Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler with Uconnect and the lumia 920 wont reconnect upon getting back into the vehicle. I have to go into Bluetooth settings on the phone and tap the Uconnect device from the list to have it connect. Did not have this issue with my iphone I replaced and I had a 2011 Charger with a different Uconnect then the jeep has and use to use it with my Lumia 900 and never had a problem. Anyone else having reconnect issues after initial setup with a Bluetooth device. Once I manually reconnect it stays and works fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ace182 View Post
    I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler with Uconnect and the lumia 920 wont reconnect upon getting back into the vehicle. I have to go into Bluetooth settings on the phone and tap the Uconnect device from the list to have it connect. Did not have this issue with my iphone I replaced and I had a 2011 Charger with a different Uconnect then the jeep has and use to use it with my Lumia 900 and never had a problem. Anyone else having reconnect issues after initial setup with a Bluetooth device. Once I manually reconnect it stays and works fine.

Thanks
    No problems here but I did notice that ALL music tagging data doesn't show up over bluetooth anymore.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Thanks
    I have the same issue. I detailed it in the bug list thread.

Quote Originally Posted by leonbelize View Post
    I have the same issue. I detailed it in the bug list thread.
    What type of car do you have and what type of system is it?

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Try setting the L920 as the favorite or default on your bluetooth in your vehicle. That's what I had to do.

Same issue. 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. My 920 won't reconnect when I start my car. I have to go into BT settings on the phone and tap UConnect to make it reconnect.

My 900 reconnected with the Jeep flawlessly, so something is going on here with the 920.

Thanks

Thanks
    Mine is a 2012 jeep wrangler and all my phones, titan 1, 900 and focus connect and reconnect with no issues. My 920 will connect sometimes and sometimes it wont. I also notice when I have Bluetooth on in settings on the 920, the Bluetooth icon in notification bar is off~~ I definitely believe it has something to do with the 920. This issue also caused my first 920 to freeze up and I had to exchange it for the one I have. Problem is it still has BT issues.

Try removing all of the phones you have ever had paired from your car stereo and then re-pairing your 920. This is exactly the issue I had when moving from my Samsung Focus to my Lumia 900. It paired fine, but wouldn't reconnect automatically. After l I removed everything from the car stereo and re-paired it then it was fine.

I had a similar issue with a Surround in a 2012 Ford Focus. I haven't experienced the Bluetooth not connecting yet, but that issue with my Surround was a pretty intermittent one. It would go weeks working flawlessly, and then just not connect.

For me, the audio keeps skipping. It kind of sounds like a lightly scratched CD, where it just kind of pauses for a second and then continues and sometimes sounds a little off. That happens the majority of the time while listening to things on Bluetooth on my 920. If I mess with the set up enough, it sometimes starts working fine. But that involves ~10min of just changing settings back and forth, and I don't want to spend that much time to just get in my car and have music play.

I don't understand why car stereo's bluetooth implementations seem so shaky. I've never had as many problems with the dozens of bluetooth devices I've owned compared to trying to get a phone to work with a car stereo. Every phone and every stereo seems to have quirks when it comes to working the two together through bluetooth.

Well, it happened again. @nd phone and when trying to connect to my 2012 Jeep wrangler it locked up and froze and I had to do a hard reset of the power on phone. This sux ***.

On the phone with Nokia they dont even know that this is an issue!! Please call them directly to report Bluetooth issue at:

888-665-4228 Nokia call center

Thanks
    Had the same issue in my 2009 Dodge Challenger today while picking up lunch. I'll see if this persists. Doesn't seem to be an issue in my Jeep with a aftermarket radio with Bluetooth integration.

Quote Originally Posted by hwalker84 View Post
    Had the same issue in my 2009 Dodge Challenger today while picking up lunch. I'll see if this persists. Doesn't seem to be an issue in my Jeep with a aftermarket radio with Bluetooth integration.
    My problem is definetly spuratic. Sometimes it connects sometimes it dosnt.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeezus View Post
    On the phone with Nokia they dont even know that this is an issue!! Please call them directly to report Bluetooth issue at:

888-665-4228 Nokia call center
    Like I said earlier, my 920 actually locks up while trying to connect to my 2012 Jeep Wrangler. I urge you to call the number above to report this issue.

I've had the same problem with my Uconnect in my Dodge. I just finished deleted all stored contact numbers in the Uconnet phone book and now its working.

I'm having the exact same problem with a Lumina 920 and a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee with UConnect. It worked perfectly with the Nokia Lumina 900, but the 920 fails to auto connect 9 out of 10 times. This is a serious problem because this is perhaps the single feature I rely on the most. I love the 920 but may switch back to the 900 until this is fixed.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

same issue here, almost makes me want to return this damn phone with the BT and battery issues together.

2012 Hyundai Veloster
    -sometimes it reconnects and other times it doesn't.
    -sometimes it disconnects and other times it doesn't.
    -when it doesn't reconnect and i try to do it manually through the headunit it doesn't work, have to do it through the phone.

no problems whatsoever with my iPhones...

Still having this issue, anyone call Nokia about this?

Quote Originally Posted by erock150 View Post
    I've had the same problem with my Uconnect in my Dodge. I just finished deleted all stored contact numbers in the Uconnet phone book and now its working.
    So it connects everytime now? Automatically?

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsaan View Post
    Try setting the L920 as the favorite or default on your bluetooth in your vehicle. That's what I had to do.
    What he said ^^^

Didn't work for me. Even as the default it only auto-connects 10% of the time.

2012 Jeep Wrangler and have same issue. I went to the dealership after several posts and calls to Nokia. I have the 130nres radio. The dealership updated my FW in the radio to:
    68193780AA

So far phone has reconnected every time, a total of about 6 reconnects. It does it automatically just like all my other phones. I will post back after a day or so but I believe this fixed it on my jeep. I still think MS should address this as well.

https://twitter.com/WinPhoneSupport

WP8 Pairing Issues with Car's Bluetooth - Microsoft Community

I thought I fixed mine with an update to car stereo at dealership but not the case. Now it will pair fine but still wont auto reconnect unless I am in the Bluetooth discoverable screen, I don't have to tap the Uconnect device I just have to be on the screen. so this has something to do with wp8 turning Bluetooth connecting off on paired devices.

---------- Post Merged at 10:50 PM ----------

If you haven't already please tweet @WinPhoneSupport about the Bluetooth issue, they have already responded to my tweet, thanks.

https://twitter.com/WinPhoneSupport
    Last edited by Chris Parsons; 11-20-2012 at 09:38 AM.

2012 Nissan Pathfinder/L920 - BT connection issues. The BT will drop and the call gets ended, reconnect the call and BT won't reconnect. I've never had these kinds of BT issues with my Samsung focus or most recently the 4S. It may be short sided of me but I just can't tolerate these little glitches and while I love my L920 so I'm pretty sure it's getting exchanged and I'm going back to Apple products...they just work for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast