Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Hi,

i got my current black L920 on Satruday from P4U shop for 459 but my battery life is getting worse 6-7 hours max. So i'm thinking of returning the phone to P4U and at the same time buy it from EE. Save me 60.

Is it true that EE are doing the L920 for 399 PAYG? if so, do i have to get one from a store Or can i order one online? Went to a couple of LEEDS EE shop but they had no clue.

thanks

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    right been to another EE shop and they said they will sell me the Lumia 920 on Orange for 399.

But ive got a t-mobile sim, will this work?

Can i get the Lumia 920 unlocked from the net?

I bought mine PAYG on Orange to use with a T-Mobile sim and it works. A Virgin sim would work too. They also gave me the free wireless charger and some headphones, so make sure you get these as well!

Im gonna try this out in manchester tonight after work an see how I get on.

I'll let you know if i'm successful or not.

Any idea if they are advertising about the free charger and headphones in store or online or is it a 'surprise' when you buy the phone? I'd like something to fall back on if they try to deny me them!

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_McG84 View Post
    Im gonna try this out in manchester tonight after work an see how I get on.

I'll let you know if i'm successful or not.

Any idea if they are advertising about the free charger and headphones in store or online or is it a 'surprise' when you buy the phone? I'd like something to fall back on if they try to deny me them!
    are you going to try a t-mobile sim ina orange L920 phone? If so defo let me know how you get on.

I asked in the store if a wireless plate comes free with it and was told YES.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simsini View Post
    I bought mine PAYG on Orange to use with a T-Mobile sim and it works. A Virgin sim would work too. They also gave me the free wireless charger and some headphones, so make sure you get these as well!
    If this is true then im going to get one tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by misterRafter View Post
    are you going to try a t-mobile sim ina orange L920 phone? If so defo let me know how you get on.

I asked in the store if a wireless plate comes free with it and was told YES.
    No i was gonna try a virgin sim, but i dont see why i couldnt pick up a t-mobile one an try that too

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    No i was gonna try a virgin sim, but i dont see why i couldnt pick up a t-mobile one an try that too
    If you can try a tmobile sim too that will be excellent.. So you gona get back to us in the evening :)

Quote Originally Posted by misterRafter View Post
    If you can try a tmobile sim too that will be excellent.. So you gona get back to us in the evening :)
    I'll do my best to, with or without a phone!

I wonder why this 399 price is not advertised anywhere on any of the EE websites. Fail :/

The lady wasn't sure about the free wireless charger, so checked (I presume) an internal email which stated that it came free with all new connections. She then said that as this was a new connection I would get the charger.

The free headphones are advertised by various posters instore. They are free with any PAYG phone over 50.

And for anyone still in doubt, I am currently using mine with a T-Mobile sim when it was sold as an Orange PAYG phone. It definitely 100% works. :)
    Last edited by simsini; 11-14-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simsini View Post
    The lady wasn't sure about the free wireless charger, so checked (I presume) and internal email which stated that it came free with all new connections. She then said that as this was a new connection I would get the charger.

The free headphones are advertised by various posters instore. They are free with any PAYG phone over 50.

And for anyone still in doubt, I am currently using mine with a T-Mobile sim when it was sold as an Orange PAYG phone. It definitely 100% works. :)
    wicked. tomorrow going to give my P4U L920 back and pick up one from EE. Hope i dont have any of the issues im having at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by luckylifo View Post
    I wonder why this 399 price is not advertised anywhere on any of the EE websites. Fail :/
    When I bought mine in Tunbridge Wells, they said that they could sell the contract phones on Orange as PAYG, yet other stores told me they could only sell them on contract alone. Some stores only had the contract prices on the display and other had the PAYG price on display as well.

It must be to do with commission or targets they need to meet.

So operation 'buy a lumia 920' was a total failure!

Of the six, yes six!!, EE shops I went into none of them had any non-contract lumias to sell.
    Oh well looks like I'm stuck waiting for the EE 'express' delivery service to turn up!

The lumia 940 will be out by the time I get my hands on this one.

Apologies for my failures

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    So operation 'buy a lumia 920' was a total failure!

Of the six, yes six!!, EE shops I went into none of them had any non-contract lumias to sell.
    Oh well looks like I'm stuck waiting for the EE 'express' delivery service to turn up!

The lumia 940 will be out by the time I get my hands on this one.

Apologies for my failures
    No need to apologise. I'll test it tomorrow n let you know

I find it unbelievable t-mobile/orange/EE are stocking shops over selling these to customers who have ordered online or through customer services.

I know of several people who have gone into a shop to get one and cancelled their online order.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent920 View Post
    I know of several people who have gone into a shop to get one and cancelled their online order.
    I was sorely tempted to do this tonight but I simply cant justify paying 160 for the phone upfront when I only paid 20 for it on my pre-order.

Had a little play with a white 920 in one of the shops, this made it even harder to resist the temptation to buy it there and then!

t-mobile can't even give an estimated date. Pretty annoying when some people have had them from phones4u ON T-MOBILE for a week now. :@

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    guess what, EE dont have any L920 left on 'Orange' at the moment for them to sell me it for 399.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    someone help me here please,

found a store that has an orange L920 for 399 but are clueless about the free charger that comes with it. Do you usually get that from the store or is it ordered online once you have the phone?

what do i do

Just got a 'Stock Update' sms off EE which states:

"Hi from EE. Just to let you know we haven't forgotten about your new phone. We'll be in touch soon to let you know when it's on the way. Thanks for your patience."

Light at the end of the tunnel or a false dawn?

I was 90% sure I was gonna cancel my pre-order and buy one on contract in town tonight, now I dont know what to do!

Anyone in the same situation?
    What you gonna do?

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I can confirm I picked up an Orange PAYG 399 (+10 topup) Lumia 920 from an EE store on Monday. The following SIM cards all work with my handset: Orange, T-Mobile, Virgin.

I also got a free wireless charger and free headphones (free with any Orange PAYG handset over 50). The store i visited only had a single PAYG Lumia 920 in stock, and the other EE stores i phoned didn't have any.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by farooknaji View Post
    I can confirm I picked up an Orange PAYG 399 (+10 topup) Lumia 920 from an EE store on Monday. The following SIM cards all work with my handset: Orange, T-Mobile, Virgin.

I also got a free wireless charger and free headphones (free with any Orange PAYG handset over 50). The store i visited only had a single PAYG Lumia 920 in stock, and the other EE stores i phoned didn't have any.
    did you get the wireless charger n headphones in the store? or had to order online?

I just purchased one on PAYG from ee in westquay, southampton. Does anyone know how to unlock the phone? do any of the codes work? how can I flash the firmware? I have navifirm but not sure what to do from there.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbs View Post
    I just purchased one on PAYG from ee in westquay, southampton. Does anyone know how to unlock the phone? do any of the codes work? how can I flash the firmware? I have navifirm but not sure what to do from there.
    do you mean you got a wireless charger?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast