1.    #1  
    Has anyone else had issues filling out the form on the nokia free charger website? I tried to fill mine out today and it says my IMEI isn't valid. Is this website not set up for the US or something? Also, it asks for the date of purchase, and there is a drop down bar. The latest date is November 2. It wasn't even available in the US at that point in time.

Global Posts
    1,319 Global Posts
    att sent me a free charging plate at the time i purchased my 920. however they did say it would be shipping at a later date
    WP Central - Super Member
    Xbox Live GamerTag - Bear lx

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Something tells me the carriers (i.e. AT&T) are responsible for doing this for US customers...

I believe that site is for UK only. The phone number at the bottom is UK format and the phone was supposedly released on the 2nd over here.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear lx View Post
    att sent me a free charging plate at the time i purchased my 920. however they did say it would be shipping at a later date
    Quote Originally Posted by fiftiesdean View Post
    Something tells me the carriers (i.e. AT&T) are responsible for doing this for US customers...
    I actually got mine with AT&T. My wife bought the phone through Best Buy and they are being dumb. Neither AT&T not Best Buy claims they can help her. I figured this would work, but it looks like it's not going to stateside (the callback number is also for Europe). Oh well. Guess Best Buy gets a returned phone...
    Best Buy never said you'd get a free charger...and they have never price matched "Buy X Get X", I don't know of any companies that will price match that kind of deal.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    That site is for UK customers only.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    It seems you have to wait 14 days from purchase ( when return window ends). I got my 820 on the 9th nov so I guess I may have to wait until the 23rd.

Do you all have unique codes? CPW says I have to contact Nokia for my plate and win 8 Pro codes.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtieson View Post
    Best Buy never said you'd get a free charger...and they have never price matched "Buy X Get X", I don't know of any companies that will price match that kind of deal.
    My understanding was that this was through AT&T and Nokia anyway. When I got my free charger through them they had no idea what I was talking about. I had to insist. Finally AT&T sent me the charger through the mail. Best Buy should be able to make the order.

And for what it's worth, if Best Buy has the item in stock, they WILL price match Buy X Get X, so long as X is not a gift card. Problem is, they don't even have the charger in their system or know when/if they ever will.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Can someone tell me what this "unique code" is or where I find it?
    Regards
    SpencerUk
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaRed View Post
    It seems you have to wait 14 days from purchase ( when return window ends). I got my 820 on the 9th nov so I guess I may have to wait until the 23rd.

Do you all have unique codes? CPW says I have to contact Nokia for my plate and win 8 Pro codes.
    I don't have unique codes, I didn't know what that meant. I left it blank, but the issue the website was having was with the IMEI in the first place.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    It seems we were supposed to get these codes when we bought the devices. Whether they are actually needed or not I don't know but there is a box for it to be entered.

I'm thinking that the database somehow records my imei code as being purchased on the 9th so it won't work until the 9th shows up in the date options?

There were no wp8 Nokia phones available to buy before the 9th I don't think.

We didn't really expect this to be plain sailing now did we ? Lol

Is the free charger only available with a new 2-year contract?

I already had a contract with AT&T and bought the 920 outright for full AT&T retail. Should I get a "free" charger?

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Website is for UK only. Read terms.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    When I purchaced mind online it automatically put the charger in my shopping cart and said it would ship at a later date.

This is a UK-only offer, which means its not valid for those of us in the US. Just look at the form and you can clearly see this is not made for a US audience (colour? town? the phone number to call for assistance?).

If you are in the US, the only way to get a free charger would have been through AT&T. Period.
    prjkthack
    Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 928, Droid DNA
    Surface Pro 128GB
    Banned

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I got a unique code with mine ( on a nokia sticker on the box, the shop were responsible for putting these on th e920 boxes ) but the code is at home, I am at work.
    I put my IMIE in with a random 5 digit number and low and behold it worked, said my Charger will ship soon. There is only a choice between white and red.

A colleague got his from Orange directly, tried the same and he got a prompt to say IMIE invalid.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaRed View Post
    It seems we were supposed to get these codes when we bought the devices. Whether they are actually needed or not I don't know but there is a box for it to be entered.

I'm thinking that the database somehow records my imei code as being purchased on the 9th so it won't work until the 9th shows up in the date options?

There were no wp8 Nokia phones available to buy before the 9th I don't think.

We didn't really expect this to be plain sailing now did we ? Lol
    When I bought my phone and set it up yesterday there was nothing asking me to activate the phone so to speak so technically you could put the latest date in the field and potentially Nokia could be none the wiser..****, I'll play the lab rat and put a request in..see where we go from there :P
    Regards
    SpencerUk
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by prjkthack View Post
    This is a UK-only offer, which means its not valid for those of us in the US. Just look at the form and you can clearly see this is not made for a US audience (colour? town? the phone number to call for assistance?).

If you are in the US, the only way to get a free charger would have been through AT&T. Period.
    To be fair, a lot of the Menus within the Lumia 920 spell things the same exact way...

Is the unique code a 9 character code? I type my IMEI but it is invalid.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    This is for the UK only!
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Definitely not for US. The European date format on the page holder and media implied our only source of that deal was att. :(

Tried a random code too, but my IMIE is invalid - must be a different numeric range for phones sold in Germany to UK as my imported one isn't recognised.
    Oh well, worth a try.