Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misterRafter View Post
    There are readers on this forum that appreciate my honest criticism of this phone. It will help them decide whether to buy this phone or not
    No, you're mistaken. Because it's not factual. I, along with a ton of other owners, are not having the issues you speak of. No one is going to read a post like your and decide if they should purchase the phone or not.

First, you mention the daylight issue and the sharpness/blur issues as two different things. They are the same. So you initial post is misleading.

Second, I've seen some awesome pictures taken with the 920. Remember, it's the the photographer not the camera. Someone can use a $3000 DSLR and have a soft photo.

I understand that you are not able to take pictures that are acceptable to you. If it's a deal breaker, then return the phone.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    No, you're mistaken. Because it's not factual. I, along with a ton of other owners, are not having the issues you speak of. No one is going to read a post like your and decide if they should purchase the phone or not.

First, you mention the daylight issue and the sharpness/blur issues as two different things. They are the same. So you initial post is misleading.

Second, I've seen some awesome pictures taken with the 920. Remember, it's the the photographer not the camera. Someone can use a $3000 DSLR and have a soft photo.

I understand that you are not able to take pictures that are acceptable to you. If it's a deal breaker, then return the phone.

So you don't have the daylight issue then? Bloody **** look at the amount of dissatisfied threads that have been created in the Lumia 920 section. Are you going to stop all of them from expressing their opinion?

Why is it when someone criticises a phone or the OP, the fanatics throw a BF? Everyone has a right to express their opinion whether it's positive or negative.

If Nokia do release an update that will completely fix the daylight issue then I'll be the first to acknowledge that but what gets on my t*ts is that Nokia release a flagship phone that was hyped like fuk on its great camera capabilities but turned out to be a disappointment.

Fact is Nokia promised something that turned out to be lies -----> pureview camera.

Now let's wait for another update, yippppppeer
    Last edited by misterRafter; 11-12-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    The 920 is a killer phone... Question is who it will kill... Nokia or else...
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    So you don't have the daylight issue then? Bloody **** look at the amount of dissatisfied threads that have been created in the Lumia 920 section. Are you going to stop all of them from expressing their opinion?

Why is it when someone criticises a phone or the OP, the fanatics throw a BF? Everyone has a right to express their opinion whether it's positive or negative.

If Nokia do release an update that will completely fix the daylight issue then I'll be the first to acknowledge that but what gets on my t*ts is that Nokia release a flagship phone that was hyped like fuk on its great camera capabilities but turned out to be a disappointment.

Fact is Nokia promised something that turned out to be lies -----> pureview camera.

Now let's wait for another update, yippppppeer
    Shut up and get a SG3 already. You seem too DESPERATE to get rid of your phone.
    I don't. Understand. Why. Are you holding to a phone you dislike so much. We are given the freedom to choose. Why are you acting like you're being forced to use, in your opinion, such a rundown phone???
    Yes. You want your voices to be heard. But your critiques are not constructive.
    -> dull screen, brightness not high enough
    The above says it all.
    Do you need a xenon flash to be attached on the backlight of your screen display? The might call that HD+ Xenon Clear Display! :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few seconds of post in the free Nokia Creative Studio can make a huge difference.
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...NmCEKDgWXwAHBg

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holyxiaoxin View Post
    Shut up and get a SG3 already. You seem too DESPERATE to get rid of your phone.
    I don't. Understand. Why. Are you holding to a phone you dislike so much. We are given the freedom to choose. Why are you acting like you're being forced to use, in your opinion, such a rundown phone???
    Yes. You want your voices to be heard. But your critiques are not constructive.
    -> dull screen, brightness not high enough
    The above says it all.
    Do you need a xenon flash to be attached on the backlight of your screen display? The might call that HD+ Xenon Clear Display! :P

you got the L920 yet? No so back to your hole until then.

I still quite haven't seen those comparison pictures you promised in your earlier thread.

Yeah, I want to see the pictures where the S3 "blows the 920 out of the water" during low light conditions as the OP been claiming. I find it funnny that everyone else who compared S3 to 920 in low light posted pictures where the S3 was crap and the Lumia 920 was good. I guess the OP have some sort of special magical S3.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    dipsh1ts, get a SGS3 and a L920 and take the same pic if you can you'll see the difference. I do not need to post any pics. Seen as you think you know it all i'd thought you'd have done this by now.

I even went into local EE shop and did the same experiment with the SGS3 phone whilst the EE worker watched and he was astonished with the difference.

When you've done the comparison then open your mouth.

SGS3 picture taking is more sharper and has no blur.

Overall i prefer my L920 because of the speed and quality of the phone just the so called 'amazing' camera is a let down.

As I thought, all talk. There are countless comparison shots floating around the net, they all show the L920 as the clear winner in low light conditions. Then you come here claiming the S3 "blows it out of the water" in low light conditions, yet you cannot back it up by any sort of comparison shots.

Let's recap to see who we should listen to, a big number of reviewers/normal users posting their photos for everyone to validate their findings, or one normal user who refuses to post the photos they base their opinion on for anyone else to validate. I don't know about you, but I will go with the first option here.

