• 8 Post By rajkumr
  • 2 Post By VagrantWade
  • 1 Post By InnocuousScreenname
  • 6 Post By Reflexx
  • 2 Post By giantenemybird
  • 2 Post By Gken

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Just saw the drop test using a white lumia 920 on YouTube.

Spoiler : survived like a tank!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH4xYN9I5Kw[/YT]

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Bout time. Don't blame that baby. He knows what a precious little piece of white magic he is holding.
    Thanked by:
    GT2010 
    iandealencar and GT2010 like this.

I dropped mine (on accident today) and it marked the corner and scratched the glass. totally sucked. I bought it yesterday and now I'm stuck with it for the next two years.
    ..fml

Dang, took long enough! I've been searching everywhere for a lumia 920 drop test. I hope more pop up though so we can get some comparisons.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabewells View Post
    I dropped mine (on accident today) and it marked the corner and scratched the glass. totally sucked. I bought it yesterday and now I'm stuck with it for the next two years.
    ..fml
    What? Where did you buy it? You should be able to return it and exchange it.

*EDIT* Possibly not due to the physical blemishes.
    Last edited by VagrantWade; 11-11-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I know that the drop test was performed for the public good...but, I still winced when the Lumia hit the pavement.
    Thanked by:
    GT2010 
    GT2010 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by InnocuousScreenname View Post
    I know that the drop test was performed for the public good...but, I still winced when the Lumia hit the pavement.

I know. I felt really bad for the pavement.

That's basically what my 900 looks like after several drops.

“You get treated in life the way you teach people to treat you.”― Wayne W. Dyer
    ;)
    Does that little kid lift, bro???
    KoukiFC3S and mister2d like this.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I thought the whole shell is made of the same colored polycarbonate just like other Lumia phones? I am pretty sure that was one of the features on the 800.
    Quote Originally Posted by icyArthur View Post
    I thought the whole shell is made of the same colored polycarbonate just like other Lumia phones? I am pretty sure that was one of the features on the 800.
    I think the dark color is the scuff from the ground.

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giantenemybird View Post
    I think the dark color is the scuff from the ground.

Yeah, this...

The only thing missing from that drop test is a straight-down drop onto the glass.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    These drop tests mean absolutely nothing to me. One time I knelt down to tie my shoe and had my brand new iPhone 4 in my shirt pocket. My pocket couldn't have been more than 20 inches from the ground when it fell out of my pocket and bam, the screen shattered . I received a replacement and like 7 months later I was standing on top of an elevator (I'm a elevator mechanic ) and I droppe my phone off the top f the elevator from the 3rd floor. That was about 45 feet to the floor. Te glass survived and te only thing that broke was the vole buttons and serious visual damage to the antenna band around the phone.

Thanks a lot...Hawaii had to evacuate to higher ground again because of 3 tsunami warnings from earthquakes, STOP DROPPING NOKIAS!!!
    Coreldan and holyxiaoxin like this.

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    That baby holds onto smartphones better then some adults I know...

I am glad these guys always do these drop tests because that's my biggest concern always, even though I never drop my phone.

Even though an adult could replicate the mid-range drop, I am glad he did it with a baby because my daughter is grown up fast and she has begun grabbing Daddy's electronics :lol:

The baby held the phone for who knows how long with ease yet the reviewers at the verge find it heavy.

Yeah, ok.

If anything it makes the phone feel like quality, not to meantion tough which we all know about Nokia.

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabewells View Post
    ..fml
    Isn't the Gorilla Glass supposed to be scratch-proof?

Global Posts
    2,673 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drosmisc View Post
    The baby held the phone for who knows how long with ease yet the reviewers at the verge find it heavy.

Yeah, ok.

If anything it makes the phone feel like quality, not to meantion tough which we all know about Nokia.
    Yeh really! I held it for the first time the other day, soooo much lighter than I thought it'd be! Its lighter than something that size looks like it should be! It feels a little lighter than my trophy with the extended battery.
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    2,673 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tofu View Post
    Isn't the Gorilla Glass supposed to be scratch-proof?
    Actually I believe all glass is technically scratch proof. Just not impact proof.
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT