Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mase123987

Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    On all the different sites on Mobile Nations and other places, a lot of people claim they love all tech things and then bash anyone who isn't all about a particular company or OS. I see it ALL the time. To me, people who claim to love tech so much should be able to see the positives in different OSs and companies instead of just bashing anyone who says device "b" has a better feature than (for example) wp8. So to my point: I met with someone from craigslist to buy a Nexus 7 off of them (how can you say no to a Nexus 7 in perfect condition for $100?), We were able to talk about what we liked about it, the iPad, the Surface, etc. This is why I put it in this forum: Another device we talked about was my 920. He had seen it in stores but was still wow'd (literally said it a couple times) by the looks of the white version, a picture I took and the screen on the phone. It was clear the WP has never been his first choice so it was nice to get that reaction. It was a good, quick discussion (and a civil one) to have and not be told, "Your dumb for complimenting another OS while complaining about this OS." This forum seemed so much more nice and friendly to talk about anything when I first joined back in March/April. Hopefully it can get back to that... PS: I know this should be several paragraphs but the enter key isn't working for me in this new forum setup...
    Thanked by:
    Sanpd likes this.

Totally agree, but with more people and popularity comes more trolls. But yeah, I'm a huge tech geek, I still play with apple things ipad mini was pretty cool since it was so small, I really want to try out the new nexus phone.

But yeah it's a windows phone forum honestly the fanboism is gonna come out a little.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    +Eleventy-Billion

Here here. I'm a big Microsoft fan, but you got to tip your hat to cool stuff wherever you see it. Note - enter doesn't work for me either. Running IE10 on Win8.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rushandy View Post
    Here here. I'm a big Microsoft fan, but you got to tip your hat to cool stuff wherever you see it. Note - enter doesn't work for me either. Running IE10 on Win8.
    Enter doesn't work for me either, Running IE10 on Win8.
    People who feel the need to defend an OS so vehemently likely are just trying to convince themselves they made the best decision. I can't make up my mind, so I blow way too much money every year to have them all. I figure it's healtheir than a drug addiction. But that is just a different type of justification in and of itself. ;)
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I just love technology in general and I'm amazed at what developers are able to come up with next to wow us. I was an Android fanboy, a Linux fanboy and even a Palm fanboy for the longest time. I could easily find something I like in iOS that isn't implemented nearly as well in Android and Windows Phone. I miss the card system from WebOS, being able to flick app cards when you were done with a program. When I could take my tiny Palm Pre and load up over one hundred windows of applications and not get a 'too many cards' error, I flipped. It was like the little engine that could.

I like the fact I can push and hold the camera button on my Lumia and get the camera going when I want to take a picture. On Android devices I liked that I could hook it up to my PC and run a script to root my phone and install whatever I wanted to on it. With Palm I liked that it had a desktop application that I syncronized all my data to. I could link it other programs and services if I wanted to, but it had its own ecosystem. I miss that. For all that things an OS can get right, it can still mange to get a few wrong. It can be frustrating that the "best" OS can have its limitations, but nothing is perfect. Windows Phone 8.1, 8.8, 8.9, 9.0, 10...they could all be better. They could fix everything we hate and have one silly limitation that causes the phone to require you to sign into your Microsoft account every time you turn it on. The fanboys will say it is an awesome level of security.

Oh, enter button works for me running Windows 7, IE 8. (Yes, my employer is behind the times)
    Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    On all the different sites on Mobile Nations and other places, a lot of people claim they love all tech things and then bash anyone who isn't all about a particular company or OS. I see it ALL the time. To me, people who claim to love tech so much should be able to see the positives in different OSs and companies instead of just bashing anyone who says device "b" has a better feature than (for example) wp8. So to my point: I met with someone from craigslist to buy a Nexus 7 off of them (how can you say no to a Nexus 7 in perfect condition for $100?), We were able to talk about what we liked about it, the iPad, the Surface, etc. This is why I put it in this forum: Another device we talked about was my 920. He had seen it in stores but was still wow'd (literally said it a couple times) by the looks of the white version, a picture I took and the screen on the phone. It was clear the WP has never been his first choice so it was nice to get that reaction. It was a good, quick discussion (and a civil one) to have and not be told, "Your dumb for complimenting another OS while complaining about this OS." This forum seemed so much more nice and friendly to talk about anything when I first joined back in March/April. Hopefully it can get back to that... PS: I know this should be several paragraphs but the enter key isn't working for me in this new forum setup...
    Every Mobile operating system has its strengths and its weakness. I however like to be as objective and as straight forward as i can with fanboys and geeks alike. I have only ever bought nokia phones my entire life, owned every major high end nokia device that was on the market (the N series nokia devices) , never bought an apple iphone or an andriod device. But i have tried them out and messed around with them alot. They never appealed to me for technical reasons. The main factor is me coming from a long line of open source OS such as Maemo and Meego and being spoilt in that i can do whatever i wanted with my phone to my hearts content without being closed out of certain aspects of the OS.

I appreciate the simplicity of IOS and the design of the iphone, the problem i have with that OS is that is too tightly closed by apple and they dictate what you can do with it after you have spent your hard earned cash on their device. But apple IOS has the apps to back it up and eventually windows phone 8 OS will get to those heights eventually. IOS was once a beginner like windows phone 8 remember that folks.

I appreciate the feature set of Andriod and how much you can do with it, customizable yes etc. My problem with andriod is that as a mobile OS it is a poorly coded , cluttered and written OS hence the reason for the outrageous specs of components to enable it to even run as smoothly as it attempts too. High specs processors , lots of ram and the huge battery to power those power hungry components inside. And after all that the OS still lags and stutters. This is why windows phone 8 OS is such a breath of fresh air, it doesnt need those outrageous specs to run smoothly because its a very well coded and written OS from the ground up. That is why a single core or a dual core processor power Windows phone 8 OS will always run rings around any andriod device any day of the week, twice on sunday, and if you are thinking am talking up windows phone 8, am not ,its just pure technical facts. Even apple's co founder the woz stated windows phone 8 is a real innovation and a breath of fresh air and he think microsoft will have huge success with it.

But like i said , i look at things from a technical standpoint, the majority of folks dont cuz quite simply they dont know better. Hence the reason the fanboyism comes into play across the spectrum.