SGS3 picture taking is more sharper and has no blur.
    So you are saying the SGS3 pictures are sharper and also sharper?
    Thanked by:
    holyxiaoxin likes this.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidkoh View Post
    As I thought, all talk. There are countless comparison shots floating around the net, they all show the L920 as the clear winner in low light conditions. Then you come here claiming the S3 "blows it out of the water" in low light conditions, yet you cannot back it up by any sort of comparison shots.

Let's recap to see who we should listen to, a big number of reviewers/normal users posting their photos for everyone to validate their findings, or one normal user who refuses to post the photos they base their opinion on for anyone else to validate. I don't know about you, but I will go with the first option here.

So you are saying the SGS3 pictures are sharper and also sharper?
    I'll just wait for an update... it's like buying a brand new 500hp car and being told you can ONLY use 400hp for the first few months until we come and tweak your engine! This is normal for early releases LOL LOFL

Only numpties like you would be happy with this process!

Only numpties like you would be happy with this process!
    Where have I said I would be happy about that? We all know there are some issues in daylight which can hopefully be fixed with an update. I only asked you to back up your wild claim about the SGS3 being way better in low light as this conflicts with just about every comparison that have been made. When asked to back it up with proof you become defensive and insults people which leads me to believe you are full of it.
    First time windows phone user switching from an iphone 4. I've been reading the forums and this thread made me so frustrated that i just had to say one simple thing

i am a professional photographer and i picked up a lumia 920 on october 30th and the camera has BLOWN ME AWAY since the minute i got my greedy hands on it. not just me, but i've also managed to completely stun other photographers, art directors and clients with all the cool things is does, especially the incredible low light performance. so I'm guessing nothing is really wrong with your camera, just do a couple simple things to get your ideal shot. just like you would taking any photo with any camera. and FYI every camera has its limitations, stop expecting so much. I had high expectations for this phone and it fulfilled everything.

:P
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidkoh View Post
    Where have I said I would be happy about that? We all know there are some issues in daylight which can hopefully be fixed with an update. I only asked you to back up your wild claim about the SGS3 being way better in low light as this conflicts with just about every comparison that have been made. When asked to back it up with proof you become defensive and insults people which leads me to believe you are full of it.
    I'm pretty sure you can walk into any shop and pick up both phones and see for yourself.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowjacketphoto View Post
    First time windows phone user switching from an iphone 4. I've been reading the forums and this thread made me so frustrated that i just had to say one simple thing

i am a professional photographer and i picked up a lumia 920 on october 30th and the camera has BLOWN ME AWAY since the minute i got my greedy hands on it. not just me, but i've also managed to completely stun other photographers, art directors and clients with all the cool things is does, especially the incredible low light performance. so I'm guessing nothing is really wrong with your camera, just do a couple simple things to get your ideal shot. just like you would taking any photo with any camera. and FYI every camera has its limitations, stop expecting so much. I had high expectations for this phone and it fulfilled everything.

:P
    what couple of simple things? Like holding the phone still ? LOL
    who doesnt hold their camera still when they take a photo? I do every day, so does every one else...

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowjacketphoto View Post
    who doesnt hold their camera still when they take a photo? I do every day, so does every one else...
    What are simple things to do when taking a picture? I'll test it

Ad hominems, seriously?

In your earlier thread you said you would post pics to prove your point of view. I don't NEED to go to a store to see this difference if you say something like that. Proof of burden is on YOU, dear OP. I've seen plenty of pics on various gadget sites that prove quite contrary to your claims.

Don't claim something you cannot back up.
    What are simple things to do when taking a picture? I'll test it
    hahaha i knew i shouldnt have started posting at 3 AM, I'm going to be up forever now

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keizka View Post
    Ad hominems, seriously?

In your earlier thread you said you would post pics to prove your point of view. I don't NEED to go to a store to see this difference if you say something like that. Proof of burden is on YOU, dear OP. I've seen plenty of pics on various gadget sites that prove quite contrary to your claims.

Don't claim something you cannot back up.
    funny thing is i bet you dont even have the L920.

Inconsequential, when I haven't made any claims about 920. You have. Prove'em, please.

I'm pretty sure you can walk into any shop and pick up both phones and see for yourself.
    Ever heard of the term "burden of proof"? Right now your claim that the SGS3 is better in low light is worth nothing since you have not backed it up with evidence. People would be right thinking you are full of it until you provide any proof. But if you want to come across as someone talking bull that is up to you.
    Thanked by:
    keizka 

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Like I said in the first few posts. He is a known troller/hater(: just take it with a pinch of salt(:

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holyxiaoxin View Post
    Like I said in the first few posts. He is a known troller/hater(: just take it with a pinch of salt(:
    Someone needs to post the "Don't feed the trolls" image.

Other forum members have repeated the same things to him/her over and over, yet he keeps posting the same negative stuff to generate responses. We see forum members like this all the time, just ignore it and this thread will die eventually.
    Thanked by:
    holyxiaoxin likes this.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    you guys crack me up. Learn how to take criticism. and Holyxiaoxin what would you know about a phone that you dont have.

Guess what i dare not to mention that my battery life is pretty poor ATM on my L920!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast