Hey folks,

I am wondering if the new batch of Rogers Lumia 920s are factory unlocked and support penta band?

I am with Fido right now and I cannot change my service provider as I am in a contract. Therefore, I would like to know if the new batch of Rogers Lumia 920s will work on Fido without unlocking?

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dula714 View Post
    Hey folks,

I am wondering if the new batch of Rogers Lumia 920s are factory unlocked and support penta band?

I am with Fido right now and I cannot change my service provider as I am in a contract. Therefore, I would like to know if the new batch of Rogers Lumia 920s will work on Fido without unlocking?
    Latest reports here: Rogers Lumia 920 (Second Batch) - Locked or Unlocked?
    Please search before posting.
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Xsever View Post
    Latest reports here: Rogers Lumia 920 (Second Batch) - Locked or Unlocked?
    Please search before posting.
    If you're with fido the phone shouldn't have to be unlocked. It's the other way around that doesn't work.

I'm picking up my lumia 920 tomorrow morning and ill confirm it for you as I am with fido also.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I am sure about Rogers Lumia 920 is factory unlocked or not... if it is not unlocked your Fido sim will not work on Rogers Lumia 920... before using you have to get it unlocked from either your network carrier or any online service provider... when I had to unlock my mobile I was not successful with network provider so I approached MobileUnlockolutions.com to get my mobile unlocked... if you wish you can also try wit them to get your Lumia 920 unlocked...

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kathybee View Post
    I am sure about Rogers Lumia 920 is factory unlocked or not... if it is not unlocked your Fido sim will not work on Rogers Lumia 920... before using you have to get it unlocked from either your network carrier or any online service provider... when I had to unlock my mobile I was not successful with network provider so I approached MobileUnlockolutions.com to get my mobile unlocked... if you wish you can also try wit them to get your Lumia 920 unlocked...
    That's incorrect because Rogers and Fido are a bit different in that Rogers owns Fido. A Lumia 920 from Rogers will work on Fido's network out of the box, no need to unlock.

I can be sure because I own the Rogers Lumia 920 and have used it on Fido (my old provider). Now, I'm with Virgin Mobile after unlocking my phone.

There are other reports on various forums reporting the same.

Btw, this is a very old topic, from Nov/2012.