Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    654 Global Posts
    Then you should try sending it back...

I know some of you guys may be a little more extensive than me but this is what I'm getting with:

3 email accounts
    Engadget
    Locations services
    WP Central
    Wifi
    Weather App,
    USA Today
    Metrotube
    Foursquare

running in the background. Also have had 2 hour long conversations constant text messages throughout the day and I still have yet to put the battery on charge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails brag.jpg  

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    I've dropped from 100% to 80% in 1hr 30 min and I've spent a total of 5 minutes online and 3 text sent 2 3 min phone calls. I'm at 80% with 9hr left it sayd

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    After sending that lost now I'm at 77%.i only have battery monitor running in the background and this is my first full charge. Just got the phone ladt night st 8pm

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewayz8 View Post

I know some of you guys may be a little more extensive than me but this is what I'm getting with:

3 email accounts
    Engadget
    Locations services
    WP Central
    Wifi
    Weather App,
    USA Today
    Metrotube
    Foursquare

running in the background. Also have had 2 hour long conversations constant text messages throughout the day and I still have yet to put the battery on charge.
    WOAH.... holy ****, if I could only!!! I'm running setting similar to what you have going, and I'm luck to get 16 hours as of today. Wow... color me green with envy!
    Cingular (2001-2003) - Nokia 5190 > Nokia 3360
    Nextel (2003-2007) - i1000+ > i90c > i720 > i830 > i275 > i860 > i870
    AT&T (2007 to Present) - Treo 680 > iPhone 8GB > iPhone 3G 16GB > Moto Q9h Global >
    iPhone 3G 16GB > iPhone 3GS 16GB > HTC Inspire 4G > Samsung Focus > HTC HD7S >
    Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 920 > Nokia Lumia 1520

Can you please clarify what sync setting you have set for your email accounts?

Also, im at 100% battery est. 6 hours remaining - lol

Global Posts
    654 Global Posts
    2 of my email accounts I have running hourly while my main email account I have check every 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by nico002 View Post
    Can you please clarify what sync setting you have set for your email accounts?

Also, im at 100% battery est. 6 hours remaining - lol
    What does it say when you hit 99%? Mine yesterday said 100% - 10 hours left. then went down to 99% and said it had enough to last 1 day, 10 hours... or something like that.
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

My battery life was awful for the first charge or 2 but now it is easily lasting from 7 AM to 10PM with about 6 email accounts including an exchange account, still getting apps installed(610 so far.. yes I'm an app addict) that I had on my 900 and playing with the camera. I think it is like every other smartphone I have had and it takes a couple of cycles to condition the battery.

Global Posts
    654 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasFann View Post
    My battery life was awful for the first charge or 2 but now it is easily lasting from 7 AM to 10PM with about 6 email accounts including an exchange account, still getting apps installed(610 so far.. yes I'm an app addict) that I had on my 900 and playing with the camera. I think it is like every other smartphone I have had and it takes a couple of cycles to condition the battery.
    Agreed when I first got the phone from the store it was half charged and it ran it almost all the way dead installing apps and my accounts and such. Charged it all the way up and then ran it down again to about 25% then I charged it again. Now this is where I'm at.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewayz8 View Post

3 email accounts
    Engadget
    Locations services
    WP Central
    Wifi
    Weather App,
    USA Today
    Metrotube
    Foursquare

I'm getting similar battery life though not quite as good. At the moment its been off charge for 6 hours and currently on 74% with an estimated 1 day and 23 hours remaining. (This estimate fluctuates a lot depending on how heavy the recent usage is, very similar to the range displayed on my cars computer.)

The battery seems to be getting better and better with each overnight charge so for those having initial problems, give it a few days to settle down. Mine was really bad before it got its first overnight charge.

Global Posts
    2,332 Global Posts
    When I unplug in the morning, I'm at 100%, or 3 days, 1 hours.

In normal 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM day, I'll have between 70%-80% battery left. That's some phone calls, plenty of text messages, some camera and browsing.

The first couple of days my batter life sucked though.

Getting better than expected battery life here. I'm trying to run the battery all the way down then a full recharge. The dam thing won't shut off though.

I've only had the phone for a few days but I can say the battery life is 100% better than my Sammy Focus.
    ibbyj likes this.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    2 email set to 1hr 3 texts 2 3 min phone calls and on this site for about 10 min total . Only 1 full charge on the phone. I got it last night
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...DKpIvqd6Gl5M54

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...BvhigqbkINdn5Y

Global Posts
    654 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    2 email set to 1hr 3 texts 2 3 min phone calls and on this site for about 10 min total . Only 1 full charge on the phone. I got it last night
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...DKpIvqd6Gl5M54

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...BvhigqbkINdn5Y
    Dang that's real short... but I would let it run down first before giving it another full charge.
    I know 3 people that have this phone. None of them have any issues whatsoever and all say their battery life is solid. Hopefully my Cyan will be the same when I get it.

My battery life is terrible right now. Last night was the first full charge. I am at 69% after 3 hours and I haven't used it once.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    Getting better than expected battery life here. I'm trying to run the battery all the way down then a full recharge. The dam thing won't shut off though.

I've only had the phone for a few days but I can say the battery life is 100% better than my Sammy Focus.
    Windows Phone devices turn on while charging.

again, what are everyones email sync settings? (15 mins, 30 mins, as they come, etc)

Global Posts
    2,332 Global Posts
    again, what are everyones email sync settings? (15 mins, 30 mins, as they come, etc)
    3 accounts, all set for push (as mail arrives).

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    My battery dropped from 100% at around 7 am to 86% now at 830 am. All I've done since taking it off the charger is to check facebook (mobile site, not the app), check twitter through the app, delete two emails, and refresh parcel tracker three times. I wish I got battery like yours. On another note, when it dropped from 100 to 99, it went from saying like 10 hours remaining to 9 days remaining on battery.

I hadn't noticed battery issues until last night.

I got home from work and plugged my phone in - that's just what I normally do.

The wife and I watched some TV and waited on the kids to go to bed. I unplugged my phone and went to the store to get my eldest son the new Call of Duty: Black Ops II game for his Birthday. This was around 10:00.

When I got back I just went to bed and left all my stuff in my pants pockets - including my phone which was at full charge when I left. This morning, when I pulled my phone out it was dead as a doornail. This was at ~6:30AM.

Looking at my battery life now, it is at 59% and says I have ~7 hours left. It's been plugged in since about 7:00 AM (save for about ten minutes walk time to walk into the building at work).

I'm thoroghly unimpressed with two things:
    1) The fact it drained so fast and it's taking SO long to charge. My iPhone 4 would take a full charge in what seemed like less than an hour. Maybe I'm wrong there - but going on 2.5 hours I would think we should be seeing something more than 60%.

2) The inexcusable lack of a method to forcibly terminate running applications. Something probably had GPS hung open or who knows what - there's no telling and no doubt MS will blame Nokia who will blame MS and then a plethora of third party app developers will get blamed and ultimately - why the heck can't I close an app? Seriously?

That really frustrated me - I don't like not having control of my device and not being able to terminate apps means I don't have control. When the battery dies yee who was in control is repsonsible - and yee is Microsoft. They want to own that control - now they've shown themselves wanting.

The frustrating part is that I don't know if it's the phone, the batter, or the software. I think it's the software, but I can't say because I can't control it.

It's unfortunate, because I really like the Nokia Lumia 920, but... I've got 3 of these things on my account now. My Wife's, my own, and my eldest son's is pending shipment (he wanted Yellow). There's a real good chance they're going to get all 3 back because of the WP8 OS and not the hardware.

3 emails and facebook notifications set to push.

I went from 6 hours until completely dead to now running 15 hours, including 5 hours of netflix streaming and 40% battery remaining. Conditioning the battery and disabling background apps made a spectacular difference.

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    yeah I have mine all set up the way I want it I checked my battery life and it was saying 3 days left but I think that is just a calibration issue at the moment I will see how it goes after a week.

Global Posts
    2,332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Prophet View Post
    I hadn't noticed battery issues until last night.

I got home from work and plugged my phone in - that's just what I normally do.

The wife and I watched some TV and waited on the kids to go to bed. I unplugged my phone and went to the store to get my eldest son the new Call of Duty: Black Ops II game for his Birthday. This was around 10:00.
    That really frustrated me - I don't like not having control of my device and not being able to terminate apps means I don't have control. When the battery dies yee who was in control is repsonsible - and yee is Microsoft. They want to own that control - now they've shown themselves wanting.

The frustrating part is that I don't know if it's the phone, the batter, or the software. I think it's the software, but I can't say because I can't control it.

It's unfortunate, because I really like the Nokia Lumia 920, but... I've got 3 of these things on my account now. My Wife's, my own, and my eldest son's is pending shipment (he wanted Yellow). There's a real good chance they're going to get all 3 back because of the WP8 OS and not the hardware.
    I think the real question here is: how is Black Ops??

Seriously though, can you remember an app you may have installed that could be causing the drain? With every new OS come a lot of developers jumping on the band wagon writing crappy code and publishing apps that are no where ready for prime time.

As far as running apps, go to Settings --> Applications -- >Background Tasks and see if anything is running.

I pulled my phone off the charger yesterday at 4:00 pm.

Played games all night, used navigation on way home, surfed a lot, recorded to 1080P vids and watched them probably 10-15 times each.

JUST put my phone on the charger and it is at 77%

I used to have battery issues until I did the following:

1. Had 3 solid leave it on the charger and don't touch it nights.
    2. Did a hard reset.
    3. Blocked Nokia Drive <-- don't know if that has anything to do with it though

This battery is definitely better than my iPhone4's battery
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast