Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 546
Like Tree33Likes
  1. Balkan Eddy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Hassie View Post
    Ff camera got dust on inside. And some weird stuff on screen that disappears when cleaned with tissue but reappears when touched with finger, it is not a scratch. Maybe adhesive from manufacturing? Anyways im exchanging it tomorrow as only 1 week old.

    Oh and Hai. New to posting but not new to reading :)
    Yeah i have same problem at first i thought i scratched the screen so i wiped the screen and the scratches went away, but as soon as you put some grease over them they appear again.
    Its very visible on black screen under lighting, so it must be some factory defect looks like a sticker was there at the manufacturing or something cause the lines that appear are square like from the sticker.

    The quality controls on this phones looks awful.
    Wondering how many phones are like that and people dont realize since on the cleaned screen you cant see them, just when you start using the screen and put some finger grease they appear.

    And was just saying how lucky im that i have no problems in a previous post.

    I really want to like this phone :(
  2. MerlotC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    149 Posts
    #227  
    Regarding the proximity sensor issue, have not had the problem but saw someone else state that their problem was just due to dust/dirt obscuring sensor.
  3. cacb90's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #228  
    I have a really big problem with my at&t L920.. I can send text messages but can't receive them. As soon as I put my SIM into my iPhone, I start receiving all of them. When I put my SIM back to the Lumia, it stops working after two hours o so! I don't know what to do and I don't want to get an iPhone. Btw, this is my third Lumia In a week.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
  4. I Unquello's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    57 Posts
    #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by muhan View Post
    Wow that's a very good observation that I did not think about.
    However, I feel the better solution would be to move up the whole home screen a bit and have the notification toast overlap the top a bit since the notification toast only lasts a few seconds.
    I agree. At least it does have a purpose. My guess is that it would be difficult to differentiate between tapping the toast and tapping the top tiles, so they added the space to accommodate separating the inputs.
  5. I Unquello's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    57 Posts
    #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by Balkan Eddy View Post
    Yeah i have same problem at first i thought i scratched the screen so i wiped the screen and the scratches went away, but as soon as you put some grease over them they appear again.
    Its very visible on black screen under lighting, so it must be some factory defect looks like a sticker was there at the manufacturing or something cause the lines that appear are square like from the sticker.

    The quality controls on this phones looks awful.
    Wondering how many phones are like that and people dont realize since on the cleaned screen you cant see them, just when you start using the screen and put some finger grease they appear.

    And was just saying how lucky im that i have no problems in a previous post.

    I really want to like this phone :(
    I had this same issue and returned the phone for a new one today. I also had the chassis flex that others had described. The ATT folks were very kind and willing to swap out for free.
  6. vizagdude's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #231  
    I would suggest you call the Customer Care and tell them the issue. They will reset the SIM to the NL 920 and everything should work fine. They will ask for the SIM # at the back of your SIM card and the phone IMEI#.

    You should be good to go.
  7. Villain's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by cacb90 View Post
    I have a really big problem with my at&t L920.. I can send text messages but can't receive them. As soon as I put my SIM into my iPhone, I start receiving all of them. When I put my SIM back to the Lumia, it stops working after two hours o so! I don't know what to do and I don't want to get an iPhone. Btw, this is my third Lumia In a week.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    that issues has to do with the iphone and it's imessenger.


    to test it... put the sim in the lumia and have the iphone connected to wifi.... your messages will still go to the iphone.
  8. retyler's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #233  
    Battery drain
    Some people are reporting that their battery power is drained after just a few hours. Solutions: make sure only background apps you intend to run are actually running; close out of apps when you're not using them by pressing the back button; let the phone go through a few charging cycles; Nokia Drive running in the background is a common culprit - look out for the accompanying icon and be sure to close out of it and other apps properly.
    I'm sorry, but this is not the solution. I have tried two different phones now, both black, and both have had problems with the battery. I have done the following:

    1. Disabled all background apps (I only had 4 apps running in the background)
    2. Disabled NFC
    3. Turned on Battery Saving and tried all settings
    4. Turned on Airplane Mode
    5. Restored to factory default and applied all the above (no, I did not restore my settings; I restored as if I just received it)
    6. Restored to factory default and not open a single app (no, I did not restore my settings; I restored as if I just received it)


    I have a friend who bought his on the same day at the same store, but several hours before I did and he has two to three times more apps running in the background, roughly 6 email accounts sync (4 every 2 hours and two every 30 minutes), NFC turned on, WiFi active, Battery Saving set to "When battery is low", and was able to use his through out the day doing text, email, app browsing, Internet browsing, and games; and still maintain a long battery life. Where mine battery would be dead after 6 hours of just sitting on the desk or in my pocket not even being used with no apps running or even been started for the first time.

    In the last two, 5 and 6, mean not even the Nokia apps were opened or the Microsoft store. Only text messaging was used if at all. Gmail was not hooked up either.

    There is a problem with the some of the Nokia Lumia 920 phones; most likely a large, bad batch was shipped.
    Thanked by:
    GoodThings2Life likes this.
  9. retyler's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by cacb90 View Post
    I have a really big problem with my at&t L920.. I can send text messages but can't receive them. As soon as I put my SIM into my iPhone, I start receiving all of them. When I put my SIM back to the Lumia, it stops working after two hours o so! I don't know what to do and I don't want to get an iPhone. Btw, this is my third Lumia In a week.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

    You need a new SIM card.
  10. Noob1ee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by cacb90 View Post
    I have a really big problem with my at&t L920.. I can send text messages but can't receive them. As soon as I put my SIM into my iPhone, I start receiving all of them. When I put my SIM back to the Lumia, it stops working after two hours o so! I don't know what to do and I don't want to get an iPhone. Btw, this is my third Lumia In a week.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    You need to disassociate your number with your iMessage account.
    Villain likes this.
  11. Jonah P's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    27 Posts
    #236  
    Does anyone else have problems with raised glass on the sides of the phone? You can clearly notice it when you press down. It flexes. On the left side, it makes a very slight pop...also happens when pushing in the center of the screen. Will be comparing it to the in store display before my 14 days are up.
  12. sundawg#WP's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
    #237  
    I'll admit I didn't read all of this thread, so if this was already mentioned, then just add one more instance of the issue.

    If I plug in my vehicles aux cable before starting music playback, music will come out of the phones speakers rather than send it to my stereo. I can simply unplug and plug the jack back in and it will switch over. It doesn't happen every time. I reply back if I find a more repeatable scenario.
  13. raysin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #238  
    The proximity sensor is really pissing me off. It is absolutely ridiculous that you cant end a phone call or even be allowed on the call screen. It's all black and you cant even get on it.
  14. wmcaceres's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #239  
    I've noticed that using skype videochat will cause the Phone to overheat and eventually shutdown. Anybody else experiencing this?
  15. earle36's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by cacb90 View Post
    I have a really big problem with my at&t L920.. I can send text messages but can't receive them. As soon as I put my SIM into my iPhone, I start receiving all of them. When I put my SIM back to the Lumia, it stops working after two hours o so! I don't know what to do and I don't want to get an iPhone. Btw, this is my third Lumia In a week.Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    I had a problem like this - tried everything....what finally worked for me was disabling the data connection (settings -> cellular -> data connection off) then turning it back on
  16. #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by retyler View Post
    There is a problem with the some of the Nokia Lumia 920 phones; most likely a large, bad batch was shipped.
    I don't think it's a hardware issue at all. I think it's entirely software related. I, too, have been bitten by the battery drain issue... but only once, and like you said, I had gone through and enabled battery saver, airplane mode, and other tricks just to identify the issue (even uninstalled a bunch of things), and it persisted until I rebooted the phone.

    I believe there's a very buggy radio firmware on the devices, and the issue is triggered when one or more radios isn't going into power save modes appropriately. It will get fixed and in the short term people just need to report the issue to @NokiaCareUS on Twitter or other means of contacting Nokia so they can get a fix issued ASAP. I believe whatever the issue is with the radios that it's also causing the Bluetooth and lockup/freezing issues as well.

    I've seen this happen on MANY phones over the years... Windows Mobile and Android alike. It's aggravating, but it's fixable. :)

    UPDATE: I just went over to the 8X forums and found this post complaining of the same 10% loss/hour issue that many of us have experienced. So now I'm thinking, YES-- it's software related-- BUT, it may be with Windows Phone 8 itself, not the Lumia 920 radios as I first suspected. So I'm guessing it can't hurt to tweet @WindowsPhoneSupport and voice some feedback as well.
    Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 11-17-2012 at 07:32 AM.
  17. #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah P View Post
    Does anyone else have problems with raised glass on the sides of the phone? You can clearly notice it when you press down. It flexes. On the left side, it makes a very slight pop...also happens when pushing in the center of the screen. Will be comparing it to the in store display before my 14 days are up.
    No, but others have reported it. You definitely should have it replaced.

    Quote Originally Posted by sundawg#WP View Post
    If I plug in my vehicles aux cable before starting music playback, music will come out of the phones speakers rather than send it to my stereo. I can simply unplug and plug the jack back in and it will switch over. It doesn't happen every time. I reply back if I find a more repeatable scenario.
    Settings > Speech > Change it to Bluetooth and Headsets instead of just Bluetooth.

    Quote Originally Posted by raysin View Post
    The proximity sensor is really pissing me off. It is absolutely ridiculous that you cant end a phone call or even be allowed on the call screen. It's all black and you cant even get on it.
    Others have reported about dust blocking the sensor... I've not had this problem. If you blow on it you may dislodge the dust and correct it, but I think you'd be best served to replace the phone with a unit with a properly sealed display so that you don't repeatedly get dust in it.
  18. kantFTW's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #243  
    My SO and I both got 920s; his is white and mine is red. On his device, the buttons on the side all feel solid and only travel when you give them pressure.

    On mine, the volume rocker is just slightly wobbly. If I didn't have another one to compare it to, I would never have noticed. What I would have noticed, however, is that the volume rocker squeaks. Not when I give it a full press, but when I just lightly tap it. This may not sound like too big of a deal, but for some reason, the way I hold the phone has it making this high-pitched, incessant squeak all the time. I at first thought, "no big deal," but am quickly realizing an exchange is in order, as it's driving me up a wall.
  19. phirefly's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    337 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #244  
    My camera doesn't focus while trying to scan barcodes with the Bing search. It will focus if I tell it to scan text but will not focus to scan a barcode.
  20. dhruvz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #245  
    Hello,

    I need some help. I am not sure if I did something wrong, but the wallet app on my windows phone 8 is not working.

    As soon as I go into the app, i see "Updating Wallet...." on top and it just exits. I added a few cards and Paypal account everything was working well. And I decided to remove credit card info by following the details, going to certain website that is mentioned onscreen, most likely some commerce site for microsoft live.

    So all now I have a wallet app with my 2 credit cards, my paypal info and some other stuff linked, but i cant use it since it keeps on exiting the app as soon as I open it.

    any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks !
  21. #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhruvz View Post
    Hello,

    I need some help. I am not sure if I did something wrong, but the wallet app on my windows phone 8 is not working.

    As soon as I go into the app, i see "Updating Wallet...." on top and it just exits. I added a few cards and Paypal account everything was working well. And I decided to remove credit card info by following the details, going to certain website that is mentioned onscreen, most likely some commerce site for microsoft live.

    So all now I have a wallet app with my 2 credit cards, my paypal info and some other stuff linked, but i cant use it since it keeps on exiting the app as soon as I open it.

    any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks !
    You should open a new thread for this one so that more people see it... probably best in the Windows Phone 8 section too. :)

    That said, I've not seen/heard anything like this yet, so you may also want to check https://gethelp.live.com/en-us/Pages/wp8.aspx for some help (use the Store option).
  22. dhruvz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
    You should open a new thread for this one so that more people see it... probably best in the Windows Phone 8 section too. :)

    That said, I've not seen/heard anything like this yet, so you may also want to check https://gethelp.live.com/en-us/Pages/wp8.aspx for some help (use the Store option).
    I've already opened a thread in the Windows Phone 8 section. Since this thread is amazingly popular, i thought I'll ask here as well. Not intending to spam, but hoping get a fix soon.
  23. nickpatel01's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #248  
    One more bug, email sync issue. When ever I open Gmail or yahoo mail apps it crash and goes back to start screen, when I check the email setting it says sync un progress. Sync status shows up for few hours. Last app I installed was Skype which I already uninstalled but issue still remain.

    Can not wait for MS to release a fix.
  24. #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickpatel01 View Post
    One more bug, email sync issue. When ever I open Gmail or yahoo mail apps it crash and goes back to start screen, when I check the email setting it says sync un progress. Sync status shows up for few hours. Last app I installed was Skype which I already uninstalled but issue still remain.
    There's an article on the main page about this issue.
  25. raysin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
    Others have reported about dust blocking the sensor... I've not had this problem. If you blow on it you may dislodge the dust and correct it, but I think you'd be best served to replace the phone with a unit with a properly sealed display so that you don't repeatedly get dust in it.
    yup, i had to use compressed air for it to work again. I definitely do not want to be doing this every week you know? I just wonder when would be a good time to go get a replacement.

Posting Permissions