doing hard resets, stay tuned.
    Last edited by jreed3000; 12-19-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Well I've already started the hard reset, since Nokia told me to try that, but this is taking forever.

How long does a hard reset take? I'm at 20 minutes now of gears spinning...
    Could this be the hard reset brick?

Holy... IT WORKED. And my LTE's fixed! It's a Christmas miracle!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy John View Post
    Could this be the hard reset brick?

Yes, using Care Suite fix to reflash.

This makes me so pissed at Nokia, they removed the feature in the firmware, AT&T might have made them they didn't say.

This makes me so pissed at Nokia, they removed the feature in the firmware, AT&T might have made them they didn't say.
    You could Flash the previous firmware if you really want the lte turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by jayson728 View Post
    You could Flash the previous firmware if you really want the lte turned off.
    I thought about it, but didn't.

Funny that the updates today were supposed to fix the reset phone loop, yet mine gets bricked from hitting reset. Cmon Nokia.

While I do not know about the Lumia 920, other phones I had, the international versions had controls in network settings to enable/disable 3G or 4G while the AT&T versions lacked those controls.

Well the flash won't work, I now have a bricked 920.

I'm guessing the updates today are to blame, but regardless, that trick doesn't work, and I'm screwed. Awesome.

OK, I confirmed that it does switch automatically from "LTE" to "4G" (an vice-versa) when I go in an out of an LTE-enabled area here in Los Angeles. So, it looks like it will at least get the phone back to default "automatic" network detection. I'm glad that this trick worked for some of you who tried it. Sorry about those of you who were told to do a hard reset or had to re-flash their phone.

THEY DROPPED THE LAST "#"

Just change the code to ##3282 - and it works (i feel dumb for not just trying this in the beginning).

^^nailed it!!

That worked for me (latest phone updates as of 3/6/2013). Speed went from ~40/8.5 on LTE down to ~14/3.5 on 3G Only (which reads as 4G) using Speedtest.net.

This is the first time I'm spending any considerable time in an LTE environment and it sucks! My battery lasts about 2 days at home with my normal usage, and now I'm lucky if I can get through six or seven hours without having to plug in. Why would AT&T disable this option in the normal settings? Sure, it's nice that Facebook loads a touch faster than it does at home, but not at the expense of a day and half of battery life... :/ Charging now, and hoping the phone will last out the day.

*edit* - 3 hours later (mostly idle) and I still have 100% battery! Yesterday I had 70% under the same usage conditions.
    Last edited by cameradork; 03-06-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by majortom1981 View Post
    I am stuck on edge /no signal and didn't touch any of those settings.
    Just type ##3282 and call without the extra # at the end. It'll take you back to the field test where you can reset to LTE.

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakken66 View Post
    Just type ##3282 and call without the extra # at the end. It'll take you back to the field test where you can reset to LTE.
    this doesn't work on the 1308 update.

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Confirming mine no longer works after 1308 update.

Bump previous thread. Who's got the smarts to figure out the new codes?!

##3282# returns my phone number now, after the update. ##3282 gives a call can not be completed as dialed. Crap, why change that?

The problem is that I had my phone set to 2G only and then did the update. Now I can't switch it back. Not sure what I'm going to do. I can't reliably make and receive calls at home unless I set 2G only and I have lousy data rates when I leave a WiFi area. Hopefully someone figures out the new codes soon.

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    you guys don't get it, AT&T will keep trying to avoid user to be able to switch LTE to 3G, you know why? because they don't have a throttling policy set on the the 3G network if your account is on LTE. That means that if you go past 5GB on LTE (if you are on the unlimited plan), you can just switch to 3G only and you will still able to get at least 3-4 mbps down, instead of the 500kbps you get when you get throttled down. That's the reason they keep changing the code.

Quote Originally Posted by eortizr View Post
    you guys don't get it, AT&T will keep trying to avoid user to be able to switch LTE to 3G, you know why? because they don't have a throttling policy set on the the 3G network if your account is on LTE. That means that if you go past 5GB on LTE (if you are on the unlimited plan), you can just switch to 3G only and you will still able to get at least 3-4 mbps down, instead of the 500kbps you get when you get throttled down. That's the reason they keep changing the code.
    That's a good reason, I guess. Too bad it completely wrecks the battery life and causes people stress, but I suppose that's not their problem. What would be *really* nice is if they were able to disable it for people with unlimited plans, but allow it on capped plans like mine.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast