Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Just FYI to help anyone with battery issues...

I got my phone 9:00am Friday and through out the weekend tried to justify to my self that the 12-14 hours of battery life was acceptable. But what really killed me was the amount of battery drain during stand by!... I knew that just couldn't be right. So after trying the full battery drain and full charge a few times with only minor improvements I decided to "reset to factory" last night

Completely changed the phone!... Hardly any battery drain during stand by, I'm noticing about 1% an hour now! And instead of it dying in 12 hours im on track for 24! And this is with more use as I spent about an hour reloading email accounts and apps

So for anyone having sub 18 hours of battery life PLEASE try resetting your phone!
    Last edited by thefrooog; 11-14-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Screen shot attached...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20121114_0002.jpg  

WOW!. I can't wait to try this. GREAT FIND
    WPmunkey likes this.

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Yeah this time learning my lesson with the Lumia 900 I performed a factory reset BEFORE I loaded up all my apps.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrooog View Post
    Just FYI to help anyone with battery issues...

I got my phone 9:00am Friday and through out the weekend tried to justify to my self that the 12-14 hours of battery life was acceptable. But what really killed me was the amount of battery drain during stand by!... I knew that just couldn't be right. So after trying the full battery drain and full charge a few times with only minor improvements I decided to "reset to factory" last night

Completely changed the phone!... Hardly any battery drain during stand by, I'm noticing about 1% an hour now! And instead of it dying in 12 hours im on track for 24! And this is with more use as I spent about an hour reloading email accounts and apps

So for anyone having sub 18 hours of battery life PLEASE try resetting your phone!
    Thought instructions might be appropriate. How to: Hard Reset the Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820

I'm trying it now. We'll see over the next few days.

My phone gets delivered in the morning. Should I hard reset before doing anything else with it?
    ibbyj likes this.

It wouldn't hurt (takes like 5 min)... and definitely better then having to reload everything if you decide you need to do it latter.

Also I did NOT restore from a backup when I did this, just a clean install.

Thanks bryan_05 for the link
    Thanked by:
    rcasey 

Not doubting you but what's the logic that would make factory resetting help battery life?

No idea (I'm not an electrical engineer by any means lol)... but it definitely made a difference me.

Global Posts
    2,413 Global Posts
    A factory data reset (FDR) is a normal procedure for Android owners. It was the first thing I did to all my Android phones, and it made all the difference in the world.
    ibbyj likes this.

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    I suggested people try restoring their phones last week when the battery issue first appeared lol. Anyways it's good advice.
    Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-937 w/ 64GB MicroSD card
    Microsoft Surface 2 32GB w/ Type Cover 2

Smartphone History: iPhone 3G 8GB -> iPhone 4 8GB -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Nexus S -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Lumia 900 -> Lumia 920 -> Lumia 1520

My Blog: PixelWin

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...25834/xboxone/

Thanked by:
    ibbyj and Saravanan Ganesh like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by upupandawol View Post
    WOW!. I can't wait to try this. GREAT FIND
    That post combined with the picture = hilarious
    RiseAgainst94 likes this.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I wonder if this would also fix freezes, I've had 1 each day the past two days.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Is this the setting under settings/about then scroll to the bottom and select "reset my phone"?

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebaneeezor View Post
    Is this the setting under settings/about then scroll to the bottom and select "reset my phone"?
    Check the link in post #5.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I backed up my phone before resetting. Will it make a difference if I restore all my previous settings from my backup after the hard reset?

Global Posts
    867 Global Posts
    Didnt do much for me, tried it this morning. :(I do use google though so i did the work around as suggested for the bug with gmail.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_05 View Post
    Thought instructions might be appropriate. How to: Hard Reset the Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820

I'm trying it now. We'll see over the next few days.
    Do the same steps apply for the 8X? I'm planning to get my 8X tomorrow and first thing to hard reset it. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Ebaneeezor View Post
    I wonder if this would also fix freezes, I've had 1 each day the past two days.
    Freezes? I did not experience that at all, but yeah restoring It should get rid of the problem.

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    So I tried a hard reset and that was a bad idea for me. My phone now won't make it past the Nokia boot screen. I've tried doing the soft and hard reset button combos multiple times still nothing. Ugh.

Is this essentially the same thing as the "Reset your Phone" option under the ABOUT section of setting?

Hm, just tried the hard reset using the physical buttons...

Holding Volume Down, Camera, and Power... after the vibration, I let go of the Power and continue to hold the other two. No luck, it just continues to boot normally. Am I doing something wrong?

Does the software reset in settings do the same thing?

Thanks.

I wouldn't do this guys, your phone should already be reset to factory settings out of the box. And I read that the hard reset is really hard on the battery, if you haven't cycled your phone many times yet, you could brick it.

How long should this process take? Been going for about 35 minutes now. Worried that something has gone wrong

Global Posts
    3,498 Global Posts
    Ironically I did a reset today as well (switched my hotmail to outlook.com) and I too have noticed improvement in my battery life.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast