- 11-14-2012, 10:18 PM #1
the iPhone5 is going up on eBay and I'm keeping the Lumia 920.
At first I was annoyed at some of the little things that the iPhone did and the Lumia didn't. But it soon turned the other way around.
My top ten little things
10) I am not forced to have a unified email inbox
9) The camera app works seamlessly with other edit and export apps (e.g. Flickr)
8) Can wake up the phone with the camera button
7) Can use the screen with gloves on!
6) I can get my SMS messages spoken automatically and reply - with the phone in my
pocket. Quite handy when you are dealing with a couple little ones and your wife
5) The back button. How'd I live with out this? :lol:
4) The camera flash is a great flash lite (I can see now when I take the dog out)
3) The stock Nokia sound effects
2) Stock Nokia apps are some of the best I've never heard of. Drive FTW!
1) Office rocks. Was able to open a complicated macro Excel file for work today. Nice!
- 11-14-2012, 10:25 PM #2
I just purchased my first wp device too after 3 generations of iPhones. I was a bit nervous about the switch but after playing with the lumia for a day....not goin back anytime soon. The app situation is a bit of a bummer but I think itll improve once more people get on wp8
- 11-14-2012, 10:35 PM #5
Yeah, I moving from one ecosystem to another is tough. It's the apps and its the nuances of the OS/Hardware that you don't even realize you use until they are gone. But I've used the Lumia enough to know I personally like it more than the iPhone5. Hardware AND OS. Looking forward to seeing how MS moves WP8 forward....
- 11-14-2012, 10:38 PM #7Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!
Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
11-14-2012, 10:40 PM #8
- 120 Posts
- 11-15-2012, 06:11 AM #10
11-15-2012, 06:30 AM #12
- 845 Posts
Though, I have an e-mail address I use quite frequently through my dad's web company and the spam filter through it is not that good. So I can get tons of spam e-mail (not nearly as much as we used to). I wish the email app flagged junk mail either more reliably or period. But, its easy enough to delete things. Just time consuming.Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
God's work, our hands.
Preaching the Gospel.
Holding a Windows Phone.
11-15-2012, 08:08 AM #17
- 293 Posts
Glad to see you changed your mind and are sticking with WP. Welcome to the club... feels great doesn't it?Windows - Surface RT
Windows Phone - Dell Venue Pro | Nokia Lumia 920 | Nokia Lumia 1520
Windows Mobile - i-mate SP5 | HTC 8525 | HTC Touch HD
11-15-2012, 08:42 AM #19
- 57 Posts
Welcome to the WP8 fan club!!!
I ended up returning back my iphone 5 for awesome looking Lumia 920!!!
I have been using the phone for than a week now and I am very happy with it.
On the unified email inbox. I have both my gmail and outlook inbox pin up to the start screen and they are certainly not unified.
- 11-15-2012, 09:15 AM #22
- 11-15-2012, 09:57 AM #23
I did also say good bye to my iPhone! Now, after 10 days of using my new incredible Lumia 920, I do miss the Crapple stuff not a bit. WP8 and the Lumia 920 fit perfect and it is a sysmtematic further development of the iPhone 4s (much more than the iPhone 5).
I am really looking forward for what will come next. Nokia and M$ did a very good job! Especially when keeping in mind that this is a all new os running on a brand new hardware!
I used to be a Apple-Fanboy...but now I am going to be a Lumia 920 fanboy