Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. F2a

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Sigh. Never had this problem with my GS2.

edit: added a better picture.

Last edited by F2a; 11-11-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Your entire phone and table looks dusty!

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Hopefully they won't give you any problems exchanging it for a new one. Anytime a new product comes out some of them are inevitably faulty. That said, it sucks when it happens to you.
    JurayiBkk likes this.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I'm looking at the blown up pic and it looks like you have dust all outside the phone and around the edges.
  5. F2a

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Yeah, the bright flash really bring out all the dust. I can't even see all that dust without a flashlight. I try to clean my pockets before I put the phone in but looks like it had some dust in there.

Now that you mention it, I found that my Lumia 920 has dust in the front camera as well. It doesn't look like its as bad as yours but I figure its only been 2 days and it can only get worse. Ugh I'd rather not replace it because I just got everything the way I like it!

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I have already gone through two black Lumia 920s in the last 3 days due to dust getting under the screen. I swapped it for the red one so far I don't see any. I love this phone but if they don't offer a fix or if Nokia will offer a correctly sealed lumia 920, we may be in that category of "sucks when it happens to you"

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    I just noticed I have quite a bit too. :/
    -Chances are, I'm guessing.

I had this, took it back to AT&T and they gave me a new one no hassle.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    I'll probably wait to see if it becomes a problem.

I'm sure its not air tight, and will happen to any I get.

otherwise, i'd assume I can get a warranty replacement down the line if needed.
    -Chances are, I'm guessing.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Yeah you can. Just not sure if you get a warranty replacement will fix the issue or get one that's actually worse than the one you have now.

I've had my 920 for a week, and it's MUCH worse than yours.

I should be getting my L920 today. All these threads are really worrying me :-/

Quote Originally Posted by hasasimo View Post
    I should be getting my L920 today. All these threads are really worrying me :-/
    I know. It sucks. But it's part of being a first batch buyer. I love my phone, but it's going back. Just too many little problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpm277 View Post
    I know. It sucks. But it's part of being a first batch buyer. I love my phone, but it's going back. Just too many little problems with it.
    I can deal with all the little quirks that can be solved through a software update (most problems fall into this category), but I'm afraid of any hardware defects since I ordered mine off Ebay (meaning it may be more of a hassle to return/exchange). Too many people are reporting things like dust under the FFC or bricked devices after a factor reset.

A picture of my FFC. Right click and view the original.

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=D8CCD...4D8F183E%21162

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpm277 View Post
    A picture of my FFC. Right click and view the original.

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=D8CCD...4D8F183E%21162
    can't see it - permissions are borked
  18. F2a

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    After a week there is more dust above the camera. Took it to AT&T to exchange but they didn't have any in stock. Seems like it's not an isolated issue.
    Admittedly, I cannot see it in the pic, but after looking at mine I noticed the dust as well. That coupled with the light leak I have in the bottom right, along with my phone having frozen a total of six times (once was a random reboot) I am thinking of getting a replacement. Question is, where? No place around me has them in stock. I certainly don't want to get stuck with a phone with faults if I go past my 14 days. Also would like to avoid paying the restocking fee. Decisions, decisions.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    You guys.. I have dust in my front facing cam as well.. I keep my phone SUPER clean and clean it off every morning even...

ATT White model... How the heck does dust even get in there.???

QUESTION**

Is this a replaceable thing? like what i mean is.. if i go into the ATT Store will they give me grief trying to replace this?

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    I just posted in the other thread about this.. just noticed today that I have 3 very large dust particles inside my FFC as well.. Super annoying. I'm meticulous about keeping my phone clean but I do keep it in my front pocket so it will get dust on it from time to time. I clean it off.. I can see this getting much worse over time and I fear it won't be an isolated incident even if I exchange it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,655 Global Posts
    I used a dust can on the head phone jack and now my FFC dust is gone.

Yep, just noticed some in mine as well. I took a can of air and it blew out the dust no problem... odd that it isn't sealed though

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I tired with the dust can and I couldn't get my dust out of the ffc. Right now its not effecting the picture so I will not worry about it But I will have to keep an eye on it.
  25. F2a

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Oh wow, I blew compressed air into the ear speaker hole and it cleaned out the FFC. Why wouldn't they seal it?!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast