11-12-2012, 04:35 PM #1
- 13 Posts
I am new to WP8 (and this forum), coming from Android world (3+ years of Hero and DesireHD) to try out Lumia 920. Its only been couple of hours, wanted to check few things.
1. how to display battery % as live tile?
2. is there a weather app that gets displayed in lock screen?
3. the "pin to start" menu for my google mail is NOT working. all new apps like fb, linkedin am able to do a pin to start, but not on google mail.
4. Is there a fast way (short cut) to change the Sound settings, from Normal -> Vibrate -> Silent mode?
5. What is the best way to track data usage? is there a live tile? I am in EE (4G) network but with a 1G download limit. Would like to make sure I dont hit the threshold soon.
Since its been only few hours, am yet to explore the OS completely. To be honest, am still getting used to the new OS (3+ years of android usage, makes you feel used to do things in a "certain" way). Personally speaking, most of the apps I own in android are there in WP8, sky news, TOI, NDTV, facebook, twitter, imdb, chess, cricinfo, bloomberg, netflix, AB for my kid etc. I do miss iPlayer, but end of day, i can fall back on my nexus 7 to watch.Yes, I also own Nexus 7, so have best of both the offerings :)
11-12-2012, 06:10 PM #2
- 150 Posts
Battery Level for WP8 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
2. Not sure of any right now.
3. Maybe delete and re-create the email account? Seems strange that you would have this problem.
4. There another thread on this, but anyway... there's no quick shortcut to enable/disable the vibrate alone but for volume settings you can use the volume rocker button to show the volume level. If you tap the icon in the upper right corner it will go from silent/vibrate to ring/ring+vibrate (if you have it on).
5. Not sure if Data Sense is out yet or if it's just going to be a Verizon thing, but MS showed it when they announced WP8. Until then you can probably use Nokia's Counters app.
Keep track of data usage with Data Sense for Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central
Nokia releases data Counter app in beta for Lumia Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central
11-13-2012, 05:22 AM #6
- 13 Posts
Thanks for the update guys. I tried the battery app. does the work for now, though would prefer a live tile as the number showing in the tile is outdated and you need to enter the app for it to refresh. Sure, they will have some update soon to work out the details.
Also, am in EE, UK's 4G network and wondering how other UK WP8 users managing their data traffic.