Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trainplane
  1. dustin337's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
       #1  
    I went to bed last night with the battery fully charged at 100%, set my alarm, and locked my screen.
    Fast forward 6 hours later. My alarm goes off and I notice that my battery was at 64%... Too tired, don't care...
    Fast forward 1 hour later. My alarm goes off again and I notice my battery has gone down another 5% to 59%.

    I had absolutely no process running, and I had even did a reboot last night because I was having an issue with my speakers.
    In comparison, my iPhone has been sitting on my desk at idle since Friday and is still at 82%...

    I should say that this is the first night I've had this issue, but now I'm a little concerned as to if I should consider exchanging it for another or is this a software issue?
  2. KoukiFC3S's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    530 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,656 Global Posts
    #2  
    Software issue.

    I have had some nights where I lost a few %, and others where I lost 40. Weird huh?
  3. dustin337's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Software issue.

    I have had some nights where I lost a few %, and others where I lost 40. Weird huh?
    Very weird.

    Update. I've restarted my phone again, and the issue seems to have resolved itself...

    Here is a list of my battery drain percentage the past couple hours. I've only really been texting pretty heavily on it, but nothing else.

    3:40 50%
    3:53 48%
    4:13 44%
    4:22 43%
    4:38 44%
    4:55 40%
    5:05 38%
    5:21 38%


    Notice at one point it said my battery life went from 44% to 43% then back to 44% again. Pretty odd..
  4. sunnyp1227's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #4  
    what's in your background task?
    Try block Nokia Drive Beta
    It solves my problem
  5. dustin337's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyp1227 View Post
    what's in your background task?
    Try block Nokia Drive Beta
    It solves my problem

    I've got everything blocked except for weather, and I hardly ever leave an app running in the background.
    The battery life is just very inconsistent for some reason, hoping it's just on microsoft's end though.
  6. ncxcstud's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    926 Posts
    #6  
    If you replaced the iPhone with your 920, at this point I don't think those are fair comparisons anymore.

    I replaced my focus with a 920 and my focus only lost 10-15% in its battery since about 7pm last night. Of course it no longer has a valid cell signal since everything switched over to the 920. Once less thing for it to try to connect to and keep active.

    Is your old iPhone in the same boat now? No active cell connection, thus able to save loads on its battery? Doesn't solve the battery issues you seem to/were having, but it isn't a straight comparison anymore...
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

  7. dustin337's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncxcstud View Post
    If you replaced the iPhone with your 920, at this point I don't think those are fair comparisons anymore.

    I replaced my focus with a 920 and my focus only lost 10-15% in its battery since about 7pm last night. Of course it no longer has a valid cell signal since everything switched over to the 920. Once less thing for it to try to connect to and keep active.

    Is your old iPhone in the same boat now? No active cell connection, thus able to save loads on its battery? Doesn't solve the battery issues you seem to/were having, but it isn't a straight comparison anymore...
    True, I'm sure that's helping it a lot, but that wasn't really the point I was trying to make.

    Charged my phone back to 100%, it's been off the charger for an hour now and is still at 100%. Hopefully it's back to normal.
  8. samcode7's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
    #8  
    I just had the same problem last night. I unplug my phone around midnight after it was fully charged. And I switched to airplane mode since I don't want anyone to call me, went to sleep. Woke up at 8 am, and found out the battery was bone dry to 9% only. I put touch sensitivity low. I was shocked. This is the worst case ever. In airplane mode? Unbelievable. I've been noticing the battery issue with this phone for the past week. Didn't survive for 12 hours with little use. 4G, a few whatsapp, no call, several minutes of browsing, 5 apps running on background, nokia drive blocked, you name it. Didn't survive 12 hours. This is just horrible. I might want to sale this useless phone. I love it, but this is just unacceptable.

    UPDATE (07/01): I tried a solution posted by cjlim in this forum http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Noki...ue/m-p/1625890.
    Fully drained the battery. turn on again until it dies few times and won't turn again. And then recharge it. I did this a few cycles. And now my battery life is significantly improved (200% and more). It was lasted for only 8-12 hours. Now it can last for 24 hours and even more on average. I'm a happy Lumia owner now. You guys should try this.
    Last edited by samcode7; 01-06-2013 at 09:46 PM.
  9. fieldsy1024's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    46 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyp1227 View Post
    what's in your background task?
    Try block Nokia Drive Beta
    It solves my problem
    How do you block something on your phone?
  10. samcode7's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldsy1024 View Post
    How do you block something on your phone?
    go to setting> swipe right> go to background task

    here you can choose which app to block
  11. ricardios's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    57 Posts
    #11  
    How frequently do you sync email? Had a similar problem but now have email get synced hourly and battery life is great.
  12. jaqueh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    99 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by samcode7 View Post
    I just had the same problem last night. I unplug my phone around midnight after it was fully charged. And I switched to airplane mode since I don't want anyone to call me, went to sleep. Woke up at 8 am, and found out the battery was bone dry to 9% only. I put touch sensitivity low. I was shocked. This is the worst case ever. In airplane mode? Unbelievable. I've been noticing the battery issue with this phone for the past week. Didn't survive for 12 hours with little use. 4G, a few whatsapp, no call, several minutes of browsing, 5 apps running on background, nokia drive blocked, you name it. Didn't survive 12 hours. This is just horrible. I might want to sale this useless phone. I love it, but this is just unacceptable.

    12 hours is really impressive, mine can barely make 8 hours with light use and never turning on 4g
  13. robertre's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    173 Posts
    #13  
    I had some average battery life at the beginning, but after several cycles and then blocking background operation on most apps from the settings (for apps I did not need running in the background), I have gotten much better battery life over the last couple of months. I also update all of my apps whenever updates are available. I do not know what has happened lately, I am guessing due to some app(s) updates, but my battery life has improved amazingly this week. I now get a long day with plenty of charge left when I put it back on the charger around 1am. It is 9pm now, and it has been off the charger for 12 hours, and I still have 77% left. Oftern I go a few hours before it drops below 100%. One night this week I still had 65% left at the end of the day. I do not think I have been below 30% in the last week after a full day.
  14. trainplane's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #14  
    One of the better features of Android is the battery usage screen. It easily lets you find the offending tasks that drain your battery. MS needs to add this to Windows phone as soon as possible.
    Rubenidas likes this.
  15. jdhooghe's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    504 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    #15  
    There are runaway tasks that if you don't restart, they will continue to drain your battery. It doesn't matter if you block the process or not.
  16. samcode7's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    There are runaway tasks that if you don't restart, they will continue to drain your battery. It doesn't matter if you block the process or not.
    i don't think it runs. CMIIW, but I think MS suspended the app from working? however, i think this process itself (suspending the app) probably take a slight bit of battery life (of course not as much as the running task). no?
  17. MaXi32's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by samcode7 View Post
    i don't think it runs. CMIIW, but I think MS suspended the app from working? however, i think this process itself (suspending the app) probably take a slight bit of battery life (of course not as much as the running task). no?
    That's your opinion. Did you crack their OS to see what's running behind the scene ? No

Posting Permissions