Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    So the store opens this Friday at Yorkdale Mall near Toronto and the rumour is that red, white and black Lumia 920s will be sold.

Anyone involved or has actual concrete proof of this?

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekboyD View Post
    So the store opens this Friday at Yorkdale Mall near Toronto and the rumour is that red, white and black Lumia 920s will be sold.

Anyone involved or has actual concrete proof of this?
    it would be nice if MS decided to do so, and I would like MS sells unlocked phone at their store, too. I dont want to purchase a locked phone since I travel a lot, gonna come to Yorkdale this Fri to find out...

It's unlikely but I hope they separate the lines so it's one line for those wanting the concert tickets and another line for those wanting to buy their products. I don't want the tickets just have a red Lumia ready for me! :)

Concert tickets?
    I'm interested in trying out the Surface tablet. The touch-cover seems interesting.

I ordered my unlocked L920 online. Still hoping the MS store has them too

It's bad I can't be there Friday morning. I hope they will still have some L920 left by Friday evening.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    They better be selling off-contract phones or I will snap and find myself on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by o4komodo View Post
    Concert tickets?
    I'm interested in trying out the Surface tablet. The touch-cover seems interesting.

I ordered my unlocked L920 online. Still hoping the MS store has them too
    Apparently, Train will be performing in the evening and they are giving away the wristbands to those first in line in the morning.

Microsoft Store Locations

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    So who is going tomorrow?

I will be going! I'm taking the morning off. Would be great if they have the red available.

I went to Tbooth at Eaton Centre today and they have a black 920 in stock. The guy took it out of the box and let me check it out. It felt about same weight as my 900, so those guys at the Verve are full of ****! :O

BTW, anyone who wants to see the Surface can also go to the MS kiosk at Eaton Centre.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TofuDelight View Post
    I will be going! I'm taking the morning off. Would be great if they have the red available.

I went to Tbooth at Eaton Centre today and they have a black 920 in stock. The guy took it out of the box and let me check it out. It felt about same weight as my 900, so those guys at the Verve are full of ****! :O

BTW, anyone who wants to see the Surface can also go to the MS kiosk at Eaton Centre.
    Was Tbooth selling it off contract? If so, how much?

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I went to a T-Booth and they had stock as well, the rogers store 2 units over wouldn't sell me the phone off contact though.

I think it was $550 or $600.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I think it was $550 or $600.
    Thanks and let's keep this thread updated with what's available at the new store at Yorkdale as board members visit it and post their findings.

Went to the Yorkdale store today. They only have the black 920 so I did not bother asking about the price. However, I got a 10% off cards while lining up and it is good until Dec 2.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Did you ask if it was locked to rogers?!

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Went to the Yorkdale store today. They only have the black 920 so I did not bother asking about the price. However, I got a 10% off cards while lining up and it is good until Dec 2.
    This launch has become a joke. I called the number for the Yorkdale store and a lady from Dallas, Texas answered and SHE told me that the Yorkdale store would not be selling any Lumia 920s. Why the **** would they not have someone in the store answer the phone and deal with requests.

What a joke.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Man, I love Lumia 920 but at this time, i will never get rid my iPhone 5, u know why? Its not that ip5 is better than 920 but even iPhone 5 has 2 colors: black and white... Lumia 920 on the other hand, only has black color here in Canada.
    the whole point of Lumia is that we can choose our colors.. Didnt Nokia Canada or Rogers see this commercial

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    It truly is unreal Kevin. Ridiculous.

I too was at the MS store in Yorkdale.
    They only have the Rogers black L920... and not too many of their staff are familiar with the product.
    It seemed I knew more about the phone and OS then they did. 'Though, they're still quite knowledgeable.

Ryan, the nice sales rep whom I spoke to, said if Rogers picks up any other colors--then they to will sell it [obviously] and when other carriers finally pick it up [if they ever do] then there's a possibility that MS store will stock it as well.

There are no JBL Power Up speakers, however they have a Jawbra speaker and the Nokia Play 360.
    There are no wireless charging pads... however they have the wireless charging stand going for 69.99 only in black.
    Other charging colors soon to follow... he told me to expect other charging stand colors in roughly 3 weeks.
    Thanked by:

Anyone who visited Yorkdale store - Are they selling Lumia 920 unlocked ?? What is the price for unlocked 920 at the MS store in Yorkdale ?

Locked to Robbers. Pay 'em $50 to get it unlocked or try to find it at PMall or online--not too many success stories thus far.
    Price at Yorkdale is governed by price at Robbers---unless you talk to the folks at MS to cut you a deal. But folks at Robbers can do that too.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info man.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I went to Yorkdale yesterday to ask info about the 920, whether its unlocked or not? and will they import other colors? and the guy who works at MS (forgot his nam) tells me that Cyan 920 coming and he thinks red will be coming soon... for the unlocked 920, he said he wasnt so sure about this, but it may come in the future
    Thanked by: