Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

If you noticed Walmart Wireless is selling the Lumia 920 for only 49.99.

At&t will price match by giving you a credit onto your bill. It will take some arguing ("Take your phone out or go into your web browser its on Walmart's main page! Damit")

So I got my Cyan Lumia 920 + wireless charger for $49.99 (plus Uncle Sam). I wasn't charged an upgrade fee as well.

I been lurking for a bit but I thought this would help a few out or many out!

So you can go the route above or simply get the Lumia from walmart (then order your free charge plate from Nokia).

Did you ask for price match at the store or did you talk to a rep online/phone?

You could also just buy from walmart and then head to nokiafreecharger.com for a free wireless charger.

There's a few ways of getting great deals. :)

I made my purchase on AT&T's website yesterday. I saw the walmart wireless price online this morning and called the AT&T customer service line shortly after.

She first said that I could simply return it (unopened) w/o paying a restock fee and just buy it from walmart. I asked her to match or give me credit on my bill and she gave me a $50 credit within minutes + sent me an email confirmation of receiving credit.

I was surprised on how after she saw the difference in price she corrected everything and made me a happy shopper in minutes.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Cool I may have to try this Monday

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Wait I'm still confused - how did you get around not paying the upgrade fee?
    How is Walmart wireless as far as shipping goes? Also, how come a new contract has an upgrade fee? Your not upgrading anything.

I bought it from the At&t premier website and they don't charge $36 dollar upgrade fee. Premier sucks in many ways except for the discounts (like 20% off my monthly bill). Many employers have it but few employee's know of it.

Walmart I think has free standard shipping going on.

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownxGoblin View Post
    If you noticed Walmart Wireless is selling the Lumia 920 for only 49.99.

At&t will price match by giving you a credit onto your bill. It will take some arguing ("Take your phone out or go into your web browser its on Walmart's main page! Damit")

So I got my Cyan Lumia 920 + wireless charger for $49.99 (plus Uncle Sam). I wasn't charged an upgrade fee as well.

I been lurking for a bit but I thought this would help a few out or many out!

So you can go the route above or simply get the Lumia from walmart (then order your free charge plate from Nokia).
    Are you a current AT&T customer?

Global Posts
    2,468 Global Posts
    I'll just wait to see what Amazon is going to do on this phone. I predict they will either throw in a charger, or throw in a hefty Amazon gift card I can use for holiday shopping.

Yes, I have been at&t costumer for awhile now. I been month to month for a few months since my 2 yr ended.

Price match went smoothly. Thank you!

Now I just have to wait for my yellow and cyan ones to ship on monday.
    BrownxGoblin likes this.
    Just got off the phone with premier support...it took a supervisor but they gave me credit on next months bill. Look's like they are getting more than a few calls on this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,757 Global Posts
    I wonder if AT&T will give Walmart their next generation phone right away next time.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if they will do this in the corporate stores?

Sweet! My only regret buying on Friday was seeing that Walmart had it for $49 shortly after. I bought my phone in store yesterday and just did an online chat and got a price match. They are going to credit my next bill the difference!

I was afraid they were going to give me trouble since the phone rang up at $49 and then got charged $49 for the charging plate separately. But they didn't give me any trouble whatsoever.

I was looking for such a thread and saw this. Thanks!

This didn't work for me. Went into at&t store first and asked for price match, was told no because WalMart's price is an online only offer. Next I called customer support, was denied again. Both times I heavily complained. Gonna see what happens when I return the phone to buy from WalMart instead, because even with the restocking fee I'll be saving money.

Just tried it with normal customer support...no dice.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Didn't work for me. Talked to three customer care reps... "we don't price match devices" is what I was told each time. Told them I'd return my 3 Lumia 920s and repurchase through Walmart and they said go ahead.

worked for me. thanks a bunch ! Called att and the CSR put me on hold for a minute to speak with his supervisor and gave me a $50 credit on my next bill...

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Worked for me as well. I simply asked if they would price match to walmart. She said they they don't normally price match but she would credit me $50 back this one time. Actually got more because of Tax.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Managed to talk my way into a $50 account credit plus the CSR waived the upgrade fee...thanks OP!

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thank you so much, OP! I managed to get my $50 refunded on my next bill by calling at&t. Such a great deal.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    You'll probably have better luck getting the price matched at AT&T Authorized Retailers. Corporate stores are hard to negotiate with sometimes.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Picking my Cyan up on Sunday and plan on giving this a shot as well, fingers crossed!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast