Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I want to try the blowing through the speaker piece but I'm afraid it will blow it under the glass of the digitizer.

I'm afraid blowing the air is just blowing dust further into your phone.

Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    That's crazy. I might hold of until they fix this.

Global Posts
    283 Global Posts
    Even from the pic the OP posted I don't see dust. I see artifacts from whatever took the picture; maybe the OP should check whatever took the picture? My black 920 is pretty much physically perfect since launch day. No give, squeaks, dust, scuffs, scratches, rattles, bongs, boings, or bangs. Maybe Nokia has a bad batch out, but mine is solid as a rock. If yours is really having issues get it replaced. The 920 is as high quality as any iPhone or Android.

Mine has several specks of dust inside the FFC also. At least two dozen tiny pieces of crap. Some of them are stuck to the lens, most are stuck to the glass. I just noticed them today, I'm 100% sure they weren't there when new; i got the phone the ninth. There is definitely a crack between the earpiece and the FFC because being my anal-retentive-self of cleaning my gadgets I have blown air into the earpiece slot a few times since lint likes to nest there from my pocket. Apparently that was a silly thing to do. The more you know, the more you grow I guess... Time to try to get and exchange at one of the two stores in Colorado that show it in stock.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Mine has no dust in it, but I wouldn't be too upset if it did. FFC is useless to me on a phone. I'm never going to bother Skyping on a phone.
    CapnPauly likes this.

The problem isnt the front facing camera (Well it is a problem but only for some who plan on using it). It's the proximity sensor right next to it that will mess up your ability to use the phone during day to day use.

My black 920 had the issue, the spots above the sensor and camera were not air tight, you could see dust on the bezel and then two spots where there was no dust. Those two spots were perfectly aligned with the camera and proximity sensor and both had dust in them.

If you have dust in your ff camera try making a phone call (especially in low light I had the problem) and see if your prox sensor goes wonky.

I think it's a defect and a number of different colors have been reported to have it. Get the phone exchanged now while you can, it is only going to get worse.

Thanks. Just did something similar but around the edge of the FFC. Removed the dust and the proximity sensor is working again (no more black screen while making calls).

I see dust on my HTC Amaze 4G. So far, my Lumia 920 has no issue. Fingers cross.
    I don't know is the front camera is suppose to be like that or not but when i turn it on i look at myself and surroundings and it looks grainy and like when a tv has static. I mean i can see everything but it looks grainy then when i take the picture it comes ok but with a little not much noticeable grainy. This is with the front camera not the rear one. Does anyone have the same issue or it just me? I dont see any dust on the screen or either the camera. Thanks for helping

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Same here. I have quite a few specks of dust under my FFC. Some of them are pretty large (as in large dust specks :)). And it's only after 4 days of use.

I was on the fence between keeping the Lumia 920 and getting the Optimus G. I guess this and inconsistent battery life make my decision easier.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Well this is the last straw for me. I returned my first 920 (red) because it kept turning off on it's own and wouldn't turn back on unless I held down all the buttons. Replaced it at the ATT store with a black one (paid restocking fee) since they were out of red. Returned that one after 5 days because I had a bunch of dust in the FFC. Was replaced with another black one from the ATT corporate store down the road. 2 Days later and this one has more dust inside the glass than the last one. Tomorrow is the last day of my return window.. going to return this and be done with it and just wait on the nexus 4 I guess. Really dissapointed, I love the phone and I'm content with wp8... I just can't imagine the ffc being usable in a couple months at the rate that dust is getting in there. This is just from being in my pocket btw.. it's not like I'm working in an attic full of insulation or anything.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferganer View Post
    Same here. I have quite a few specks of dust under my FFC. Some of them are pretty large (as in large dust specks :)). And it's only after 4 days of use.

I was on the fence between keeping the Lumia 920 and getting the Optimus G. I guess this and inconsistent battery life make my decision easier.

Yeah I'm def returning my 920 tomorrow again and for good... on the fence between waiting on the nexus 4 or just picking up an optimus g for 99 bucks from amazon (add a line).

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I never really thought to check but just looked and sure enough mine has dust under the lens. I don't want to bother returning it though if that's the only issue. I'm past my return now. I will submit a feedback report to Nokia but not sure if I want to try and swap it yet. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Edit: Tried a little bit of canned air and it blew the dust out.
    Red Lumia 920

Mine has a huge dust particle blocking the camera. I don't use it, so it isn't a big deal but it bugs me to look and see it there. I may just take mine apart and seal around the camera.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Gotta wonder how they didn't find this during QA testing.

Only had mine for just over one week and i've just noticed specks of dust in the ffc..........really disappointed as the phone is performing perfectly regarding all other reported faults. I'm within the 14 day return period so i think i'll return it and come back to the 920 in a few months time when, hopefully, the problem is resolved.
  18. F2a

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Just an update, I used to blow out the dust via the headphone jack pretty regularly but now there is dust that just won't get blown out. So, it's just getting worse as time goes on.

Oh God.. just disconvered now on my Lumia920..... I was happy till I haven't discovered it....I don't know if this is the same case with many people or only with White Lumia

One question everyone - for those who are getting their phones replaced (or just overly concerned) because of dust around the FFC, how many of you use the FFC?

And again: the problem is not the FFC, but the proximity sensor which is nearby and also getting dusty, when this stuff spreads. Or even other components deeper in the phone (u can't be sure, since you can't open it).

I am having issues with the sensor and also got dust in my FFC, so I guess this is the problem. Gonna walk into my Vodafone shop nearby in the next few days.

i use FFC often talking on Skype, I just got few complaints that my picture is not clear or of very poor quality but I believe it's not because of dust coz it's just started building on FFC camera, will see in a month.. I asked Nokiacare on twitter and they gave me this link for solution.. Lumia 920 - the dust under front facing camera iss... - Nokia Support Discussions

Had this problem, blew some compressed air into the speaker and around the case. All gone, relax people.

But, how many times can you blast air before the speaker gets clogged with dust or gets damaged? Too early to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Traveler View Post
    Had this problem, blew some compressed air into the speaker and around the case. All gone, relax people.
    All gone where????........deeper into the phones innards of course.......panic people.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast