11-17-2012, 03:08 PM #1
- 842 Posts
In my brief search of the site I haven't come across this question...
Every time I put in a map destination Nokia Drive recommends that I download the map for Michigan (I assume to avoid incurring data charges). I did this. Map appears to be working fine, yet Nokia Drive still recommends that I download the map...
Anyone else getting this? I'm sure it is a 'bug' in the beta...but I really hope that it won't always remind me to download a map I already have. It isn't intrusive nor does it seem to affect the ability of Nokia Drive, though it is annoying to see a brief red banner at the top of the screen when I start a drive...Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
God's work, our hands.
Preaching the Gospel.
Holding a Windows Phone.
11-17-2012, 03:53 PM #2
- 76 Posts
Yeah I get the same thing (but in Texas, obviously :p ). I just dismiss it as a "nag screen" to keep you from unknowingly setting out on your journey without a pre-downloaded map in order to prevent unexpected data usage. I'm sure they'll add some "intelligence" later to check to see if you have all of the required maps already. To be clear, I've been using only the map of Texas in my initial testing. I'm not doing the whole USA download and maybe the behavior is different.
- By jwinch2 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 25Last Post: 10-20-2013, 08:33 AM
- By lumianut in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 11-12-2012, 03:17 PM
- By jkrc717 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 10-29-2012, 09:31 AM
- By pseudoware in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 17Last Post: 11-23-2011, 01:23 PM
- By tissotti in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 1Last Post: 11-05-2011, 01:34 PM