Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Hey has anyone who pre-ordered the Lumia 920 from EE actually received their phone yet?

If you have what date did you pre-order it?

When did you recieve it?

What colour is it?

and

How much did you pay for the handset (if it was a contract pre-order)?

I'm still waiting for mine and I pre-ordered it on the 5/11 for 20 on the 12 month 56 p/m contract.

Cheers
    No, I've now been told 21st November.

Not good! When did you order it, how much was it etc?

Pre-ordered on the 30th. 130 taken out of my account the same day for the phone and I'm still waiting.
    Got a direct message on twitter yesterday telling me stock had arrived and was being despatched. I'd like to think they'd pay extra for Saturday delivery but there's more chance of it being hand delivered by the Queen. EE's customer service is simply shocking.

I ordered my red 920 the minute they became available, and receive it the day the phones were released.
    Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

Pre-ordered a white N920 on the 30th Oct. Still waiting..... Issues over migrating me from Orange. DM on twitter from them today saying they would get a delivery update on the 20th Nov.. whatever that means!!

That is rediculous for pre orders.... I went into Phones 4 U last Thursday and walked out of the shop with my Lumia 920 on the EE network.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard Wilson View Post
    That is rediculous for pre orders.... I went into Phones 4 U last Thursday and walked out of the shop with my Lumia 920 on the EE network.
    Did you have to sign up for a 24 month contract?

The only benefit I can still see with pre-ordering the lumia 920 is that we had the option of signing a 12month contract and those of us who did only paid 20 for the handset so got a pretty sweet deal, even though we have had to wait ages to get the thing!!

Yes it was a 24 month deal and the handset was only 20 (I also get a free wireless charger).

I thought that the MAIN reason that you pre ordered is that you get it as soon as it is released and before most other people get it - although the 12 month contract is pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by hovesteve View Post
    Pre-ordered a white N920 on the 30th Oct. Still waiting..... Issues over migrating me from Orange. DM on twitter from them today saying they would get a delivery update on the 20th Nov.. whatever that means!!
    What worries me is that different people are being told stock is due on different dates. According to their Twitter feed stock was due 12th, 14th, 16th and now you're saying 20th. I tried to pre-order on the 30th around 0800 before I left for work but the system was not up at that time. I'd ordered by 0930 so I would have expected to have been near the start of the pre-order queue. Having said that it does seem to be the white model that most people are waiting for.

I has asked for a ring-back for pre-order and recieved that call last Tuesday (13th Nov). They advised it could be the end of the month before the phone arrived. A courier came knocking with it the next day at 8:30am! The deal - this was an upgrade and the phone was free on my original plan (still running the old Flext 60 plan so don't pay for anything within allowance!)

Did you place the order on the 13th? What colour did you get as I'm sure it's the white causing the problem in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard Wilson View Post
    Yes it was a 24 month deal and the handset was only 20 (I also get a free wireless charger).

I thought that the MAIN reason that you pre ordered is that you get it as soon as it is released and before most other people get it - although the 12 month contract is pretty good too.
    Yep that was the main reason but that doesn't seem to hold true for EE! The contract length is now the only benefit, and I'm grasping at straws here.

Quick update, today I have finally received my white lumia 920 from EE.

Only 16 days after pre-ordering it and almost two weeks after the phone was officially released in the UK.

Wasn't at home to receive it myself so I dont know if I have also received a charging plate but I'll find out after work. Thank God the wait is finally over!

Wonder what the next debacle will be?
    sudakoma likes this.

Glad your nightmare is over Andy. I've been told delivery was due today so I've got to hope they delivered to a neighbour.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_McG84 View Post
    Quick update, today I have finally received my white lumia 920 from EE.

Only 16 days after pre-ordering it and almost two weeks after the phone was officially released in the UK.

Wasn't at home to receive it myself so I dont know if I have also received a charging plate but I'll find out after work. Thank God the wait is finally over!

Wonder what the next debacle will be?
    Congrats on the new arrival, you're gonna love it!

Just got an email that my white 920 is winging its way to me. Maybe EE are finally getting their act together

Just got an email that my white 920 is winging its way to me. Maybe EE are finally getting their act together
    Great news all round it seems.

Unfortunately its not their whole act they have got together, I never received the promised wireless charger with my phone so I'm gonna give them a ring later to see what they think they're playing at!!

Anyone here get a free wireless charger from EE when they ordered online?
    Last edited by Andy_McG84; 11-22-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Received my white Nokia 920 yesterday. Loving the phone, no battery issues and 4G is sooo fast it makes my wifi look slow.
    Banned

I just went into Phones 4 U on the 9th and bought a black one. Free charging plate as well

Email just backed up with a text from UK Mail, its being delivered tomorrow :-))))

Unfortunately its not their whole act they have got together, I never received the promised wireless charger with my phone so I'm gonna give them a ring later to see what they think they're playing at!!

How did you get on with the wireless charger?

When I called nobody seemed to know what was going on (both worked in the iPhone deptartment!) and I was promised a call back which as per EE standards still hasn't come.

Mine turned up on time as promised by UKmail. Wow its worth the wait! No news on charging plate though.
    Banned

You don't get the wireless charger with the order, read the Terms and Conditions, you have to go to Nokia Free Charger AFTER 14 days from purchase date.

Quote Originally Posted by JammyGitz View Post
    You don't get the wireless charger with the order, read the Terms and Conditions, you have to go to Nokia Free Charger AFTER 14 days from purchase date.
    I'm not sure to which terms and conditions you are referring (possibly the distance selling ones?), but when I spoke to an EE customer services person on sunday (who luckily worked in the windows phone department!) I was told that because of the aforementioned distance selling regulations associated with online purchases (as with the phones4u/Nokia free charger website) our 14 days 'cooling off period' would have had to expire before the free charger order gets processed and it will then be up to a further 14 days before the charger will arrive. He also said that we should receive an email confirming this on or around the 'cooling off period' expiration date detailing that the free charger order has been processed.

Good news?

We shall have to wait and see!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast