Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 49 of 49
  1. Andy_McG84's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    40 Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by misterRafter View Post
    do you mean you got a wireless charger?
    I'm pretty sure you should be handed the wireless charger and the headphones in store, thats the impression I got off the staff in Manchester last night
  2. Bourbs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by misterRafter View Post
    do you mean you got a wireless charger?
    I got the headphones but not the charger, the charger wasn't mentioned.
  3. misterRafter's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
       #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbs View Post
    I got the headphones but not the charger, the charger wasn't mentioned.
    the problem i have is, the store that will give me the wireless charger have no stock and the store that does have the stock but know nothing about the wireless charger. fuk faces
  4. Andy_McG84's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    40 Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by misterRafter View Post
    the problem i have is, the store that will give me the wireless charger have no stock and the store that does have the stock but know nothing about the wireless charger. fuk faces
    The EE stores I went into had a medium sized white sign with blue writing stating that every purchase of a lumia 920 or 820 would receive a free charging pad. It looked like an official Nokia sign (same font, colour etc) so it may have been in reference to the nokia website that you can apply for a charging pad through (Nokia Free Charger), this goes live tomorrow I believe.

    Bourbs I suggest you go back to the store you got your Lumia from and see if this sign exists there (it was in the wall with the pay monthly phones in the stores I visited), and ask the staff/manager to clarify how you obtain the charging pad.

    Just out of interest the EE website no longer states on the Lumia 920 details page that the a free charger pad comes with the phone, I sincerely hope they do not try to cheat me out of this as I will kick off big style if they do!! (they have to deliver the phone first tho)
  5. misterRafter's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
       #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_McG84 View Post
    The EE stores I went into had a medium sized white sign with blue writing stating that every purchase of a lumia 920 or 820 would receive a free charging pad. It looked like an official Nokia sign (same font, colour etc) so it may have been in reference to the nokia website that you can apply for a charging pad through (Nokia Free Charger), this goes live tomorrow I believe.

    Bourbs I suggest you go back to the store you got your Lumia from and see if this sign exists there (it was in the wall with the pay monthly phones in the stores I visited), and ask the staff/manager to clarify how you obtain the charging pad.

    Just out of interest the EE website no longer states on the Lumia 920 details page that the a free charger pad comes with the phone, I sincerely hope they do not try to cheat me out of this as I will kick off big style if they do!! (they have to deliver the phone first tho)
    where would you find this sign? on the box or on the display area?
  6. Andy_McG84's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    40 Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by misterRafter View Post
    where would you find this sign? on the box or on the display area?
    On the display area, it was close to the bottom
  7. misterRafter's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
       #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_McG84 View Post
    On the display area, it was close to the bottom
    problem is on all display theres no mention of PAYG
  8. gth1630's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by farooknaji View Post
    I can confirm I picked up an Orange PAYG 399 (+10 topup) Lumia 920 from an EE store on Monday. The following SIM cards all work with my handset: Orange, T-Mobile, Virgin.

    I also got a free wireless charger and free headphones (free with any Orange PAYG handset over 50). The store i visited only had a single PAYG Lumia 920 in stock, and the other EE stores i phoned didn't have any.
    I got the headphone but the store does not have the wireless charger in stock. Did you get the charger in their store or request online?
  9. misterRafter's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
       #34  
    right, going to the EE store tomorrow. The lady at the store seemed really nice and reserved me one with a free wireless charger. I will return my phone to P4U first.

    hope my t-mobile sim works in the ORANGE L920
  10. rushandy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
    #35  
    Hey mister,

    I purchased a 920 on payg (399 + 10 top up) from an EE store last night. Like you, the guy behind the counter didn't have a clue about the wireless charger. He thought these were for new contracts only, not payg. He phoned his boss who kind of confirmed this but clearly didn't know really either. The main problem was that the wireless charger wouldn't scan into the till properly, and was coming up as costing 40. He really wasn't for giving it to me, but I insisted it was a part of the deal everyone else seemed to be getting, payg OR contract. Eventually, he tried scanning the phone first as a payg sale, then scanning the wireless charger, and the charger came up at 0.00 when scanned after the phone. At that point he was happy to give it to me. It was hard work though.

    Like everyone else, I also got a pair of the Wesc headphones, which are quite nifty looking, but will probably end up on ebay.
  11. gth1630's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #36  
    I went to the store that I purchased again but they still insist they will not have wireless charger and not willing to ask their boss.
  12. #37  
    Those returning a P4U phone, what reason are you providing?

    I was refused return! Also, these 399 - what colour options do we have?
  13. rushandy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
    #38  
    Black only at EE on payg.
  14. misterRafter's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
       #39  
    Got my PAYG L920 from Orange works with TMobile sim. The fact is EE shops can sell a few L920s on PAYG Orange and just pick them out of the EE L920 batch of devices and sell them as Orange. (inside info). Got my wireless chargers and headphones.

    The excuse I used was that my battery life was shyt. I called P4U Customer services got a ref off them and went my local branch with my phone n ref. With a ref they have no choice coz going directly to P4U is head banging.
    Thanked by:
  15. Digital Moe's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    175 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    #40  
    I went to 4 EE shops today and only one would seek me a 920 but didn't have stock the other 3siad that I'd as contract only. Why is Nokia making it so hard to take my money.
  16. superfox's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    16 Posts
    #41  
    Just got mine from the EE store in N1 mall in Angel. They have more in stock. No wireless chargers though.cant wait to get this bad boy unlocked and start using it on Voda.
  17. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by misterRafter View Post
    Got my PAYG L920 from Orange works with TMobile sim. The fact is EE shops can sell a few L920s on PAYG Orange and just pick them out of the EE L920 batch of devices and sell them as Orange. (inside info). Got my wireless chargers and headphones.

    The excuse I used was that my battery life was shyt. I called P4U Customer services got a ref off them and went my local branch with my phone n ref. With a ref they have no choice coz going directly to P4U is head banging.
    I think I might have to do the same because in shop I was told unless the network (Orange) tells them that there is no orange coverage in my postcode, they can't cancel the contract for me. Was yours a contract or did you just buy it sim-free for 459.95?
  18. Bourbs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
    #43  
    I went to the EE store and asked about the free wireless charger. The employee went round the back and when he came out he said that the free wireless charger is only if you take out 4G contracts. I have another 2 EE stores in my city so I will ask in them tomorrow.
  19. farooknaji's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by misterRafter View Post
    did you get the wireless charger n headphones in the store? or had to order online?
    yup. I got the charger, though i actually received an empty box by mistake which they happily corrected when i returned. Also got the free headphones but they are a monstrosity which I'll be giving away.
  20. misterRafter's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
       #45  
    sorry for the late reply,

    when i originally got the L920 from P4U i paid 459. Pretty expensive but i was impatient and didnt know about any other deals. Then a week later, on this cool forum, i found out that EE were selling the L920 on Orange with a free wireless charger & headphones for 410 so instantly returned my L920 to P4U.

    Unfortunately not EE staff are clued up about what can be sold what cant be. You will always get mixed info from them that confuses you.

    Just go for it, EE, TMobile and Orange sims will work.
  21. rushandy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbs View Post
    I went to the EE store and asked about the free wireless charger. The employee went round the back and when he came out he said that the free wireless charger is only if you take out 4G contracts. I have another 2 EE stores in my city so I will ask in them tomorrow.
    They said that to me too (but about new contracts, not necessarily 4G ones), to be honest they were just making excuses because they weren't able to scan the charger through the till properly. It's clear the store havent really been given any clear guidelines as to when they should or shouldn't give them, away. I had to almost prise the damn thing out of their hands lol.

    Get them to scan the PAYG phone THEN scan the charger afterwards, if they do that the charger price comes up at 00.00 (instead of 39.99), this seemed to convince the guy that they should be given away for free with the handset. Worked for me. I wasn't leaving without that charger lol.
  22. Brent920's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    25 Posts
    #47  
    I contacted T-Mobile and they said it wasn't part of the deal.

    But if you go through Phones4U, you do get the charger. :/
  23. laney182's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    #48  
    went to the store yesterday the same one in which i got my 920, none in stock but the guy rang around and has reserved me one for free when they arrive next week (this is tmobile contract)
  24. timetex's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
    #49  
    I'm after some confirmation that PAYG phones sold on Orange are compatible with T-Mobile and EE SIMs, and that they qualify for the free charging plate.

    My tale of woe is as follows:

    10th Nov - visit EE store, port from TMUK to 4GEE, buy a new Nokia 920 in black. Phone / SIM untested in-store, but showing a SIM ERROR when I get home (presume it hasn't activated)
    11th Nov - still showing SIM ERROR, so contact CS who advise the SIM is faulty, and to visit a store to replace (quicker than posting out)
    12th Nov - visit store, they refuse to swap the SIM. Bit argument with CS, but nothing can be done.
    13th Nov - visit store, SIM swapped, lousy experience, and I'm basically thrown a phone and told to activate it myself. The guy in the store actually has called Orange CS, so much confusion... and no confidence it has activated. SIM in phone is working, but no data and with wrong number...
    13th Nov - late evening I phone CS to check it is activating properly. Advised that it isn't. New SIM ordered.
    14th Nov - visit store to complain, advised to wait til it activates (they are confident it will!)
    14th Nov - SIM activates! Phone works!
    14th Nov - 4 hours later, SIM deactivates. The new SIM sent out on 13th Nov is now active (but I'm away for the night so can't use it)
    15th Nov - get home, go to insert new, active SIM. Discover they've sent a NANO SIM. Shout at CS, new SIM ordered.
    20th Nov - new SIM arrives. Inserted into phone. Phone goes into eternal power cycle, so I try a hard reset, and it turns into a brick.
    20th Nov - phone CS, they cannot replace (no stock) nor can they get a store to swap it out as that isn't policy...

    So... right now, 11 days after buying, I've had about 4 hours service, and now have a working SIM and a brick for a phone. I just want to go back to my old TMUK contract (3G but I had a 50% F&F discount) and then consider buying a PAYG Nokia 920 and putting my TMUK SIM in...

    But I don't want to find myself lumbered with an Orange PAYG phone which my TMUK SIM won't work in...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

B