Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    I am on the fence between a glossy yellow and a matte black. I am scared that the glossy will be a fingerprint magnet. So is it? Does it smudge easily? Please advice me as to which to get.

I have a glossy red one. To be honest, it is some kind of fingerprint magnet. But it can get cleaned every time I take it out of my pocket. So I don't conceder this a big problem.
    Hope this will help you decide.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I also have the red, it attracts lots of fingerprints. I don't mind really, a simple microfiber cloth or even my shirt cleans it up in a couple seconds.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I also have red one and its somewhat of fingerprint magnet buy cant tell much. Like it has been said a quick clean with a shirt is no problem.
    No phone will ever be finger print free, so theres no escaping it, just get which one you like. that's all.

Hmm, I must be the only one then. I have a red/glossy lumia 920 and it repels fingerprints better than any smartphone I've owned.

Just now I deliberately smeared my fingers all over the screen, when I turn the screen on it's as clear as day. The only way I can see the fingerprints is if I angle the phone just right (sort of diagonal/looking at it from the side) to get the light to shine on the screen (turned off).

As for the rest of the phone (sides, back), I see no fingerprints.

Am I just lucky or are some people being really picky about it?

i have the black, but you can do what i always do. go to amazon and buy some little microfiber bags. carry the phone in that so that every time you remove the phone, it's nice and clean. works great and it's easy!
    I can tell you that my matte black 900 was every bit the fingerprint magnet that my glossy red 920 is, so here's the answer... accept fingerprints are a fact of life, carry a cloth, and embrace what your heart desires. :)
    Thanked by:
    metalchick719 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by theecosystem View Post
    i have the black, but you can do what i always do. go to amazon and buy some little microfiber bags. carry the phone in that so that every time you remove the phone, it's nice and clean. works great and it's easy!
    You got a link? would like to have a look at it.
    Editor-in-chief

Global Posts
    512 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amarshonarbangla View Post
    I am on the fence between a glossy yellow and a matte black. I am scared that the glossy will be a fingerprint magnet. So is it? Does it smudge easily? Please advice me as to which to get.
    People's concerns about glossy are unfounded. The white one doesn't smudge, scratch or look any different.

I've had both glossy 900 and 920 and never had an issue.
    Daniel Rubino
    Editor in chief - Windows Phone Central
    Email: daniel@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @Daniel_Rubino
    Socl: Daniel Rubino

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    What about matte?
    Does it attract fingerprints as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsharkk View Post
    Am I just lucky or are some people being really picky about it?
    Probably both. Perhaps your hands aren't as naturally oily as others AND some people really ARE that picky about it.

Frankly, I agree and opt not to care, I wipe it quickly if I'm going to present it to someone but otherwise, I'm too busy staring at the screen which does NOT seem to have a lot of prints on it. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSern View Post
    What about matte?
    Does it attract fingerprints as well?
    I have a matte finish Nokia N9 for the last year, it hardly attracts finger prints. But it does attract fingerprints in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
    Probably both. Perhaps your hands aren't as naturally oily as others AND some people really ARE that picky about it.

Frankly, I agree and opt not to care, I wipe it quickly if I'm going to present it to someone but otherwise, I'm too busy staring at the screen which does NOT seem to have a lot of prints on it. :)
    I agree, after two months after the new phone syndrome wears off, everyone will be looking towards next year and a new phone. :D

Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    You got a link? would like to have a look at it.
    two options. the amazon option is the inexpensive option:

Amazon.com: Six (6) Black Microfiber Cleaning and Storage Pouch / Sack / Cases for Sunglasses and Eyeglasses: Sports & Outdoors

here's the spendy option. mine should be ready in a week or so. the guy is making me one to fit a lumia 920.

IPod Touch & IPhone 3 4 leather sleeve by santileather on Etsy
    Quote Originally Posted by theecosystem View Post
    two options. the amazon option is the inexpensive option:

Amazon.com: Six (6) Black Microfiber Cleaning and Storage Pouch / Sack / Cases for Sunglasses and Eyeglasses: Sports & Outdoors

here's the spendy option. mine should be ready in a week or so. the guy is making me one to fit a lumia 920.

IPod Touch & IPhone 3 4 leather sleeve by santileather on Etsy
    Thanks

I got red, but my mind keep telling me to change to black color

Quote Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post

To call myself out, I'm a 130lb, red-haired white guy with skin problems. My hands are oily and I have no fingerprint issues with my red lumia 920. It's far better than my samsung focus.

In fact, maybe I'll make a youtube video about this showing off both phones.

EDIT: Actually that's exactly what I'm going to do. Getting my video camera out now. :) If I had a 2nd lumia 920 I'd record it with the lumia 920.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonboy509 View Post
    I got red, but my mind keep telling me to change to black color
    Honestly the black looks really nice. It really stands out.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I got a red glossy and absolutely love it!!! I had a black 900 matte and it always got shinny and was hard to get that shinny look off but with my red, it's easy to get the finger prints off!!

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Got a Whitey. You can't see any fingerprints at all on it.

Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    my white lumia is awesome
  23.    #23  
    Thanks you all. I think i will just order a yellow 920 :D

Now should I order it from ATT website? Is it hassel free? Will I get the yellow wireless charging plate?

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I swapped out my matte black for the glossy red. Haven't looked back yet, love that it stands out and looks so bad ***. Get what you want though, or get the red and get a clear case for it. It normally gets cleaned when you pull it out of your pocket from rubbing on your pocket lining.
    I wish I had another 920 to take a picture of my 920... I literally CAN'T get a fingerprint or smudge to show up on the display unless I like my finger and press really hard.

As for the back... I can smudge it pretty well, but you have to be in direct light at an angle to really see it, and it wipes away VERY easily.

Bottom line... not an issue.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast