Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I just had this happen today...I just restarted...works fine. I first came across this issue when using photobeamer...but everything seems fine now.

Thanks for the thread. Happened to me tonight for the first time. Had a momentary freak-out, but a restart solved it. Like a lot of you, I believe the Amazon app is the culprit.
    Last edited by Kooosh; 01-02-2013 at 01:39 AM.

I seem to get it too with the Amazon app...

Actually happened with AT&T's Code Scanner just now.
    Last edited by fatboy1271; 01-15-2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Follow up

happened to me, was having it turn on in a dark room with the laptop screen lighting up the whole place. Had it facing pure dark while playing with the settings. I have non of the above app turn on, so my guess is the dark screw up the app while I playing with the settings.
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    It's a software conflict that boogers up the camera initialization. I get it on occasion after running Soviet Kam. Turning the phone on/off clears it.
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

+1
    I faced the same problem on lumia 920.
    a restart fixed it for now.

so is there a more permanent fix

I've only had the Lumia 822 about 10 days or so and it happened to me today. I was trying out Key Ring app and trying to scan barcodes on cards. Got a couple of codes read and then the app acted crazy and the camera had a green screen. Off/On reset things. It then happened every other read or so on a barcode scan with the Key Ring app. I have been able to scan QR's and barcodes using Bing previous to this a few times. Hope a permanent fix is found.

Had this for the first time today. A reboot fixed it.

as there aren't many posts about it it can't be a common problem.

I thought I was the only one!! I think some scanner causes this problem. I've had it twice and a simple reset fixed it both times.

Amazon's scanner does this to my 920. Bing scanner doesn't.

Happend to me few minutes ago. I never used amazon app. However, some hours ago I have been using one new app that was scanning QR code.

Global Posts
    1,564 Global Posts
    just got my lumia a week ago and i installed the amazon app and this started happening all the time.... glad I searched here, I was freaking out a bit.

i was on skype am my camara turned green , i closed the app and then re-opened samthing . ?????????

need help anyone ?

I used to get green color screens in my camera as well but only on those days when I used the photosynth app.Fortunately it did come to an end after the last update of photosynth.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    It happened to me also when I use camera and Amazon app. I believe amazon app is the trigger.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.

Global Posts
    1,564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    It happened to me also when I use camera and Amazon app. I believe amazon app is the trigger.
    Yeah I deleted the amazon app and it hasn't happened since

I just had this happen while using photosynth

It seems to be related to myShopi.
    I uninstalled the program, rebooted and problem solved.
    It's not an issue with the Phone (mine is a HTC 8S), but with the application.
    I have this problem with my Lumia 520, and I don't have the Amazon app installed...
    I had the same problem with my Brazilian Lumia 520. I didn't have the Amazon app installed. The problem seems to have started when I was trying to scan a bar code to install Mayhem. I removed the battery and reinserted it, and the problem seems to be fixed, at least for now. But it would be nice to have an official explanation...

My wife and I just purchased Nokia 928's 6 days ago and yesterday I noticed this green screen problem when trying to take a picture. Glad I found this site, I figured I would have to return the phone, although I'm still considering it as it's ridiculous they haven't found a solution to this. On the other hand, I absolutely love this phone and would just get another 928 which would probably have the same problem at some point in the future. Maybe Windows Phone 8.1 will fix the software issue?

*I'm assuming it's a software issue and not a hardware issue.

man this heppens to every1 :D
    it heppend to my ativ s :(
    but turn off and turn on phone and its good again :D

It happened to me last week when I was shooting with ProShot. a restart fixed the issue.

Get this after using Photosynth (almost every time). Restart fixes the problem.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast