Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By metalchick719

Is garbage...spaz's out and crashes randomly all the time. What a crappy *** port as fast as you can get something out. Limited settings and UI is clunky and doesn't go with Win Phone 8.

What a waste of money.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Yea it sucks :(

Same applies to Draw Something, which is even worse. These apps should be pulled in my opinion. Luckily for me, I am able to use the free version w/ Nokia, but no one should have to pay for such crap. The apps should be pulled until they are fixed.

Its even worse that they just threw these apps together quickly, with clearly not much testing or a give a crap, and put them out there just to have them out there. They are both so frustrating to play, I gave up.

Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I guess that's why it was free then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewayz8 View Post
    I guess that's why it was free then.
    They have the same app for non-Nokia folks, and are charging for it. Correct me if im wrong.

The charge versions are no ads. But yeah, the free ones are nokia only. And it does lock up occasionally...actually only thing that has locked my phone up...

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I posted this in another thread. I think that WWF was the main cause for my phone lockups and horrid battery life. Much improved after I uninstalled it. I just dont think it was optimized yet to run on a different platform. used to work best on IOS and somewhat buggy on Android, but worthless on WP8 in my opinion.

Totally agree. WWF on WP is a FAIL! It's laggy, and worst of all, it looks like an iOS app.

Get Wordfeud instead. It's much, much better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jposthauer View Post
    Is garbage...spaz's out and crashes randomly all the time. What a crappy *** port as fast as you can get something out. Limited settings and UI is clunky and doesn't go with Win Phone 8.

What a waste of money.
    there is a free version of it. why waste money on something when you can try the free version first?

I've been playing the free version without any problems. No crashes or anything.

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    try Words by Post... free version, works across Android, iOS, WP8/WP7... never crashes.
    Cingular (2001-2003) - Nokia 5190 > Nokia 3360
    Nextel (2003-2007) - i1000+ > i90c > i720 > i830 > i275 > i860 > i870
    AT&T (2007 to Present) - Treo 680 > iPhone 8GB > iPhone 3G 16GB > Moto Q9h Global >
    iPhone 3G 16GB > iPhone 3GS 16GB > HTC Inspire 4G > Samsung Focus > HTC HD7S >
    Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 920 > Nokia Lumia 1520

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiselle View Post
    try Words by Post... free version, works across Android, iOS, WP8/WP7... never crashes.
    This x1000. So much better and works great. Plus, no annoying ads you have to click out of.

Interesting note, my brother has an iPhone 4, and he says words with friends has been having problems since the update for the i5. So it may not just be WP8 having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Etyrnus View Post
    Interesting note, my brother has an iPhone 4, and he says words with friends has been having problems since the update for the i5. So it may not just be WP8 having problems.
    I can confirm that WWF 5.4 version is bad even on my iPhone4. This latest version has some messed up games list and is slow too.
    Thanked by:
    I hope this won't be the case on the Lumia 810 I plan on getting tomorrow, because I'm a faithful Words with Friends user. :(
    PaigeMcN likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gbbg View Post
    I can confirm that WWF 5.4 version is bad even on my iPhone4. This latest version has some messed up games list and is slow too.
    Good evidence it isn't just us having problems then.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    AlphaJax is pretty good too.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Not only does it crash all the time, it froze my 920 and I can't even power the damn phone off! I guess I'm going to have to wait until the friggin battery dies!

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boneycat1 View Post
    Not only does it crash all the time, it froze my 920 and I can't even power the damn phone off! I guess I'm going to have to wait until the friggin battery dies!
    Hold the volume key and power button at the same time, that'll perform a soft reset. I've had to do that with my wwf lockups.
    Thanked by: