Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misterRafter View Post
    i was just comparing both of my phones L900 n L920 side by side. L900 is way brighter.

For me the L920 display could be a touch brighter.

Why are you guys giving him such a hard time? I've seen it, too. It's not the end of the world. A 900 on high and a 920 on high, side-by-side. The 900 was brighter.
    holyxiaoxin likes this.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I don't know about that, but I've definitely seen the 920 beating the iPhone5 in terms of brightness. I forgot where I saw it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holyxiaoxin View Post
    I don't know about that, but I've definitely seen the 920 beating the iPhone5 in terms of brightness. I forgot where I saw it.

Well I know exactly where and when I saw the 900 brighter than the 920.
    holyxiaoxin likes this.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Btw, you didn't have to repeat this, I didn't said I disagree you on this part. :P

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabiscuit View Post
    Why are you guys giving him such a hard time? I've seen it, too. It's not the end of the world. A 900 on high and a 920 on high, side-by-side. The 900 was brighter.
    thank you. This Holy dudes probably never had a l900 or a l920

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    My 920 is very, very bright at the highest settings. The 900 stays brighter when viewed at an angle, but when looking head-on I really can't see any difference.

What I appreciate a LOT when comparing it to my 900: It is much, much faster to adjust brightness as you go in and out of direct sunlight. My 900 would *eventually* look great in sunlight, but it sometimes took several seconds to brighten up, and I even had to turn it off/on sometimes when entering bright sunlight to get it to do so. (It also would take its sweet time to dim when going back into shade, but that bothered me less)

The 920, on the other hand, responds almost immediately and the difference, pardon the pun, is like night and day in terms of responsiveness and overall I prefer it. (In addition to all the other reasons I like the new display more...)
    holyxiaoxin likes this.

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karmamule View Post
    My 920 is very, very bright at the highest settings. The 900 stays brighter when viewed at an angle, but when looking head-on I really can't see any difference....
    Same here. I had to disable auto brightness and turn the brightness down to LOW. The 920 is too bright for me out of the box. My 900 is fine for me.

Now if I could just adjust contrast that would be huge. Blacks just don't look as good as the 900.
    holyxiaoxin likes this.
    My God, you people are like children! My phone's brighter! No my phone is! NUH-UH! IS TOO!

If it's too dim OR bright, turn auto off and set it how you like.

As for which is brighter, factually, the 920 has a brighter display. Your eyes may perceive the colors differently, and you may prefer one over the other, but the quantitative light output is higher on the 920. It's called math. It never lies.

For what it's worth, I've got a 920 and 900 with me right now, and I find the auto-adjust sensor on the 920 to be much better... but I prefer setting them both to Medium. Best mix of brightness while preserving battery life, in my own usage.
    holyxiaoxin likes this.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
    My God, you people are like children! My phone's brighter! No my phone is! NUH-UH! IS TOO!

As for which is brighter, factually, the 920 has a brighter display. Your eyes may perceive the colors differently, and you may prefer one over the other, but the quantitative light output is higher on the 920. It's called math. It never lies.

For what it's worth, I've got a 920 and 900 with me right now, and I find the auto-adjust sensor on the 920 to be much better... but I prefer setting them both to Medium. Best mix of brightness while preserving battery life, in my own usage.
    Some people are just trolling. Just ignore the OP.

Global Posts
    2,082 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post

I agree, the 920 is brighter. While I was in the menus (to change the brightness) it looked like the white text of the 900 was brighter, but I opened up a blank (white) page in IE, and then it was obvious that the 920 had a brighter screen.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013
    holyxiaoxin likes this.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Alright, enough feeding to the OP's trolls. Let's just leave him alone till he gets his 920 :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12