Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. EG8196's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    74 Posts
       #1  
    Hi,
    I have replaced my Lumia 920 5 times, (dead pixel, dent out of box, etc...)
    I got 3 unlocked and 2 locked
    1st unlocked (manufactured week: 43 of 2012)
    2nd unlocked (manufactured week: 43 of 2012)
    3rd locked (manufactured week: 45 of 2012)
    4th locked (manufactured week: 45 of 2012)
    5th unlocked (manufactured week: 44 of 2012)

    I think all 920s before 45th week are unlocked
    Thanked by:
  2. JaimitoFrog's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    257 Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by EG8196 View Post
    Hi,
    I have replaced my Lumia 920 5 times, (dead pixel, dent out of box, etc...)
    I got 3 unlocked and 2 locked
    1st unlocked (manufactured week: 43 of 2012)
    2nd unlocked (manufactured week: 43 of 2012)
    3rd locked (manufactured week: 45 of 2012)
    4th locked (manufactured week: 45 of 2012)
    5th unlocked (manufactured week: 44 of 2012)

    I think all 920s before 45th week are unlocked
    besides locked status, any diff between the two?

    btw, do these have Rogers branding on the bezel, or just Nokia?
  3. Dos101's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by EG8196 View Post
    Hi,
    I have replaced my Lumia 920 5 times, (dead pixel, dent out of box, etc...)
    I got 3 unlocked and 2 locked
    1st unlocked (manufactured week: 43 of 2012)
    2nd unlocked (manufactured week: 43 of 2012)
    3rd locked (manufactured week: 45 of 2012)
    4th locked (manufactured week: 45 of 2012)
    5th unlocked (manufactured week: 44 of 2012)

    I think all 920s before 45th week are unlocked
    Where do you find the manufacture date? Is it on the box?
    Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-937 w/ 64GB MicroSD card
    Microsoft Surface 2 32GB w/ Type Cover 2

    Smartphone History: iPhone 3G 8GB -> iPhone 4 8GB -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Nexus S -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Lumia 900 -> Lumia 920 -> Lumia 1520

    My Blog: PixelWin

    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...25834/xboxone/

  4. EG8196's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    74 Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos101 View Post
    Where do you find the manufacture date? Is it on the box?
    yes on the IMEI sticker (right side)
  5. EG8196's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    74 Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JaimitoFrog View Post
    besides locked status, any diff between the two?

    btw, do these have Rogers branding on the bezel, or just Nokia?
    Just Nokia
    I also found that the bottom three buttons on 45th week+ 920s are much whiter.
  6. Balkan Eddy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by EG8196 View Post
    Hi,
    I have replaced my Lumia 920 5 times, (dead pixel, dent out of box, etc...)
    I got 3 unlocked and 2 locked
    1st unlocked (manufactured week: 43 of 2012)
    2nd unlocked (manufactured week: 43 of 2012)
    3rd locked (manufactured week: 45 of 2012)
    4th locked (manufactured week: 45 of 2012)
    5th unlocked (manufactured week: 44 of 2012)

    I think all 920s before 45th week are unlocked
    Do you guys look for defects with the microscope?
    I have 3 at home and none of them has any defects,no dead pixels, no dust, no dents, no battery issues etc..
    Looks some of you guys are trying really hard to find any defects you can, just enjoy the phone, or im just too lucky or dont care about 2 microscopic particles of dust :P

    Anyways back to the topic are they fully unlocked or just you can use Fido sim on them.

    I have 2 920's 45 of 2012 and they both take FIDO sims so looks like they are unlocked too.
  7. EG8196's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    74 Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Balkan Eddy View Post
    Do you guys look for defects with the microscope?
    I have 3 at home and none of them has any defects,no dead pixels, no dust, no dents, no battery issues etc..
    Looks some of you guys are trying really hard to find any defects you can, just enjoy the phone, or im just too lucky or dont care about 2 microscopic particles of dust :P

    Anyways back to the topic are they fully unlocked or just you can use Fido sim on them.

    I have 2 920's 45 of 2012 and they both take FIDO sims so looks like they are unlocked too.
    I paid almost $700 for, is there a problem to get a perfect one?
    And the dead pixels/dents were very obvious.

    Fully unlocked (works on telus and wind)
  8. gbx5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    54 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Balkan Eddy View Post
    Do you guys look for defects with the microscope?
    I have 3 at home and none of them has any defects,no dead pixels, no dust, no dents, no battery issues etc..
    Looks some of you guys are trying really hard to find any defects you can, just enjoy the phone, or im just too lucky or dont care about 2 microscopic particles of dust :P

    Anyways back to the topic are they fully unlocked or just you can use Fido sim on them.

    I have 2 920's 45 of 2012 and they both take FIDO sims so looks like they are unlocked too.

    You have three none of them have dead pixels or dents....Cool, but OP does, so I guess he has to suck it up and deal with it right?

    Please try to think before you post...
  9. tai4de2's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    110 Posts
    #9  
    Fido and Rogers are related so I doubt being able to use on Fido means that the device is unlocked. You have to try on Wind or T-Mo etc.
  10. EG8196's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    74 Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by EG8196 View Post
    I paid almost $700 for, is there a problem to get a perfect one?
    And the dead pixels/dents were very obvious.

    Fully unlocked (works on telus and wind)
    Quote Originally Posted by tai4de2 View Post
    Fido and Rogers are related so I doubt being able to use on Fido means that the device is unlocked. You have to try on Wind or T-Mo etc.
  11. Dr. Bombay's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by tai4de2 View Post
    Fido and Rogers are related so I doubt being able to use on Fido means that the device is unlocked. You have to try on Wind or T-Mo etc.

    The ones built after week 45 are locked. Fido will work, but any other providers SIM will not.
  12. mv740's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    46 Posts
    #12  
    i have a week 44 and it is still locked to rogers, when i tried with a telus sim card, it asked me for the unlock code
  13. Simon Tupper's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    775 Posts
    #13  
    I know for a fact that Rogers could not have replaced your Lumia 920 because Rogers failed to deliver, which is quite unlikely for you to get 5 different Lumias while most people could not even get one since there was almost none in store...
  14. ryzama's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #14  
    I'm curious about the white home keys at the buttom I have a Rogers Lumia and they do have a yellow tint to them that annoys me. Not sure if I should exchange it over that.
  15. snailium's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    #15  
    I just bought a new Lumia 920 manufactured on week 44. And it is locked to Rogers.
  16. FastNFluid's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #16  
    Mine is unlocked
  17. Dr. Bombay's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    #17  
    Did it come unlocked or did you get it unlocked? It the former, when did you get it from Rogers?

Posting Permissions

B