Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    So the last two nites, I have noticed that when plugging the Lumia 920 in via USB rather than the included charger, I don't get a full charge overnight. The 900 used to be able to do that. What has changed or am I the only one having this issue. Granted once the charging plate finally arrives this might not be as big an issue but when traveling, there have been times I forgot my wall wart and had to use USB.

I noticed the same thing. I bought the Energizer pad while I wait for my Nokia charger and it makes it so much easier to charge.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Nobody else finds this annoying? Anyone know if the HTC 8x has the same issue?
    I had to charge with the USB (plugged into a wall jack) for the first four nights I owned the phone. It was always at 100% by morning.

Same problem exists with iphone and iPad. Both require more power than usb 2 should support.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

You mean charged via USB through your computer?

Its always faster through the wall outlet than through your computer. Every phone I've owned.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Guys - I hear you on that - but I've never owned a phone that when hooked up to the computer via USB ports that didn't charge to 100% overnight (7-8 hours). This one doesn't. I know it's faster hooked up to a wall outlet or even a usb wall outlet for that matter. In fact, I've been impressed how fast things do charge there but the computer is a mystery.

@snail - I guess that is the case. It's a bummer but that's the way it goes. If that's the price for better battery life then I suppose that's the way to go.

I dont have a problem charging mine when the usb cable is plugged in to my computer at work (vs. the wall charger). Although, I haven't run the battery down to 0 to try it...its usually never lower than 40%.

It could depend on the size of your battery? The output from your computer USB isn't going to be any greater, so in the same amount of time a 1500 mah battery will be filled to a greater percentage than a 2000 mah one

I've charged mine with the usb port on my computer and the usb port in my car. Both charged fine.